The exterior of the hotel looks pretty old, and as we were staying for $99 per night (for 4 people, wotif special) we were expecting to be given the older un-refurbished rooms. We were quite pleased with the nice new rooms- very clean and pretty, with the exception of the bathroom, which was a bit old and stuffy. It might be best to bring your own hairdryer as the ones provided are quite cheap and smelt a little funny. But the room itself exceeded our expectations- nice comfy beds, a huge mirror, TV etc. Very happy, especially considering we paid under $25 per person. The resort can get quite noisy, especially during the busier months- we stayed during a quieter period but were still awakened by the room next door.
The dolphin discovery included as part of the stay was short but interesting- not a show with amazing tricks but a something nice to watch in the mornings. Interestingly, they don't check whether you're actually staying there and just let everyone in. The pool is quite nice, and the abundance of cartoon characters near the pool make it great for kids, as well as a nice garden. There's also plenty of parking available which made it quite convenient for us.
Overall, we had a great time and would not hesitate to come back if the deal were available again (though at the normal prices there's probably better options on the Gold Coast).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take your family on a journey of discovery and adventure at the award-winning Sea World Resort. There's so much to explore including an aquatic adventure playground, cuddles with your favourite Nickelodeon characters including the awesome new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and a fun filled Kid's Club. Go on a behind the scenes sneak peek of a dolphin training session with Sea World Resort's exclusive Dolphin Discovery Presentation, free when you stay two nights or more. It's a wonderful experience the kids will never forget. Then join everyone's favourite sponge and his nautical friends in your own underwater adventure at the amazing 'SpongeBob SplashBash' aquatic adventure zone. Your kids will adore the bright and colourful water-play areas themed around SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick, and Squidward, plus a few jellyfish of course. And just try and keep the kids away from the spectacular nightly light show at the musical water fountain. Home to four restaurants and two bar areas, you'll never have to leave the comfort of the Resort. Dine on at the Shoreline Restaurant and experience an amazing new menu that features live interactive cooking, and enjoy delicious Japanese cuisine at Hatsuhana, all family friendly of course. Plus, spoil the kids with an evening in the Resort's newly upgraded Kids' Club with specially designed Nickelodeon activities and programs that they'll love. Sea World Resort is perfect for your family with direct monorail access to Sea World and family friendly service all with Gold Coast beaches and famous theme parks on your doorstep, not to mention free WIFI around the entire hotel and free in-room broadband. The Resort also offers a host of seasonal water sports, plus massage, beauty and a gym. What will you discover today at Sea World Resort, the heart of fun and adventure? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sea World Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea World Hotel Main Beach
- Nara Resort Sea World
- Sea World Main Beach
- Sea World Resort Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia