My two kids and I recently stayed here during the school holidays. We stayed in a two bedroom "value" apartment in the North Tower.\
From the moment we arrived we were so pleased with our choice to stay at Xanadu. The reception staff were all so welcoming, helpful and responsive. The two bedroom apartment was roomy, with a TV in each room (3 in total), a large ensuite with bath and shower, as well as decent bathroom for the kids. The kitchen was large and well stocked with all the utensils, cutlery, crockery and whitegoods that you could need. I was pleasantly surprised there was even a good sized Bodum for making my plunger coffee.
As I had requested a lower level floor, I was pleased to see my request was actioned and had a great balcony which overlooked the pool and beach.
Location-wise Xanadu is excellent:
- just across one road to the beach
- bus top about 50m from resort which takes you to Seaword or Pacific Fair
- a great café/subway/convenience store on the same block just two minutes walk away
- an easy 5 minute walk to Tedders Avenue were there is a good selection of cafes/restaurants
- an easy 10 minute walk to Gold Coast Highway to catch bus to other these parks such as Movie Wold
The resort facilities are great and well secured with each occupant having a secure fob key for entry to all facilities.
- outside pool was great
- inside pool was great, especially when weather turned a bit cooler
- also the sauna and indoor spa were great
- the gym was a decent size and well equipped
- the tennis courts were easy and cheap to book
I would find it very hard to find any faults with this resort, its facilities or its location. I was just great all round.
Only one small suggestion... perhaps a few softer pillows in the rooms as most were quite firm.
Note: The blanket that was supplied with the main bedroom was so nice, plush and snuggly that I have since ordered my own blanket for my home.
Thanks to everyone at the resort for their hard work in making the resort great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Xanadu Resort is a beachside highrise apartment resort located at the northern end of the Gold Coast. We have a wide selection of uniquely decorated and furnished very large one and two bedroom two bathroom apartments (three per floor) - 140 square meters. Our resort facilities include swimming pools, tennis courts, sauna, spa pools, free car parking and free in-room WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Xanadu Holiday Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Holiday Hotel Main Beach
- Xanadu Holiday Resort Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia