We have just returned home to gloomy Melbourne after a wonderful week away in sunny Queensland. Not only was the weather responsible for our lovely holiday, but the fabulous hospitality of Sunbird Beach Resort. We stayed in a lower level beautifully refurbished apartment on the 2nd floor with beach views, simply perfect for us with a 3 year old toddler and 3 month old baby. Our little boy safely enjoyed playing on the balcony whilst watching the waves crash on the beach, counting the cars drive by and listening to the happy holidayers stroll past.
The manager Phil and his staff were simply terrific and only to willing to help in any way possible. The foyer has heaps of information and brochures on all the tourist activities, theme parks and dining options available on the gold coast. The receptionists were knowledgeable and made it easy for us to make bookings or happy to give simple directions. Our son was thrilled by the selection of buckets, spades, boogie boards and sports balls he could help himself with to take to the beach across the road.
The outdoor facilities have all had an obvious face lift. Lovely outdoor pool with new sun chairs to relax on. Terrific outdoor wading pool for the kids, lovely grassy areas to lay a towel down for sun baking. Indoor pool,spa and sauna are great too. BBQ area works really well for families.
Our apartment had two bedrooms, two bathrooms. Really great size rooms so we could accommodate out portacot for our baby in our room with us. Terrific kitchen with breakfast bench, stainless steel fridge and all the kitchenware etc to be able to cook meals for the family. Big dining table, comfy sofas and big flat screen TV..
Finally walking distance to great strip on restaurants, cafes and shops. We would recommend staying at Sunbird to anybody:-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four star self-contained beachfront apartments in the heart of Main Beach. Patrolled beach across road. 5 minutes walk to Tedder Avenue with its multitude of award winning restaurants, bars and cafe's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunbird Beach Resort Main Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunbird Beach Resort Main Beach Hotel Main Beach
- Breakfree Sunbird Beach Hotel
- Sunbird Beach Resort Main Beach Gold Coast, Australia