“About time”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Australian, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Tedder Avenue has an array of choices for more formal dinning and there has been no or at best a very limited choice for a lighter (and more economical) breakfast or lunch. There is a lot on the menu for choice and is licenced as well so if you are looking for a less formal lunch give Thyme Café a go.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

On the Gold Coast (and especially Main Beach) it's refreshing to find a place that bucks the local rules, and actually supplies good tucker without ripping you off.
Four of us selected different things for breakfast, and it was all pleasing. Standard two-eggs-with-toast-and-grilled-tomato is $8 and in the tourist capital that's a price that's been lost for a very long time in the mists of history.
Service was pleasant and efficient.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Our family of two adults and two small daughters visited Thyme Cafe and Bar yesterday for brunch on the way home from a holiday in Surfers.

We all thought our meals were sublime. Our seven year old daughter thought the savoury mince was the best thing she had ever tasted. My homemade muesli with honey yoghurt and poached fruit was truly delicious. My elder daughter had a happily tailor made bacon and lettuce sandwich and she loved it too. My husband lost his savoury mince to very hungry youngest daughter but loved his egg! The service was friendly and attentive, the location is pleasantly sunny and relaxing and the food is to die for. The prices are very reasonable - all round fantastic.

1  Thank MerryweatherBrisbane
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My family and I went in for breakfast, 10 of us and we forgot to make a booking on Sunday morning.. But the fantastic wait staff promptly rearranged a few tables and had us seated in no time! The food was out of this world, great portion size and everything was cooked to perfection! We will DEFINITELY be back the best breakfast I have had in a very long time.. Maybe even ever?

1  Thank f00dy101
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We went for the first time, for breakfast on the 10th Aug 2013. We where left disappointed, it was a real shame. The tea cups where dirty, normally I would just give them a wipe, but this muck was caked on, no budging it.
The breakfast came out, with no butter on the toast, I went inside and asked for some, the girl brought me hard butter from the fridge, not spreadable at all. The meals also came out cold. Normally if some-one had asked me if my meal was to my liking I would poliety let them know if it was not, in order to let them know, so they could fix it next time. But no one asked me during my meal, when they cleared the plates, or when they took my money at the till. You missed your chance.....................sorry but we won't be back.