Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast
Palazzo Versace(Main Beach)
$274
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Sea World Resort(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
$121
Maldives Resort(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
$167
$122
Priceline
  • Pool
Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$212
$146
Marriott Hotels
$265
$231
  • Restaurant
Rhapsody Resort(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$839
bedfinder
Alpha Sovereign Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
$87
$52
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Mantra Sun City(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$112
$97
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Paradise Resort Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
$171
$165
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,703 results
All reviewsoyster barswim up baracross the roadspa studioseafood buffetdirect beach accesspool areagold coastlagoon roomsurfers paradisemarina mirage shopping centresea worldmini barhigh teaan upgraderelaxing staypalazzo versace
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have stayed at various Sheraton a number of times and the Sheraton on the Gold CoAst will be my last. The experience has been the worst I have come across in what should have been a wonderful holiday with my daughter.
I paid up front for the stay via last mintue in full! I wanted to stay at a nice and safe place for my daughter choosing a popular 5 star location in a quiet location near theme parks. On arrival they duty manager Thomas MCIntyre told me even know I had paid my accomodation up front that They would not accept it because I didn't have $300 on my credit card to put on hold. I saved up to have a really nice special few days away withy daughter and assured I paid up front so I didn't have to worry. I tried to explain and told him how I had saved and paid in full for my room, I also said to keep my licence, and credit card details as my pay goes in the next day. He refused and said he can not refund me or check me in. I explained I had paid all my money to the booking and had just enough for my holiday and assured nothing would be charged to my room at all. He was very rude and In front of my 8 year old daughter who was in tears saying I just want to go home. He then went on to acuse me of having a fake credit card because my signature had warn off saying I have seen all this before and your story is not looking good and asking if it was a fake address In front of other guests and my daughter. I am totally humiliated and disappointed right at the start of what should have been a lovely weekend. Only for a lovely guest who left some cash on my behalf because he had heard the conversation, they would have thrown me out on the street at 6 pm even know I had paid my room in full up front with no refund. Then even know i had paid in full and had a cash deposit put on the room asked for my car keys as security. I am very sure no one else was asked for their keys when staying at the Sheraton.
Once my daughter and I got ourselves together in tears after being embarrised by the staff, we went up to our room and not before even being able to shut the door I had a man walk in an empty the entyre mini bar ( I had let them know I wouldn't use the mini bar). I was made to feel like a criminal, when I just wanted a relaxing and lovely weekend away with my daughter.
A place who prides on service and client satisfaction did not achieve either of those goals on this account.
The room was nice however the pools sourounding the whole place was drained and the heated pool is very cold definitely very minimal heating definately too cold for kids.

• Stayed: June 2013
16  Thank Travelstorie
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Recent Guest

We appreciate you staying with us, and the time you have taken to post on TripAdvisor.

We're all extremely sorry however for the consequences which resulted from you being unaware of the pre-authorisation process & credit policy on check in. I am puzzled you have not come across this during your other Sheraton stays, as it is standard for all international hotels, and was clearly outlined within your booking conditions & confirmation that is provided at the time of reservation.

Your comments regarding service and client satisfaction are well taken. Our resort culture is to warmly welcome and look after all guests, and we sincerely regret that this special stay for you and your daughter began as it did and for the upset this caused to you both.

I have shared your post with Tom who is a dedicated and most valued manager of four years' service here at Sheraton Mirage. He was quite shaken to read your comments.

Tom's recollection of events was in some regards different from yours, and he is concerned and most disappointed as is certain he tried his best to assist you, and quite genuinely felt he was respectful and empathetic in what was an extremely difficult situation for both parties.

We value and are grateful for your past support of Sheraton Hotels & Resorts, and do hope you will re-consider your decision regarding future stays. If we can assist going forward, please reach out to Charlie McArthur, our Rooms Division Manager, or myself, here at the resort.

warmly

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had 2 nights at the Sheraton Mirage and got a good deal thru wotif. Rooms are a good size with all the usual amenities, rooms could be cleaned to a higher standard as there was dust and mould in the bathrooms. Great to be able to walk across the road to dine at the Marina Mirage. Why is it in Australia you have to pay for WIFI while overseas it seems to be included in your stay? They have free parking which is great and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Lagoon is still being worked on but that wasn't a problem, but would love to see it when the work is completed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Tom & Cat

Thank you for staying with us here at Sheraton Mirage, and for sharing your experience via this post.

We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay, but do apologise for the issue you encountered in your room. Cleaniness is an absolute priority at our resort, and our Executive Housekeeper shares my concern and disappointment at this unacceptable lapse in our usual high standards.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you on a return visit when you are next on the beautiful Gold Coast.

Warmest wishes

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed for a week in a studio spa room, which was comfortable. No deck to sit out on and enjoy the views which is a bit disappointing. Grounds are beautiful, although the lagoons had all been drained for maintenance while we were there. Nice swimming pool and beautiful beach in front of the hotel. There is a great beachside walking path which we enjoyed each morning. Breakfast buffet was included for us and it was outstanding. Nice little shopping plaza with several restaurants located right across the street. And Surfer's Paradise is just a five-minute drive away. Only reason I don't give the hotel five stars is due to the maintenance that was going on at the time of our visit and the fact we didn't get the room upgrade we had requested using some Starwood certificates. Can't figure that one out as hotel did not seem to be full while we were there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brad Z
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Hi Brad

Thank you for taking the time to review your week long stay here at Sheraton Mirage. We’re delighted our resort provided such an enjoyable base and location for your time on the beautiful Gold Coast, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you both back on a return visit if you are travelling to Australia in the future.

For the moment….if you would like to make contact with my Assistant Sharon Hartridge here at the resort, we’d be pleased to look into your query regarding your requested room upgrade, and respond directly to you.

Warmly

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Have not personally stayed here although have been to the buffets and they are amazing!!! Absolutely massive and great service! Only down fall are the breaky pancakes; they cook them in bulk and they go crispy and cold!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Whymel7

Dear Senior Reviewer

We are delighted you enjoy our Terraces Buffets – such a popular feature of our resort since opening in 1987 – and appreciate also your feedback regarding the breakfast pancakes which is being shared with our Executive Chef Ewald and his team. Apologies for your experience in this regard.

Many thanks for taking the time to review your culinary visits here at Sheraton Mirage. Perhaps we will have the pleasure of welcoming you as an in house guest sometime in the future?

Warmest wishes

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here last weekend to finish off our stay in Brisbane. We arrived to friendly service, a beautiful lobby and a lovely spot on the beach. The lagoons are currently being upgraded so I could only imagine what they would look like completed but I imagine it would be stunning on a beautiful day. Pool was lovely and warm, kids had a great time swimming and eating icecream at the swim up bar. We had a small issue, the remote wasn't working for the tv, we called reception and within minutes someone was at the door with new batteries. Great service. Buffet dinner was beautiful, again great service. Bed was amazing!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Melanie S
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear Melanie

Thank you for reviewing your recent family stay. We are delighted you concluded your holiday in Australia with a weekend here at Sheraton Mirage, and that you especially enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bedding.

Your positive review on your experience is very much appreciated, and we hope to have the pleasure of being of service again when you are next travelling to the Gold Coast.

Warm wishes