“Dont Bother”
Review of Sea World Resort

Sea World Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed in Deluxe View Room. Room was nicely renovated. View of water was great. However renovations of bathroom were non existent - eg. shower curtain, and old showerhead. Rest of resort was a bit tired. could hear people next door, above and below, not quite paper thin, but close. Could even enjoy the pleasure of smoke coming from other rooms. Lots of staff around, not sure what most of them were doing. Service was hit and miss. Cafe by pool closed, and despite three staff working at cafe up a flight of stairs they expected us to walk back to collect our food order. Very strange considering noone was in cafe upstairs. Rang to get bags collected and they told me we would have to walk to concierge to collect a tag - how bad is that for a hotel. This place could be a great place for a family to stay with young kids, but this place seems to rely on flying in busloads of package holiday makers. Every day we were there cookie monster was the only character that showed up. This was a bit disappointing for the kids, another sign of lack of effort.We will stay elsewhere in future - see peppers broadbeach, mantra broadbeach, chevron towers or mantra circle surfers paradise. They all provided a far better holiday experience with young children. Peppers is definitely the pick of them, as provides more of a hotel service. With the rates we got, we paid same to stay at both places so that is not a factor.

Room Tip: Upgrade to deluxe as resort rooms are very run down
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank paulandlisaplus3

Reviewed August 9, 2011

I've stayed at lots of Hotels in Australia and overseas. This Hotel lacks employees, as well as employees who can help. We were told the restaurants were open until 9:30 pm - arrived at 8:45 pm and went straight to restaurant to be told it was closed up. The telephone doesn't work reliably. The internet is ridiculously expensive (why doesn't Australia become part of the 21st century where free wifi is standard in a Hotel??)
This place does not seem to have many shining qualities that say come and stay here at all. It also costs over $60 to catch a taxi from the closest airport. Why would you come here??

Room Tip: visit somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank 2011Advice
Reviewed August 4, 2011

What a great time we had here. It was my 40th Birthday, so we decided to take the family to Sea World Nara Resort for three days, and because they had a special deal on for the VIP pass members, and what a fatastic deal it was.
When we arrived to our room there was a bottle of bubbly waiting, courtesy of the hotel, because my sons made me wear my "I am 40" badge all day, so when we checked in the girl behind the desk noticed it and wished me a 'Happy Birthday", so I'm guessing she organised that, as they wouldn't have known it was my Birthday otherwise.
The room was very clean and comfortable, which is a big tick in my book. The only very minor problem was I couldn't get a mobile phone signal in the room.
Anyway, the resort is lovely, we had the buffet Breakfast there every morning, which was just brilliant. I would advise you to get there early, we were always there around 7am, as the boys are always up early, and by the time we left at around 8-8.30am there would be quite a queue by the door, it may have been particularly busy though because of the special that was on.
We didn't actually have any other meals there, but it was always very busy and the food did look lovely.
We spent alot of the time by the Resort pool, as the boys just loved it there, especially the new Water Play area, that was brilliant, they had so much fun.
One of the mornings, because we were staying 2 nights, we had a special dolphin presentation in the park before it opened, and that was really special.
There is also another pool area within the Sea World park, which is free to the hotel guests and you can hire a little Bali Hut in there, which is great if you have little ones and want to spend the day there.
We have been to Sea World several times as we usually get the year pass, but staying at the Resort made it all the more special and I couldn't fault it at all, plus with it being my "Special" birthday and Mothers Day on that weekend, you couldn't have asked for more, can't wait to go again!

Room Tip: The room we were given was a ground floor room, right as you walk into the accommodation area, which...
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Our family of three stayed at Seaworld with another family for 3 nights. Taking into account that for around $250 per night, it included unlimited entry into the resort. We thought it was good value for money. The room was a newly renovated one with nice bright decor. Our 3 year old daughter loved Seaworld and you get bonus photos with Elmo and other characters every day and free entry to Paradise Country. The swimming area is great too.

1  Thank andysa8888
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We got a good deal through "wotif" $99 per night. I was not expecting much given the price but for the money it was good value and a very good location. The room was dated and very basic but of a couple of nights it was fine. It is a good place for families if your planning on visiting Seaworld. We would stay again at the price we paid but would not be prepared to pay the full rate.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was at this resort for 4 days for a professional meeting. Although I knew the resort by reputation and had been in the area many times, this was my first stay at Sea World Resort.

My overall impression is that the place is quite dated and caters to package tourists and others who are not travelling independently. There is a 'packaged' feel about the place with large busses of tourists dropped off at the door morning and evening, swarms of folks at the breakfast buffet in the morning and a general 'buy this, get that' sales push feel about the place.

I ate in the Japanese restaurant twice during my stay and had the breakfast buffet each day. The quality of the Japanese food was excellent, though it was rather pricey. The buffet was like many other hotel breakfasts: average quality, the usual foods. the dining room was quite noisy at breakfast...so I tried to get in early and get out before the rush. There are other dining options if you're prepared to walk 15 minutes down the road or get in the car.

The grounds were nice...and the resort if very spread out, so prepare yourself to walk a bit. If you have mobility issues, you may want to make special arrangements.

My room was normal, the bed a bit lumpy, but generally OK. There was very little light though and the lamps in the room didn't provide enough light to read by. The bathroom was nice and everything worked fine. There was a shortage of power points (sockets) for my computer and phone charger...I ended up unplugging the TV so that I could work. Not a deal-breaker for me, but for the price, I expected a bit more.

I used the fitness centre and it was good: dumbells, machines for weights, treadmills and a coule of other machines. Not bad!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I paid $99 a night for a resort room with 2 for 1 breakfast and dinner vouchers on "quick beds". This was all it was worth and I am glad I didnt pay any more and only stayed one night in May. The food was expensive ,even at half price, though it was of fantastic quality and variety and the staff were friendly and helpful. The resort was packed with screaming kids ,even in the off season and I woke up at night with a man screaming and yelling in another room, I felt cramped. We had a great room facing the pool but it was basic and small.
It was great to go to Seaworld and walk a short distance back to the room for the night and do it again the next day . I was checked in when I arrived at 10am which was an unexpected bonus, I was planning to store my luggage in their storage area until checkin.I had a 10 day shuttle bus pass and had them pick me up from Peppers Broadbeach in the morning with all our luggage and drop us at the front of the theme park and we then caught the internal monorail to the side enterance of the resort..easy and saved a transferr cost . I recommend to stay one night while you go to Seaworld 2 days and more on to a place with less expensive dinning options.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Main Beach
QT Gold Coast
#5 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
RACV Royal Pines Resort Gold Coast
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast

Been to Sea World Resort? Share your experiences!