“Great buffet in an opulent atmosphere!”
Review of Il Barocco

Il Barocco
Ranked #20 of 76 Restaurants in Main Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Casual dining that dares to be different within a contemporary and classical, elegant and informal setting. Il Barocco Restaurant presents an expose of fresh Australian produce and flavours boasting a full buffet breakfast and a lavish seafood buffet seven nights a week. An a la carte menu is available for lunch from Monday to Saturday and a seafood buffet offering on Sunday afternoon.
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were given a $200 voucher to spend here and visited for dinner last Saturday night.

Enjoyed the buffet and a glass of wine each, I have eaten here a few times and have found a good selection of food each time, but what really makes me want to visit is the lovely atmosphere, the hotel furnishings are lovely and the staff are always very attentive and professional. I am vegetarian so didn't indulge in any of the seafood offerings (Seafood buffet every Saturday night) but from what we saw there was plenty (bugs/crab/oysters/salmon/prawns) and it was very busy. It was nice to get a little dressed up (although many people don't - perhaps a difference between guests and visitors). Atmosphere is lovely and food was plentiful, the dessert buffet was a winner for us :)

If visiting on a weekend I would strong recommend booking in advance to avoid waiting.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We went there for a dinner buffet and we loves seafood, the buffet did wonderful job on their seafood!! All the seafood are fresh and nice, they did refill all the food pretty fast.

Service is nice and staff is friendly.. The dessert is nice with huge of choice, we recommend you save some rooms for the dessert :)

There is not much choice for the hot food, but it's already fulfil our requirement as a seafood buffet!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Had a beautiful dinner here. Food was brilliant, staff were amazing and the brandy snaps are to die for. Can't wait to come back when I lose the 10 kilos I put on from the dessert buffet.

2  Thank Nathaen M
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Visited as two couples from Sydney on our annual trip to the GC, this was our last night in the Gold Coast, what a way to end it!!

I am going it keep this relatively short, purposely, because my review will go on forever. This place is amazing and lives up to its name and reputation.
As a non-seafood eater, I got my $$ worth. The lamb roast and roasted veggies were cooked to perfection, the array of salads and vegetables were just amazing, the quality fresh and of highest quality.
The seafood lovers on my table - were in 7th heaven as they gushed how fresh and beautiful the seafood was and how fresh the sashimi was Note: they have moreton bay bugs.
We were pleased to meet their resident Sashimi Master, I on the other hand was devouring their amazing potato salad, and chicken salad, picking off their huge cheeseboard and making way for the dessert table.

Dessert table - amazing, I can't figure out my favourite, but must try the chocolate mousse cup.
The options are extensive, service impeccable, the hotel - of very high standards. The attention to detail was unbelievable, they have spared no expense and left no detail out.

We loved it and have bragged about it, and will be back for sure!

Do not hesitate, highly recommended.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We were away on the Gold Coast over the Christmas break and we chose Il Barocco at Palazzo Versace for our Christmas dinner feast. We were not disappointed! I generally to not like buffet or "all you can eat" dining but this is the exception! The seafood was plentiful, super fresh and never ran out. There were so may different dishes to choose from. Service was amazing. Santa even paid a visit to our child and gave him a lovely Lego set, which he was extremely excited about. We would definitely do this again!