“Very very average”

Il Barocco
Ranked #20 of 76 Restaurants in Main Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Casual dining that dares to be different within a contemporary and classical, elegant and informal setting. Il Barocco Restaurant presents an expose of fresh Australian produce and flavours boasting a full buffet breakfast and a lavish seafood buffet seven nights a week. An a la carte menu is available for lunch from Monday to Saturday and a seafood buffet offering on Sunday afternoon.
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Went to the smorgasboard last night, paid $84 per person and was disappointed. I found the service lacking, I had to ask for a drink three times, ask for the plates to be removed twice and it seemed that I had to ask for everything. All I can say the staff were ordinary.
The choice of food was average, the roasts were limited, the seafood okay but then again limited, w had to wait 15 minutes for the chef to slice 3 pieces of bread because the bread knife was where the bread was. Overall, a disappointing experience when you cinsider across the road is competation far superior to what I experienced lat night.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We dined here as we were staying at the Versace and Vanitas was fully booked. The seafood selection was great and very tasty however I think that was the best bit of the buffet. The majority of the buffet was made up of salads and cold selections. There was a small amount of hot food but we had to stand around wait for some of the selections to be replenished or to be served from the carvery.
I thought all of the desserts were very disappointing, the best option being the ice cream.
I would not choose to eat here again.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

The Smorgasbord at Il Barocco meets my needs. This is open only of a night and is the perfect way to spend time with friends indulging in your favourite foods. I think they have the best oysters natural on the coast. The jusgravy is really the best. I wish I could take a little take away container. The choices of hot and cold meals are endless. The deserts can be "diet fearful," however, you can always enjoy the fresh fruit. I do not drink wine so I cannot pass judgement. The staff are wonderful and the opulent surrounds make for a perfect evening with a special friend or group of friends.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We really liked the service of the restaurant but not the food which is unfortunate. The staff were very nice, helful and professional. The problem was it avarage food. Not good value for money at all.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

The service was top-notch !! It is way better than lots restaurants. Great decor as well. Raw bar was awesome!!!! The hot plate section was a let down unfortunately. Even simple roast was not cooked properly (over cooked). Otherwise, it would be an EASY 5 stars rating. One advice - go early, it gets a bit crowed after 7pm.