“Great for families”
Review of Sea World Resort

Sea World Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a cudo voucher for a week. Great swimming pool for guests and fun how you can walk into seaworld anytime you like. The pool restaurant service was avg. We had dinner twice in the resort restaurant, probably would only eat there on a two for one voucher. The resort is very clean and the rooms although very clean, are slightly small for 4 adults. Loved our stay but be aware it's a drive to the main surfers paradise shops

• Stayed: March 2014
GM_Sea_World_Resort, General Manager at Sea World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Leobrophy,
Thanks for your feedback. It's good to hear that you took advantage of our Cudo deal. Apologies for the lack of service you experienced at the Waterfall Cafe, I will discuss your comments with our Food and Beverage Manager. In regards to Surfers Paradise, we are actually located in Main Beach but do have the Marina Mirage shopping centre 700m along the road just past the Sea World main entrance. The bus stop is also located here to gain access to Surfers Paradise and beyond if you are using public transport to get around. We hope to welcome you back to our Resort in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We had a Cudo voucher for 5 nights in a resort double room. The room was very clean and well presented. As we were only sleeping in the room it was perfect. The buffett breakfast was fantastic and so was the seafood buffett dinner. Staying at Sea World was amazing with early access to the park and unlimited entry to the water park. Staff were all great and friendly and eager to assist. Our 7yr old checked out the kids club one night and she loved it and wanted to go back every night. If you don't have a car it is a little isolated when it comes to other dining choices. We will be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you have children ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Diane H,
Great to hear that your family had a good time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

To add to my review from 5 days ago I have to say things got better (a quick word to the manager and a free breakfast helps tho) but I feel all the safe there need to talk up if they have a problem with their work environment and not to winge to the customers who are there to relax and enjoy the facilities not wait for long periods for food only to have the wrong order anyway and its not even busy

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Troy S,
It is good to hear that our Duty Manager actioned the issues you had whilst in the Resort, but in turn disappointing that some team members speak negatively in regards to their work environment.

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights 4/5 March and couldnt be happier. Upon arrival we were offered a discount VIP pass for the theme parks and also received a 2 for 1 voucher in the restaurant.

Facilities for kids are great, Mr 2 had a great time in the kids pool and in the water park, the night time water show capped off a great day.

Access to sea world is via the resort, the convenience of being able to duck back to your room mid visit to sea world is worth the price of the resort alone and makes the trip with a little one so much easier.

Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
GM_Sea_World_Resort, General Manager at Sea World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Mattjoose,
Thank you for your post. It's great to hear that your family enjoyed their time at our Resort.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed at SeaWorld Resort for 2 nights in December, our room was clean and comfortable having everything we needed for our short stay. The ideal place to stay if you're going into Sea world! The back entrance and monorail help to avoid the huge crowds and the Dolphin discovery with photo opp. where excellent! Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EWatchers

Dear Sealay,
It's great to know that you enjoyed the benefits of staying at Sea World Resort & Water Park when you came to visit Sea World. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed at the Resort for 5 days on a Cudo voucher, 2 adults and 3 children. We had to add $200 to upgrade to a Deluxe Room, but upon arrival we were informed they upgraded us to a Premium room instead. Happy as larry I thanked the receptionist, and thought wow this is going to be a great place! To my surprise the "Premium" was due to the fact that it had just been refurbished and that it was close to the pools. Everything else was pretty standard, two queen beds, a little balcony, a well stocked mini fridge etc. The room number was 1022 on the ground floor (as per request) so that my kids could easily get to the pools.
Besides the little negative point above everything else was fantastic, the Resort is large with it's own water park (slides and all) spa, huge pool and many many sun chairs. Every night they had a water show that lasted around 10-15 mins, with music and lights, a lot of fun for the children.
The Sea World park next door was easily accessible on foot or monorail, which we visited twice.
We had the buffet breakfast once, it gets extremely busy (I'd hate to see what it's like during school holidays) so if you can get in there around 7:30am, otherwise you will be waiting for seats for an hour! We enjoyed the food and we had Omelettes cooked to our liking, many varieties to suit everyone, there were even 3 types of juices plus coffees and self serve frozen yoghurt you can put different toppings on.
For us it wasn't worth going back for a buffet breakfast as our children are still quite young and don't eat that much in the mornings, we preferred just cereals in our room.
We didn't eat in the resort restaurants, we were out most of the time and only came back just enough time for the kids to swim and play in the pools. The water park closes at 4pm each day and pools and spa closes at 9pm. By the time we finished with the theme parks it was time for dinner so we would stop at local restaurants before heading back to the resort.

I ordered a couple of cocktails at the bar, they were very nice, great service from the bar staff, always polite even when there were a couple of rude and impatient customers before me, they still managed to keep a smile and get on with their jobs.

I must mention that all the staff that I had contact with were awesome! The cleaner, the receptionists, the shop assistant, the waiters and waitresses, the animal adventure staff, even the driver of the monorail were really polite, helpful and easy to talk to. And the man that looks after the water show is a cracker! Also the staff at the kids club were amazing with the kids, very friendly and funny.

Overall it's a really great resort that caters for the whole family, I would definitely go back but not on full price to stay from $200 per night, in a standard room only. They do not allow cooking on their resort, there's not even a BBQ, they only have a mini fridge and a kettle (no toaster or microwave, you will have to pay extra).

Our voucher included tickets to three theme parks, 5 nights accommodation and half price meals for adults at their buffet restaurant for a family of 4 for $900 plus $200 to upgrade to deluxe queen (later premium queen).

They have free car parking and you will need your key to enter the gates. I had trouble many times with my key card and had to be replaced numerous times, especially the gate entrance.

We heard noises from the rooms above and beside us but didn't bother us at all, even the activities outside didn't affect our sleep.

Room Tip: If you can, stay close to the pools and on the ground floor especially if you have young kids. We ha...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sealay2015

Dear Sealay,
Thank you for sharing your Sea World Resort experience with Trip Advisor. It is great to hear that all of our team members provided exceptional service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from two nights (Saturday and Sunday) at the Sea World Resort. After checking in to the room I noticed a letter to the Valued Guest advising that the Resort Pool, Aqua Play and Spongebob Splash Bash area would be closed from 5.30 pm on Sunday 23 February for a private function. The letter went on to advise that the “special event” would take place from 6.30 pm to 9 pm, apologised for any inconvenience and invited the “Valued Guest” to contact the Duty Manager if you had any questions. I was far from impressed. Why were we not told at the time of making the reservation or at least when we checked in, that access to such facilities would be restricted?

I phoned and eventually spoke to the Duty Manager who (obviously) apologised but explained that I could still use the pool on Saturday afternoon and evening. I expressed my dissatisfaction as we had travelled from interstate to spend a weekend with family including playing in the pool with the grandkids. He must have thought I was stretching the truth as he said “but there are only two adults in that room”. I had to explain that the rest of the family was actually staying in another room at the resort. I was left with the distinct impression that he was not impressed with my telephone call. After much discussion he offered “two for the price of one” dinner but the offer was only available to “that” room. I did not take up the offer as we would only have to purchase one expensive meal to get the second.

After spending time at Sea World the family returned early Sunday afternoon to take advantage of the limited time available at the resort pool. Shortly after 3 pm I went to the pool and was met at the gate to the pool by a security officer who said it would be OK for me to enter the pool but I should stay in a particular area which was already heavily populated by other guests. I declined his “suggestion” and joined my daughter and son-in-law who were resting in the shade with each nursing a sleeping toddler. While I was in the pool a Sea World employee asked them to move, totally ignoring the fact that they were nursing sleeping children. Despite the fact that the area was supposed to be closed to guests from 5.30 pm, the setting up commenced around 3 pm causing substantial disruption to guests.

I gave in to the pressure to move with all the activity in the area and returned to our room (1023) which was adjacent to the path leading to the pool. For the next hour or so there was constant movement and rattling of tables and trolleys on the (uneven) path – just imagine the constant noise which was far greater than that which you would reasonably and normally expect from guests simply moving to and from the pool! Then there was the clean up later that night but I need not go into any further detail.

On checking out on Monday morning I asked the receptionist whether “private functions” were common and suggested that Sea World should be warning guests of the restrictions and disruption when they book or at least when they check in. She replied something along the lines “Not really but it was a special event, you know, like when a movie star comes”. Please!!!!. She also alleged that guests were advised when checking in. If that is correct there must have been a lot of guests who have poor memories or could not read as I saw many families pass our room on their way to the pool well after 5 pm. My daughter and son-in-law were not aware of the closure nor were some others we spoke to at the time.

Needless to say the receptionist apologised (used the word frequently) but like the Duty Manager did not really sound genuine. I could not help asking myself was the apology genuine! I intentionally did not ask for nor suggest, a reduction in the tariff to test the sincerity of the apology. All I was offered was a complaint card but I declined as I did not think the card would be big enough to tell the story.

On the up side:
• the room was very good but nothing more than I would expect for the price we paid,
• we had a very good lunch at a reasonable price in the lobby where the staff were extremely friendly (I cannot see them progressing to management – too customer focussed!),
• the receptionist agreed after minimal discussion to deduct the cost of a bottle of wine (which we did not actually have) from our account.

Will I be returning or recommending the resort to others? Not likely, unless of course you are a movie star!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Brian G,
Thank you for your feedback. We do take every measure to inform guests of any changes to facilities that are out of the ordinary. We are sorry that this interfered with your stay and we do take your comments on board. Hopefully you will be able to return to the Resort in the future, please contact my office directly and will be able to ensure that you receive the usual standard of service and guest experience that we proudly offer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Main Beach
#5 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Novotel Surfers Paradise
Novotel Surfers Paradise
#14 of 31 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Sea World Resort? Share your experiences!