We visited as a family of four; three adults and a toddler. Our rooms were two superior (or similiar name) with an adjoining door, so the little one could sleep in peace. The rooms were quiet and comfortable, if a little tired. The beds were good.
One of the rooms was supposed to have a kitchenette but this was a kettle, fridge and microwave.
We were quite happy there but didn't hire a car - this was a mistake. The distance to Surfer's is quite a way by taxi or bus and so we were forced to eat there which was very expensive.
The outlook from our rooms was a sort of hedge and beyond that a bitumen area (not what you expect in Surfer's Paradise), however it was close to the pool area.
Our little grandaughter was over the moon with excitement when she discovered the 'big bucket' play area by the pool on day one. How disappointing on our following four days with the fun area roped off for maintenance - so if you're taking kids, insist on knowing if the area will be open every day. Also the kids' playground was disappointing by todays standards.
Seaworld is wonderful but there's lots little kids aren't allowed to do (from memory the height requirement was 120cm for most things), also we went to feed the dolphins one morning but due to her height the little one wasn't able to participate. This is fair enough but little kids get terribly disappointed so now you know in advance.
One more thing you may need to know is the beach is quite a trek to get to. Sorry, but I recommend you stay close to Cavill Avenue, in Surfer's Paradise. Take day trips to Seaworld and other attractions and have the beach, shops and eateries all at your doorstep - their are hundreds of places to choose from on the Gold Coast, many of them metres to the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take your family on a journey of discovery and adventure at the award-winning Sea World Resort. There's so much to explore including an aquatic adventure playground, cuddles with your favourite Nickelodeon characters including the awesome new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and a fun filled Kid's Club. Go on a behind the scenes sneak peek of a dolphin training session with Sea World Resort's exclusive Dolphin Discovery Presentation, free when you stay two nights or more. It's a wonderful experience the kids will never forget. Then join everyone's favourite sponge and his nautical friends in your own underwater adventure at the amazing 'SpongeBob SplashBash' aquatic adventure zone. Your kids will adore the bright and colourful water-play areas themed around SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick, and Squidward, plus a few jellyfish of course. And just try and keep the kids away from the spectacular nightly light show at the musical water fountain. Home to four restaurants and two bar areas, you'll never have to leave the comfort of the Resort. Dine on at the Shoreline Restaurant and experience an amazing new menu that features live interactive cooking, and enjoy delicious Japanese cuisine at Hatsuhana, all family friendly of course. Plus, spoil the kids with an evening in the Resort's newly upgraded Kids' Club with specially designed Nickelodeon activities and programs that they'll love. Sea World Resort is perfect for your family with direct monorail access to Sea World and family friendly service all with Gold Coast beaches and famous theme parks on your doorstep, not to mention free WIFI around the entire hotel and free in-room broadband. The Resort also offers a host of seasonal water sports, plus massage, beauty and a gym. What will you discover today at Sea World Resort, the heart of fun and adventure? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sea World Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea World Hotel Main Beach
- Nara Resort Sea World
- Sea World Main Beach
- Sea World Resort Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia