Main Beach Tourist Park
Palazzo Versace(Main Beach)
  • Restaurant
Rhapsody Resort(Surfers Paradise)
View Hotel
Alpha Sovereign Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
All reviewscaravan parksurf clubacross the roadcamp kitchenstudio villagreat parkgreat locationthe gold coastsurfers paradisetedder avenuetourist parkpowered ensuite sitecamper trailerclean amenitiesfamily friendly parkquiet parkkids playground
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have visited the Gold Coast many times this the first time with caravan in tow , we knew the position of the park was close to the beach and Surfers . We where a bit apprehensive about how peaceful it would be , but thoroughly enjoyed ourselves it was very quite most of the time and clean with good facilities . A security guard roamed the grounds at night so you felt secure , the sites where a bit mixed with back packers amongst grey nomads and the back packers could be a bit noisy coming home from the night clubs at night and the operators could have split them up a bit better . I would imagine access in the busy period for the beach could be an issue especially towing a van , that sites where a bit tight for 20' plus vans and drive through sites would have been appreciated .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gertsbigadventure
Reviewed May 20, 2013

great gardens, pleasant staff and a great location close to all things to do in surfers. really enjoyed our stay... all the ameneties were clean and working and all staff very curteous. only thing i could hope to see is the ensuite caravan sites ensuite to be slightly updated... perhaps having the option to have it cleaned by a cleaner half way though a long stay (9 days) apart from that it was perfect and priced well.

Room Tip: if choosing a caravan site, make sure you request one away from the childrens playground nearby if you like a sleep in!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had a great stay in our two bedroom cabin at Main Beach. The staff were really helpful. I had forgotten to pack my phone charger and the manager came out with the biggest bag of cables I had ever seen. He found a charger and lent it to me without charge for the duration of our stay. We would recommend the park to anyone considering a family holiday on the Gold Coast.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2013

On route to the Gold Coast we saw the Main Beach Tourist Park in the latest (2013) camping brouchure. the overnight cost of a powered van site is shown as 37$ AUD. Upon check in, the price jumped to 43$ with the following, very unpolite reason
" Thats not own brochure and that only if you stay a week or more"
This was on a thursday. The price then went up to 46$ on Fri night because "its the weekend"

We had stayed at several other sites on our trip and all the prices were as the brochure stated. Its clear that the Main Beach Tourist Park are just maximising profit in any way possible.

The site location is pretty perfect (probably why they get away with the pricing structure) and the facilities are clean and tidy. There is a decent sized pool but with the beach just 50 meters away its not a must have.
wi fi is avaiable at a cost , which seems pretty standard for all sites...free wifi does not seem to have reached OZ yet :)

Apart for the the pricing, the site is pretty good and have probably the best location of any on teh Gold coast, with Surfers paradise just 3km away on a very nice coastal walk

Room Tip: We stayed at a powered camper van site. All seemed close to the bathrooms and showers.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Recently we stayed for 5 days in a 2 b/r villa, whilst attending a nearby wedding. Even though our stay was half in and half out of local school holidays management demanded full payment a month before our stay. Apparently a deposit is not good enough. I rang a 1300 number on the managers email and paid. The lady saw my booking on the computer took my money but apparently I rang "the other park". My money was refunded and I had to pay again. Sloppy. We were the only people staying in the villas on the first night. Then a family group moved in either side of us. They were not quiet people with kids starting from 7am and the drunk adults knocking on windows at 11.30pm and 3am. If we had have been placed at the end I am sure this would have been alleviated. We booked a portacot for our baby which was to be placed in the room. Upon arrival after 13 hrs of travel I had to go to the front office to get the portacot. At this point I will note the reception staff were very nice. Maintenance of this villa was poor. A bathroom heater light was out, a light above the main bed was out, the toilet seat was that loose it was dangerous (lucky I knew how to tighten it up). The cistern was coming away from the wall, so much so that the toilet seat wouldnt stay up. For a bloke I had to bend over and hold the seat up every time to pee, quite annoying. The bathroom window lock had been forced and was quite difficult to open the window. The amount of hair covering tiles and the floor was unacceptable. I noticed a ceiling fan mounted on the wall at bench level in the kitchen and thought what a good idea for the toaster. I turned it on but the fire alarm still went off because the vent at the back of the fan was so blocked it acted in reverse. It doesnt end here, I tried to turn the fan off and the switch was broken and wouldnt turn off. I reported these issues to management and a maintenance fella turned up. He took away the blown bathroom heater lamp and took off the fascia plate to the fan switch, turned it off, replaced the fascia and I bet never fixed. The cistern wasnt looked at. Apparently there was supposed to be a compendium to assist us especially with austar, there was no compendium present. There was a tv in the main bedroom. I had to fix the coax lead before we got something that resembled a picture. There was a notice stating that if you run out of consumables eg 1 small sachete of dishwashing liquid and 1 roll of toilet paper that you can buy some from the front desk (generous). I noticed that the villa next door to us had water gushing from an overflow pipe. It hadnt just started as all the rocks were very exposed and the ground sodden. Like another person reviewing Main Beach Tourist park I saw a sign stating that front office staff can assist with discounted tourist park bookings. The staff member appeared to be surprised when I mentioned the sign and redirected me to a machine in the games room. When I tried to use the machine it was out of order. Individually these items are not big issues. But, put them all together it tainted our stay. A contractor not employed by this organisation confirmed my thoughts that this was once a good place to stay, but due to maintenance issues with a change of management the place is going backwards.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo