We've stayed there twice now , first in May and then in June 2013. My family of 3 loved the experience staying at sea world. My only regret was not booking the 2nights stay.
Checked in on Saturday afternoon. Checkin time was the usual 2-2.30 pm. No delays at all despite the hotel at its busiest week. We got room 3010 which didn't need us go up the lift or stairs as it was on the same level as reception. This was the park view room.
Following are my reviews on the resort based on different categories.
1. Room - very nice. It didn't look superb from the outside but the interior was clean, welcoming with all the basics you need. Almost spotless but not there yet. Equipped with all the basic amenities you'll need. Cool 37" tv ( i think it was). Didn't care much about the programs as you are only interested in the fun at the park and in the hotel. Our first visit it was sunny hence the room was just to sleep.
2. Bathroom - clean and everything was in working order.
3. Resort - perfectly nestled on the Spit. If you love fishing, anglers gather at the end of the spit to fish. Perfect spot. Take a drive up the spit if you can. Apart from this, the room we stayed was very close to most facilities such as the pool cafes etc. Also if you plan to enter the theme park the monorail station is just outside the gift shop. Very convenient if your choose the park view rooms.
4. Dining - twice we dined at the largest cafe , the shoreline cafe. Nice and large. Can sufficiently cater for 200 people i guess. Saturday was seafood night. Enjoyed ourselves to a sumptuous buffet sea food dinner. Got a special deal for $72 for 2. You will need booking before dining. Staff ushered us to our tables. Once seated the staff ensured we had drinks, need a baby chair etc. Also when dishes needed to be cleared, it was done proactively. Spent nearly 2hrs at the restaurant , it was great. On both occasions we went to the shoreline cafe, we'll try the Japanese restaurant the next time.
Breakfast starts early so the earlier you' re there the better to beat the queue.but i noticed staff had managed the dining hall well hall even when it was full house.
5. Car park - conveniently located, easy access for strollers. Only out door car parks thus if it rains remember your umbrella.
6. Garden view- nice landscaping , especially outside the cafe. Little pond surrounded by flowers makes you feel you are seated next to the ocean.
7. Pool - wished i had dipped in longer but the pool is heated during winter. Its a designer class pool with the Sponge Bob theme all over. Kids would love it. I had a 2yr old and he had a blast. If you are on a 1 night stay, get into the pool as soon as you check in especially if it's sunny. Thats why i stressed a minimum of 2 nights is recommended. Moreover at nights usually around 8pm theres this musical fountain at the Sponge bob kids pool. It comes to life with colourful lights and music from the spongebob cartoon. Its a fascination for all kids.
Would love to stay in one of those presidential rooms for breathtaking vies of the river or as they call it Broadwater views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take your family on a journey of discovery and adventure at the award-winning Sea World Resort. There's so much to explore including an aquatic adventure playground, cuddles with your favourite Nickelodeon characters including the awesome new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and a fun filled Kid's Club. Go on a behind the scenes sneak peek of a dolphin training session with Sea World Resort's exclusive Dolphin Discovery Presentation, free when you stay two nights or more. It's a wonderful experience the kids will never forget. Then join everyone's favourite sponge and his nautical friends in your own underwater adventure at the amazing 'SpongeBob SplashBash' aquatic adventure zone. Your kids will adore the bright and colourful water-play areas themed around SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick, and Squidward, plus a few jellyfish of course. And just try and keep the kids away from the spectacular nightly light show at the musical water fountain. Home to four restaurants and two bar areas, you'll never have to leave the comfort of the Resort. Dine on at the Shoreline Restaurant and experience an amazing new menu that features live interactive cooking, and enjoy delicious Japanese cuisine at Hatsuhana, all family friendly of course. Plus, spoil the kids with an evening in the Resort's newly upgraded Kids' Club with specially designed Nickelodeon activities and programs that they'll love. Sea World Resort is perfect for your family with direct monorail access to Sea World and family friendly service all with Gold Coast beaches and famous theme parks on your doorstep, not to mention free WIFI around the entire hotel and free in-room broadband. The Resort also offers a host of seasonal water sports, plus massage, beauty and a gym. What will you discover today at Sea World Resort, the heart of fun and adventure? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sea World Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea World Hotel Main Beach
- Nara Resort Sea World
- Sea World Main Beach
- Sea World Resort Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia