“Skip the high tea”

Ranked #53 of 77 Restaurants in Main Beach
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Went to Versace to celebrate a friends milestone birthday, we thought high tea would be a great choice. I was really unimpressed. When you say the name Versace you think sophistication, high class, boutique etc so my expectations were high. I have visited their other restaurant Vanitas and was impressed so had the same expectations here. When the tier was presented it looked like a 5 year olds party on the top. Starting from the first tier there were petit sandwiches to choose from – which is standard but the bread was far from fresh and very dry. The next selection was the scones with jam and cream, mini quiche all satisfactory. The top tier was by far the worse. All the desert/sweet items were topped with bright blue icing, hundreds and thousands, lolly pop sticks, mini ice cream cones. My expectation was delicate small slices and cakes, not something you would expect at a child’s birthday party. I was very unimpressed considering the amount we paid. I would recommend you select another venue for high tea.

2  Thank Bostocks

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were stopping at Palazzo Versace for the weekend and used Le Jardin a few times during our stay, we have used Le Jardin numerous times before, even when not stopping in the hotel and found the service this time very very slow, again. Very disappointing for this level of hotel. On the plus side the live music in the bar on the Saturday night was very good.

3  Thank Yorkie_Traveller
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

High tea in Le jardin very wonderful and traditional, great service all round. We had a minor hiccup but the food and beverage supervisor was very attentive to the small situation as I am in the hotel industry myself I wasn't to fussed, knowing things can just happen we are all human. Great service by all staff, Veronica, Ashley cooper

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We love doing high teas and have been to some of the most famous ones around the world but never really thought that we could find such a good one at the Gold Coast (tried another hotel's a few years ago and it was basic). Surroundings are gorgeous, staff efficient and genuinelly friendly. Food arrived quickly - plenty of it and delicious. Mini scones a great idea - don't want to get full too early! High quality French jam and King Island cream, luscious desserts and a great variety - so much so we couldn't finish them. Will be back!

7  Thank Nairina
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Although I can't afford to eat here I can enjoy a hot chocolate in style!

2  Thank heather659076