“I'd definitely come back here” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast

Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
“I'd definitely come back here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I are on our first trip away with our first baby (10 month old) and this resort suited us perfectly!

The recent renovations had made what I believe would have been a fairly older resort, seem very brand new. I had mentioned that I felt like anything you could think of to make your stay in this resort convenient and comfortable, they had thought of it.

The entrance itself has its own 'wow factor' and I imagine coming here in summer or warmer seasons would be so much fun lazing and swimming by the pool, utilising the pool bar. A lagoon room would be my first choice but the standard room we had had plenty of room for the three of us (including a portacot and our pram most nights)

Unfortunately for most of our stay, half of the lagoons were empty due to refurbishment, but they were up and running the last day we were here, and there were plenty of signs apologising for this.

The resort is a 1 minute walk to the beach, with a great walking trail that goes directly past the resort.

The staff members were all friendly and the terraces restaurant buffets are great if you love seafood and don't mind the hustle of a buffet (get your elbows out ready)

Surfers is just a 2 minute drive before your right in the heart of surfers, but too be honest, I loved the peacefulness. Seaworld is a short walk away, as well as the marina across the road (the resort is connect directly via a bridge) which helps your shopping fix and has lots of different restaurant/cafes.

The only downfall for us, was the staff accidentally took our baby's towel when cleaning our room, which we had brought ourselves. I had kept it separate to the hotel towels, I can't blame them for being over diligent. It's just frustrating as it has probably ended up in another hotel due to the laundry services.

I really hope to come back here sometime again and would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting a relaxing holiday.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Mirage for your first trip away as a family, and for your first TripAdvisor review.

We are delighted you had such a lovely break for this special visit, and very much appreciate you sharing your thoughts and insights into our resort.

We’re sorry though for your baby’s towel being removed from your room in error. If you could reach out to my Assistant Sharon Hartridge with some more information, those additional detals would enable us to investigate further, and to hopefully track down the towel and return to you.

Many thanks again for the time and trouble you have taken to review your stay here at our beautiful beachfront resort.

With warm appreciation
Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We ended up being upgraded to a suite which was more room than we needed. The suites are very spacious. The location is on the northern end of the gold coast so if you want to be in a position where you spend time in the resort with great restaurants nearby then this is the resort for you. On the downside, its not in the middle of surfers paradise so you miss some of the noise.

The lagoon pool was out of action when we stayed, however it does look as though it would be fabulous when full.

The buffet breakfast are great, however expensive if you’re not going to gorge.

Good resort - we would go back

1 Thank scog1
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Senior Reviewer

I’m delighted we were able to upgrade you into suite accommodation for this family stay, and that your time here at our resort was so enjoyable.

Thank you for sharing your experience via this TripAdvisor review, and for planning to return!

Warmest wishes
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had two nights at Sheraton Mirage, Main Beach and it was superb on all counts. The service was impeccable. The staff members were incredibly hospitable and the welcome was warm and genuine. The staff are relaxed and friendly. The room was beautiful and we loved the spa. The hotel has direct beach access and the pool was great. Top marks! Great hotel, lots of lovely art work in the corridors. The room was huge and we adored the ocean view. It was a wonderful stay. Highly recommended.

Dear Libby

We really appreciate the time you have taken to review your Sheraton Mirage experience. Our team could receive no higher praise than to have their service described as you have done, and we are all so grateful for you choosing our resort for this special family time away, and for then sharing your impressions so publicly, and so positively.

Our team looks forward to your return!

Warmly
Irvine, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We have coming here for over 10 years. The location is very special, a great pool for the kids with the beach right there with no road in front which is tough to find on the gold coast. Right across the road is oiur favorite jeweller in the world - calleija.

Hi Holly

Thank you for returning and for posting such a lovely review of your family stay last month. And yes, we are so fortunate with our extra special location…and have to add (of course)…we are still the only 5 star accommodation on the Gold Coast with direct access to the beach!

Your long support of our beautiful resort is valued and appreciated, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you all back for another visit before too long.

With warm wishes
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Mirage is perched on the open ocean side of the Gold Coast’s Spit, with views of the ‘cities’ skyline together with open ocean views it is a thoroughly scenic experience!

Grounds are sprawling and the hotel is strewn all over the lush and richly landscape grounds. The resort architecture is unique & with a 'fantasy-island' feel that enhances the overall experience.

The beds are probably the best I've slept on. The turn down service is thoroughly one of the best and most attentive I've experienced. Also kudos to the housekeeping team for remembering all the small details. It’s impressive.

I dined at both Terraces and with in-room dining and both lived up to my expectations. The F&B team was attentive and the recommendations are excellent. A thoroughly great & pleasant experience.

I would recommend this resort for either a romantic weekend’s getaway or simply a place to escape the hustle & bustle of the urban life. It simply transports you to a place where you can pause your life on hold & soak in the beauty of mother-nature with a level of exceptional service which makes this experience unforgettable. I will be definitely be back for more.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Jay

Thank you! We all enjoyed and appreciated your wonderful review of your recent stay, and you sharing your experience via TripAdvisor.

A copy will be posted on our Associate Noticeboard, highlighting in particular the exceptional service extended by our Housekeeping Team, so they will know first-hand of your special comments.

We’re delighted you will return, and hope that is sometime soon.

Warmest regards
Mark

PS Love your profile picture which if we aren’t mistaken is the ocean and beach in front of the resort…..captured so perfectly on a glorious Gold Coast day.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I opted for the "Mystery hotel" at $150 on a hotel website after considering the Newish Hilton and QT hotels.I ended up with the Sheraton Mirage where I had stayed before - for this price you really can't complain so off we go.This place is massive and the parking and check in process takes around 15 minutes - staff efficient but not overly friendly.I get room 3012 which is roomy with 2 x double beds,a chaise,a big fridge jammed pack full of the good stuff - separate draw with spirits and a bottle of red - close to the best mini bar I have seen for some while - pity I am not drinking ! I head down to the gym/spa which I have been to before - Steam room still closed ? Come on management stop making excuses and fix this,the Sauna takes forever to heat and has a big gap under door so this does not work well.Showers have had all shampoo and soap dispensors removed - not a good sign ! the whole spa/gym/pool area is pretty sad - I remember when this place first opened and sort of shed a tear in memory of what it once was.

I checked out the Seafood buffet on way back from the gym - $55 and probably the most impressive buffet I have seen for some time - hence the place being full ! Fresh King Prawns,oysters,Crab,salmon etc - dam hard to pass up.Checking out the room service menu I almost had a coronary - and seriously contemplated getting dressed and hitting buffet - most main courses are in the $44- $46 range - I choose the avocado and egg white omelette - $26 plus a service fee of $8.5 applies to every room service delivery - PLEASE ! This near pushes me over the edge and before MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Mirage Resort & Spa replies with a yes ho hum approach I have to remind this place that really has no place charging $8.50 for the delivery of room service - Christopher Skase would be turning in his grave.

So I think once the refurb is completed and if you can get a reasonable price for a roo then yes stay here as It as been a very impressive hotel and could well be again given some TLC.

If the hotel has to charge for room service then best it be stoped - at very worst build it in to the cost of the meal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank roosterman2016
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Senior Contributor

Thank you for returning for another stay here at Sheraton Mirage, and for the time you took to review this visit. It was good to have you back, and we appreciate your insights and comments.

Our sincere apologies for your experience at The Golden Door. Your feedback is completely understood, and our resort owners are currently working with The Golden Door owners in an effort to bring about the necessary maintenance and improvements that are required for this facility.

Your thoughts on the delivery fee for In Room Dining orders are also appreciated. A delivery fee is not unique to Sheraton Mirage, and is in fact a common practice, varying from Hotel to Hotel, and dependant on factors such as hotel layout and the additional infrastructure required to provide this specialised service. The level of our delivery fee is in keeping with other Sheraton properties within Australia. Other 5 star Hotels on the Coast also levy a delivery fee, based on the factors already outlined.

Incorporating the fee into the price of the items has been considered, however this may put guests at a disadvantage if there are multiple dishes ordered. In that light we have chosen to be transparent with the additional costs required to deliver the items in order to enjoy dining in the privacy of a guest room. We respect your opinion, and are pleased to have had this opportunity to explain the delivery fee from the resort’s perspective.

Many thanks again for your past support, and your review. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next travelling our way.

Warm wishes
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I usually try to stay here at least once a year if not more for a quick getaway. It's convenience to the lovely food at Marina Mirage and Versace is what prompts me.The overall stay is good on the whole except for a couple minor issues. Had the usual fuss free, prompt check-in and room already available for an early check-in which was very welcome. Our request for adjoining rooms was accommodated which was really appreciated. However, it was slightly disappointing this time around where things had slipped just slightly? The main resort pool was looking a bit mouldy all around this time, this has never happened before. You can clearly see patches of clear tiles in some sections. I missed my swim this time around. The other minor comments is the dust in the room especially on the long bench/dressing table area. Perhaps these were indirectly cause by the construction activities. I hope this is just a one off. Otherwise, there really is very little to fault the Sheraton in terms of service, the breakfast buffet and general hotel ambience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank LinaLeeAL
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Senior Reviewer

Thank you for returning to stay with your friends last month. We were pleased to know that overall your stay was another enjoyable one.

We do apologise however for the issues you experienced with regards the dust in your room, and the Oasis Pool. Irrespective of maintenance and/or upgrade works, our goal is to maintain the highest possible level of cleanliness throughout the resort, and I am sorry for the lapse with your accommodation not having been fully dusted on this occasion.

The issue with the Oasis Pool was caused by a major plant breakdown which coincided with the heavy rains. Whilst the look of the pool and the water was affected, the water was tested three times a day to ensure it was safe for swimming. I completely understand your comments though, and regret you were unable to enjoy the pool this time round.

Your continuing support is very much appreciated, and our team looks forward to welcoming you back when you are next on the Coast.

With warmest regards
#2 of 21 in Broadbeach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,498 reviews
Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach
Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach

Been to Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast? Share your experiences!