We stayed here for a week, and couldn't have been happier. The location was a little out of the way, but still less than a ten minute drive to the heart of Surfers. Overall the experience was excellent.
The kids (boy 10, girl 5) loved the water play area by the pool, and the waterpark attached to the theme park, which is accesible from the resort, was also a favourite. Although the water play operating hours seem to be arbitrary, and should be longer, there was still plenty of time for the kids to have fun. Although the pool was supposed to be heated, it didn't seem like it, but that didn't stop the kids.
The resort staff were friendly and efficient, although food service in the lobby bar was a bit slow.
I would recommend getting unlimited entry to the Sea World theme park, as we were able to spend our time enjoying the rides and shows over the week, instead of in one long, tiring day.
This is a non-smoking resort, except in designated areas, which is excellent and adds to the family friendly nature of the place.
Be warned, I would not recommend travelling to Surfers at the end of October, as this is when alot of roads are closed for the supercars, and finding your way around can become confusing.
Overall, a great experience, and highly recommended. Will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take your family on a journey of discovery and adventure at the award-winning Sea World Resort. There's so much to explore including an aquatic adventure playground, cuddles with your favourite Nickelodeon characters including the awesome new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and a fun filled Kid's Club. Go on a behind the scenes sneak peek of a dolphin training session with Sea World Resort's exclusive Dolphin Discovery Presentation, free when you stay two nights or more. It's a wonderful experience the kids will never forget. Then join everyone's favourite sponge and his nautical friends in your own underwater adventure at the amazing 'SpongeBob SplashBash' aquatic adventure zone. Your kids will adore the bright and colourful water-play areas themed around SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick, and Squidward, plus a few jellyfish of course. And just try and keep the kids away from the spectacular nightly light show at the musical water fountain. Home to four restaurants and two bar areas, you'll never have to leave the comfort of the Resort. Dine on at the Shoreline Restaurant and experience an amazing new menu that features live interactive cooking, and enjoy delicious Japanese cuisine at Hatsuhana, all family friendly of course. Plus, spoil the kids with an evening in the Resort's newly upgraded Kids' Club with specially designed Nickelodeon activities and programs that they'll love. Sea World Resort is perfect for your family with direct monorail access to Sea World and family friendly service all with Gold Coast beaches and famous theme parks on your doorstep, not to mention free WIFI around the entire hotel and free in-room broadband. The Resort also offers a host of seasonal water sports, plus massage, beauty and a gym. What will you discover today at Sea World Resort, the heart of fun and adventure? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sea World Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea World Hotel Main Beach
- Nara Resort Sea World
- Sea World Main Beach
- Sea World Resort Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia