important note: this is NOT a SERVICED apartment, so be prepared to wash your own towels, change your own linen etc. bring extra laundry powder and dishwashing liquid (they only provide 1 tiny pack of each) if you are staying more than 2-3 days. also, bring your own bedroom slippers if you dun like stepping on old carpeted room floors like me.
other than the that, everything was fantastic and as expected after reading the reviews. Kylie was amazingly helpful (we'd booked 2 apartments separately, i called up a week before and they'd allotted us rooms on different floors, but when we checked in, happy surprise to find out that Kylie had moved rooms around so we got apartments right next to each other!) Kylie really is the best! :) we din get charged extra for kids as we didn't ask for extra beds, so we fit 7 adults and 4 kids into 2 2-bedroom apartments
there's a ticketing machine at the lobby so you can even purchase tickets for most of the tours/attractions just as you can on the internet
no direct access to the beach anymore as there's a 6 foot drop, but fairly easy to access by going out the main door, going round the side and straight to the beach
fantastic views from every room (even living room), we got apartments 1301 and 1302. 1301 only had 1 bathroom/toilet though despite having 2 bedrooms
for asians, just remember food portions are huge in general, so if going to Blue Grotto as most pple recommends, go easy on the ordering, 2 servings for 3 people is more than generous, to say the least. my pasta could've fed myself and my 2 kids
Teddar ave is not as near as i'd imagined (esp carrying kids), so be prepared to walk a bit
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Sands, modern high rise apartments located on the beach-front in Main Beach, just north of Surfers Paradise. It is simply a superb Gold Coast resort located on the waters edge! There are 1, 2 and 3 bedroom fully self contained apartments. All apartments are tastefully decorated and feature spectacular outlooks from each window. Golden Sands, your perfect Gold Coast resort on Main Beach is one of the rare high rise apartment properties where the beach is your backyard. Your stay at the Golden Sands can be whatever your heart desires. And with fully secure underground parking and key only entry to the building, it's incredibly safe! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Golden Sands Holiday Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Holiday Apartments Hotel Main Beach
- Golden Sands Holiday Apartments Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia