“A nice day out”

45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 358 helpful votes
“A nice day out”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We visited here with family and grand kids. Although we live nearby, this our first time in 6 years. Pros... Nice day out, with 2 or 3 rides for the kids and family friendly atmosphere. The storm ride was excellent. Cons....very sad to see the captive animals in small enclosures away from their natural environment. The penguins looked particularly stressed. Hopefully public opinion will force the exploitation of these animals to end before long, several rides not working so very limited choice. Very expensive, food is overpriced with little option for healthy eaters. Still worth a visit though.

• Arabic first
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 194 helpful votes
“Great!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We purchased a Cudo voucher which included six days of unlimited visits to Sea World, Warner Bros and Wet and Wild. It was an excellent choice as we were able to enjoy the three parks as it suited us. The shows are organised and professional and the staff is pleasant and smiling- not so much as at Disneyland, but that is OK with me as we are in Australia. The only criticism I would make is that there is an enormous emphasis on the use of natural resources and taking care of the environment, which I found to be over the top, especially given that there are so many people who are consuming huge amounts of junk food and drink, there. I saw no healthy food options and there is more than one sweet shop. My point is that we don't help the planet by using non recyclable packaging and containers and we don't help ourselves by eating and drinking poorly. I thought the prices for being up close with the animals were quite high and there is no doubt that if the interactions were with school, the kids would not be so compliant.. I just feel there is an overmangaement going on. The place is kept clean and the rides are great! I saw a large group of disabled patrons and they were happy and looked after well.

1 Thank Gabriel11
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Leave me alone - I'm here on holiday”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We had a great day out but really....................was it necessary to have a bunch of over zealous sales people shoving scratchies under my nose and congratulating me on winning a very expensive accommodation package if I sign-up for a 90 minute "grilling" about investing in resort real estate. And the same company was at Movie World and Wet n' Wild. Give them a wide berth. They are very pushy. They shouldn't have been there - spoilt the day for me. Kids still had fun but couldn't understand why I said "no" to chance of an overseas holiday. As if!!.

1 Thank Shaun F
Melbourne, Australia
133 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 254 helpful votes
“Wider variety of attractions”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Sea World remains my favourite theme park on the GC. There is a wider spread of attractions for all ages. There are the rides, of all types for all ages, there are the natural exhibits like sharks and polar bears and there are the shows to suit all age groups, from dolphins to jet skis.
There is a wide variety of food offered for sale, from the informal to more formal meals with the prices varying accordingly.
We went on a Sunday, and while there were queues, the wait times were not all that long.
The entry fee covers all rides, exhibits and shows, but to do some of the other activities does cost more, and some require advance booking.
All in all, my preferred theme park.

Visited March 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“We had a wonderful time.”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We purchased a Cudo voucher which included six days of unlimited visits to Sea World, Warner Bros and Wet and Wild. It was an excellent choice as we were able to enjoy the three parks as it suited us. The shows are organised and professional and the staff is pleasant and smiling- not so much as at Disneyland, but that is OK with me as we are in Australia. The only criticism I would make is that there is an enormous emphasis on the use of natural resources and taking care of the environment, which I found to be over the top, especially given that there are so many people who are consuming huge amounts of junk food and drink, there. I saw no healthy food options and there is more than one sweet shop. My point is that we don't help the planet by using non recyclable packaging and containers. The place is kept clean and the rides are great!