“What a disgusting dump” 1 of 5 bubbles

Chidori Court
Brisbane, Australia
“What a disgusting dump”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

My husband, myself and our 2yo son stayed at Chidori last week for our wedding anniversary. The place was disgustingly dirty and a real disappointment. We stayed on the ground floor, the outdoor table was that rusty it looked like a ship wreck. There was mould in the shower, a used tissue under our bed. Sand in our beds (before we had actually slept in them). There was left over soap in the shower from previous people. The dishwasher and hot plates didn't work. There was a hole in the wall in the 2nd bedroom. The floor tiles were covered with sand and hair before we got there. We left early, due to my son and myself becoming violently ill with vomitting and diahorrea. To top it off, my son contained 2 x ringworms from this filthy place. The management didn't believe it was appropriate to advise any of the guests of the garage door repairs, where accessing the carpark was not permitted for 2 hours. The management at the site were abrupt, like I was wasting their precious time. When we approached management to discuss the status of the appartment, they said they have been meaning to sack the cleaners for a while now. It is clearly obvious that they don't have cleaners at all. If I wanted to stay in third world facilities, I would travel overseas. I would be embarrassed to manage this place. By the way, we won't visiting this dump again.

Room Tip: I am referring to appartment 7
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Peta E

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stayed at these apartments with my two young children and on the 1st day check in was at 2pm but reception was closed and I had to use an intercom to call an afterhours operator?! It kept cutting out and it took me over an hour to get in! Once we got into the apartment my girls heart sank it was old, musty and lacked any kind of personality. There was mould in the shower, mould in the kettle and dirt and dust all throughout the carpets and couches. The iron didn't work and on the 1st morning I was woken up at 6am by maitanence people lawn mowing outside my bedroom window which continued until 11am grrrr:! But the icing on the cake was the ants in the kitchen! Do yourself a favour and don't stay at this dump!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Trice09
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

We stayed back in May 2008 (the ticker doesn't go back that far) so my review is really just an indication (in comparison to more recent reviews) on what has/hasn't changed.
Ok so in 2008: We were on the ground floor near the pool in a 2 bedroom, self contained suite. We got the room with the couch instead of the dreaded cain furniture, so yay.
I loved the room, two bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, balcony seating, only problem is the sliding glass doors wouldnt lock, and that's really not good on the ground floor. The screen door locked, but still, they're alot easier to jimmy open. I hope that was fixed.
The room wasn't exactly sterile either, at one point I pulled the lounge cushions in search of the remote, but I found a heaps of dust, hair and general grit that should have been vacuumed up enough times by then. My gf complained about the dusty carpets and very dated furniture. There were cigarette butts strewn about the garden that seemed almost dead even for autumn. I just got the impression that there were very limited staff and very lil effort invested in upkeep of what was potentially a garden oasis pool area.

I would stay here again, but for
$120 p/night max, unless they've fixed it up, then I'll be wiling to pay a lil more.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Mushroomfat
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

This place is OK. We only paid $130 a night, and probably got what we paid for. We read the reviews on this site, and so rang before our visit to request a refurb room, ground floor apartment (3 littlies) and air con. Receptionist didn't like receiving the requests and sternly reminded me that they were just 'requests'!

We got the air con, but a room that was very tired and had that HIDEOUSLY UNCOMFORABLE cain furniture of the 80's!

Our neighbors had a refurb room and it WAS nice. Don't know how you get one though!!!

Upsides were: location, very nice gardens, OK facilities, low-rise building meant I wasn' terrified the three year old would try sky diving off a balcony, nice families staying there so kids made friends!

Downsides:
- BAD BAD blinds on windows meant sunlight came streaming in at 4.45am = kids awake!
- 'Management' I'm sure didn't mean to be rude, but demenour is so gruff that I was scared to approach!! Not even a friendly smile when you pass....and god forbid you 'request' anything! Just stay out of their way!
- The tactor that fires up at 6am every morning to take rubbish bins out. If you could sleep through the streaming sunlight you sure wouldn't make it through the noise of the tractor!!
- no DVD player - to be fair it isn't listed...but for a few bucks extra it would have made a family stay easier.
Our kitchen had 5-6 of everything. A few more plates/ glasses etc would mean we weren't constantly running the dishwasher...and would just make life easier.

As I said - expectations should be managed if you are paying $130 a night. It was OK. I'll probably look for something different next time...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

from the outside the Chidori Court seems like a quite pleasant place until you step foot in the stairwell where you're overwhelmed with a very musty smell, it definitely compliments the smells of the bins in the underground garage.
on the first night of my stay I was greeted with a pubic hair on my soap holder and a dirty bathroom floor. the kitchen was a mess and the whole apartment was musty and dilapidated.
the tacky cane furniture and the 70's style room was not nice to put up with for my 10 night stay.
there was also something wrong with fan/light controls and was woken up several times by the lights turning themselves on.
to make my experience just that little but better we had to deal with very obnoxiously rude staff members.
this is definitely not worth your time and especially not worth the ridiculous price for what you get.
I think the formule1 would have been a better option.

• Stayed December 2011
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

We are a family of 3 and were looking forward to our first QLD holiday and taking our 5yr old to the theme parks. Unfortunately staying at Chidori court was less then an enjoyable experience.
We stayed in a 2 b/r apartment, the interior was tired, grubby and disgusting to say the least. On the first day I was so horrified I sent my husband and son to the pool for the day so I could disinfect the bathroom,kitchen and vacuume the living area after finding hairs, mould and scum in most areas. The curtains were filthy with mould and dust and I didn't feel comfortable exposing my son to such terrible conditions.
The fans bearly worked, and during the night the lights flicked on and off making a full nights sleep non-existant.
Admittedly I did purchase a voucher like a lot of other people have mentioned so we received a discounted rate but my expectations of a reasonably priced 3 star family holiday was not achieved staying at Chidori Court.
When seeking assistance regarding attractions and the best way to get to the beach, the male office staff member was rude, arrogant and groaned as if I was interrupting his day. (I didn't even mention the level of cleanliness in our room)
We also had an issue with 'security' rudely asking us to vacate the pool at 9.05pm (pool closes at 9pm) we ensured our 5yr old was being quite just enjoying a quick cool off swim before bed... As the fans didn't work!
Overall we won't be returning ever, a discount coupon is to entice people to stay here... Don't take the bait, you too will be disappointed with the 1-2 star property and non existant service.

• Stayed December 2011
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Our second visit a month after the last one to welcome a new grand daughter. Still excellent value and great location! We were in the ground floor unit closest to the front entrance on the pool side. Lovely unit, tastefully decorated, washer and dryer, two bedrooms and two bathrooms, ideal for a family. Beautiful pool and spa next to the unit, well manicured gardens and easy access to Main Beach shops and the beach. BBQ next to the pool, more than one would be better, especially in busy times. Free secure parking, safe fully fenced play areas/courtyards on either side of the unit. We look forward to staying again soon. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
#7 of 18 in Main Beach
Xanadu Holiday Resort
Xanadu Holiday Resort
#1 of 18 in Main Beach

Been to Chidori Court? Share your experiences!