All reviews tedder ave surfers paradise great location the gold coast ocean view quiet location enjoyed my stay after hours easy access apartment supermarket
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We have stayed here many times and always found it a good choice. This visit was no exception and included a surprise upgrade to an ocean view apartment. The apartment has everything you need including hot plates and microwave for cooking,dryer and washing machine and basic crockery and cutlery. We ate out on a few nights but cooked a 3 course meal in room on one night. Tedder Ave shops and restaurants are only 100 metres away and the beach less distance. There is a small coffee shop/cafe on the corner about 40 m away. It's all there! Main Beach is away from the noise and rush of Cavill Ave but within walking distance if you must go there. David, the manager, was very helpful and other staff equally helpful on our out of hours check in. Parking is included and secure parking is underneath the building. If you need good accommodation that is well positioned on the Gold Coast then try Maldives.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank petsaloz
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stayed in Maldives Resort recently with my husband and we were very satisfied with the service and hospitality. The staff at the front desk was always ready to answer our queries and went the extra mile to recommend places and restaurant that we could visit. He even remembered that we were heading to deep sea fishing and asked about our experience thereafter!

The location was great, with many buses available to various locations. Tedder Ave was great with a wide selection of restaurants and it is within walking distance from Maldives Resort. We preferred this location to the more commercialized surfers paradise district. If you are budget travelers like us,we took bus 702 and transferred to bus 750 from surfer's paradise upon arrival from airport. For departure, we took bus 702 from the nearby bus stop (at Gold Coast Hwy/Tedder Ave ) to the airport. The walks between all the bus stops and resort were less than 7 mins.

Rooms were very clean and everything looks new. We could see the sea from our apartment, an absolute joy for sure.

We definitely recommend this resort and will visit again soon! :)

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank missyrisc
MaldivesResort, Manager at Maldives Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review and also add some photos. There is such a huge variety of activities available on the Gold Coast and I always love hearing what our guests have been out enjoying. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again some day. Maybe next time you will have a bit more luck catching that big one.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I spent a few nights here in July and it's the perfect base for a stay on the Gold Coast. It's a short two block walk to the beach and the same distance to the shops and restaurants of Tedder Avenue. It's also a short drive to all of the attractions on the Gold Coast, including Surfers Paradise, Sea World, and the water parks.
I stayed in a one bedroom apartment and it had everything I needed, including a kitchen, beautiful balcony, and washer and dryer. It was clean, well-designed, and beautiful.
I arrived after checkout closed but merely used the intercom system to get the passcode to pick up my keys and went right to the apartment. At all the times I visited reception, the staff was friendly and helpful. The parking garage was directly under the building and there were plenty of spots. The spots were also of a normal size, not the tiny size that many internal lots feature.
The area is quiet and a great departure from the bustle of Surfers Paradise. I'll stay here again on my next trip to the Gold Coast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank carl0086
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I travel around the world regularly visiting our company offices, when I stay on the Gold Coast this is where I stay. The resort is close to a very nice area of shops and resteraunts with an almost village atmosphere and yet is very well positioned for access to the rest of the GC and its attractions.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David M
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed here for 2 nights but would have loved to stay longer. The apartment was lovely, very clean and had everything you would want. The owners were very nice and helpful. The location is great, it's really close to the beach and Tedder Avenue aswel. It's a nice area, quieter than the really busy Surfers Paradise area which is close by- ideal. There was free wifi downstairs in the lobby which was handy if you needed it. The pool and jacuzzi were lovely too. There's a 7/11 2 minutes away if you need to get any little bits and pieces. A great place to stay, I would definitely recommend it , I'd love to come back!

• Stayed: July 2012