My family of 4 have just returned from another stay at Sheraton Mirage. This is a particular favorite of ours, we love the location, and the general feeling exuded by this hotel. Yes it is 80's architecture, retro in the not too distant future? but that holiday feeling hits you from the moment you walk into the lobby.
The newly refurbished rooms are modern and comfortable, thumbs up to a hotel which offers plunger coffee in the complimentary hot drinks as well as green tea and earl grey. The staff are always helpful, and OMG they smile and acknowledge your existence when passing. It seems like a small thing, but there's nothing like being greeted by a friendly face and that goes from reception to concierge, cleaners, bar staff and those great guys who serve you by the pool.
Yes food and drink there is expensive, but if you have a problem with that go and explore the local eateries, from the Surf Life saving club down road to Marina Mirage and Fisherman's Cove to Peters Fresh fish and chips, all very short walking distance.
We have always found cleanliness excellant here, room requests dealt with, and the rooms are quiet i.e. we have never experienced noise transfer from adjoining rooms.
The pool is great, the kids love swimming up to the bar and placing orders, little amuses the innocent! We adults enjoy the waiter service of a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks from the friendly pool staff.
This is the only beach front hotel on the coast, walk out past the pool to pristine golden beach which has a Surf Life saver on patrol. There were jelly fish present just recently, so we gave our normal sea swim a miss. Lots of loungers and shaded areas at the pool made this a great spot to read and while away the day.
In terms of cost, we find it comparable with other hotels at this level across the world. Similar to similar we have stayed at in US, Fiji, Bali, Europe, and a lot cheaper than Dubai beach front resorts. We also like that it is only a few hrs from NZ.
We intend to return soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by sparkling lagoons and tropical gardens. The Gold Coast's only five star resort to offer an absolute beachfront location. SPG Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Mirage Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Mirage Hotel Main Beach
- Sheraton Main Beach
- Main Beach Sheraton
- Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast Main Beach, Australia