We stayed on the Cudo deal and were amazed at the service of the staff. We stayed in a deluxe room on the third floor were the view over the pool and water was the main feature. The room is a little run down, but quite comfortable. The main problem was the taps in the room are very hard to adjust and a bit worn.
The Japanese restaurant is exceptional and we had one of the best Japanese meals we have had.
We only had dinner in the buffet restaurant as the breakfast was always packed, even after the school holidays. The breakfast in the café was great, though they do not start until around 8.30am, so it is difficult if you are booked for events or adventures. The best value was the seafood buffet, with plenty of fresh seafood and even excellent desserts. A seafood chowder for the soup would have been preferable to the tomato soup, but this is a very minor point.
The staff are the main feature of the resort. From the concierge desk, to reception, the tour desk and restaurants, as well as housekeeping, they were all EXCEPTIONAL. Nothing was too much of a problem. There were a number of children even though the school holidays were finished.
A number of the parents seem to be in their own world, and just let the children run wild. This makes it hard for other guests as well as the staff. Yet the staff always are courteous and helpful, always with a smile. A special mention is due to Jackson, who continually assisted us and even came to where we were doing Trainer for a Day, to check that all was going well!
The only drawback was the very hot walk outside to the main gate to do the early start for Trainer for a Day. But this ensured we enjoyed the experience even more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take your family on a journey of discovery and adventure at the award-winning Sea World Resort. There's so much to explore including an aquatic adventure playground, cuddles with your favourite Nickelodeon characters including the awesome new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and a fun filled Kid's Club. Go on a behind the scenes sneak peek of a dolphin training session with Sea World Resort's exclusive Dolphin Discovery Presentation, free when you stay two nights or more. It's a wonderful experience the kids will never forget. Then join everyone's favourite sponge and his nautical friends in your own underwater adventure at the amazing 'SpongeBob SplashBash' aquatic adventure zone. Your kids will adore the bright and colourful water-play areas themed around SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick, and Squidward, plus a few jellyfish of course. And just try and keep the kids away from the spectacular nightly light show at the musical water fountain. Home to four restaurants and two bar areas, you'll never have to leave the comfort of the Resort. Dine on at the Shoreline Restaurant and experience an amazing new menu that features live interactive cooking, and enjoy delicious Japanese cuisine at Hatsuhana, all family friendly of course. Plus, spoil the kids with an evening in the Resort's newly upgraded Kids' Club with specially designed Nickelodeon activities and programs that they'll love. Sea World Resort is perfect for your family with direct monorail access to Sea World and family friendly service all with Gold Coast beaches and famous theme parks on your doorstep, not to mention free WIFI around the entire hotel and free in-room broadband. The Resort also offers a host of seasonal water sports, plus massage, beauty and a gym. What will you discover today at Sea World Resort, the heart of fun and adventure? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sea World Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea World Hotel Main Beach
- Nara Resort Sea World
- Sea World Main Beach
- Sea World Resort Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia