“You will need to ask.”

Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Firstly, let me say for the rate we paid, this stay was exceptional value. We stayed in a newly refurbished mirage king room which is big, with modern furnishings. Included each day was a buffet breakfast at Terraces, kids are charged $12.50 which is reasonable. By Australian standards, the breakfast is very good with a large selection of hot and cold foods, even a mango sorbet if u wish.

The weather was cold, but we were able to swim in the heated pool which was set to 29c, beautiful! Right in front of the resort is a fabulous beach, mainly used by guests of the hotel. The large amount of water surrounding the resort provides a relaxing atmosphere.

The one thing that stood out was that you had to ask for many of the things you would usually receive in a hotel. We had to ring reception for tooth brushes as there were none in our room, and to organize a daily newspaper to be delivered. I am sure I could have asked for a razor but didn't bother. You wouldn't know they serve complimentary cuppacino for breakfast unless by chance you ask (we saw other guests ordering, most hotels make it fairly obvious). Who knows what else you are entitled to..

A nice touch were the computers in reception, it was great to be able to print out some documents for free on the printer provided, I was willing to pay for printing.

Overall, this hotel is one I have longed to stay at, and we are very glad we did, it was a great experience. Look for last minute deals as our rate included breakfast and was a bargain, would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to post on your recent Sheraton Mirage experience. We enjoyed and appreciated your review and are delighted this family stay was such an enjoyable one.

Having a daily newspaper available on request only is a recent initiative of our Sheraton Hotels & Resorts Green Program. The availability of additional items for the room such as a razor and toothbrush are noted on our digital in room compendium, and as with a newspaper, are readily available and always gladly provided. We would like to note these preferences on your guest record so they are in place for future stays. If you could spare a moment to contact my Assistant here at resort, Sharon would be pleased to update your profile accordingly.

Looking forward to welcoming you and your family back when you are next taking a break on the beautiful Gold Coast.

With warm regards
Mark

Write a ReviewReviews (1,598)

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Ok, I did get to stay here for free for a work conference, and the sun was shining (February), but gee I had a great time. The rooms have been refurbished and they are really nice. The bed was also great and I had a good nights sleep. The pool/ pool bar/ and access to the beach really cannot be beaten! I didn't eat at the hotel, because you can walk across the road to other restaurants. I had my 3 year old daughter with me too and she had a fabulous time swimming in the pool. I'm hoping the conference will be here next year...

Room Tip: It can be a bit of a walk from your room to the pool. If you have small children you might try to g...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sunny1Queensland
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Contributor

We are delighted you and your family enjoyed your conference stay early in the year, and appreciate you taking the time to post on your experience. Hoping we will once again be chosen as the venue for your conference in 2013, or even perhaps seeing you back here at Sheraton Mirage before then?

Warm wishes

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed here for three nights recently and was relieved to find the long overdue 'refresh' was almost completed. Even though I think they could have spent more money on the overall decor - more befitting of its icon property status for the Gold Coast, the standard is at least now what you would expect of a five star Sheraton. Bed very comfortable, room service food excellent, and the staff were generally attentive, professional and punctual. We had given up on staying there in recent times, as the decor was so poor - so its great to be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sydneyacademic
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Senior Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to post on your most recent stay. We appreciate your comments and insights, and especially your decision to return after an absence of some time.

Looking forward to your next visit…..and our sincere thanks again for giving us another chance.

Warmly

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed here for just one night before a conference. I stayed in a "lagoon" room. The room was very clean & well laid out including a bendy arm for the TV, an iPod dock, and a large bath sized for two. The checkin staff were courteous and friendly. The hotel and location is stunning, with fountains, pools, and being right on the beach. The water in the hotel pool was quite warm even for winter.
When my companion and I arrived we were given directions to our room but we must have misheard and ended up in the restaurant. We asked a restaurant staff member for directions and he pointed us towards what turned out to be the back of the restaurant and a dead end. So we were walking through the restaurant with our bags in tow. Maybe his English was not so good.
I left my luggage with the hotel for the day that I was in the conference and when I came back to the desk to retrieve it there was quite a wait, in spite of the friendly reception staff member making a couple of calls to chase it. Eventually I noticed that my luggage was sitting outside in the hotel driveway and the porters were just standing around and not brining it it. I went outside to retrieve it myself.
I accidentally left something in my room and I asked at reception and left my details but apparently it was not found as I never heard anything.
In spite of the service lapses I would still consider staying here again because the hotel, rooms, layout and environs is so nice.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Dear Senior TA Contributor

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Mirage on the evening prior to your conference. We appreciate your support in choosing our resort as your preferred accommodation for this pre-conference stay, and your post on your experience which we were pleased to note was mostly a positive one. I’m sorry though for the challenges you encountered in trying to reach your room, and for the situation with your luggage which seems to have occurred due to our communications with conference guests not being completely clear. I could well understand your post heading when reading of these service issues and apologise as these are unacceptable lapses which are being followed up by our departmental managers.

Likewise with no contact being made regarding your left property. If you could spare a moment to call my Assistant, Sharon Hartridge, on 07 5591 0873, to provide her with details of the item left behind we would be pleased to follow up with our Housekeeping team and call you straight back.

Many thanks again for your post. We hope to have the pleasure of of welcoming you back when you are next travelling our way.

Warmly

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My niece chose this venue and was able to have a discount rate for her relatives which included breakfast and a group discount of about 30% off the normal rate. I loved the hotel, the rooms, the staff, the venue the food and the breakfast.

Highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DRMB

Dear Top Contributor,

We really enjoyed your very positive post and photos of your family stay here at Sheraton Mirage for your niece’s Wedding. These are such special times and we are honoured when couples choose to celebrate such a memorable occasion at our resort with their family and friends.

It was wonderful to know you so enjoyed your time here, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next planning a visit to the Gold Coast.

Warm regards

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here on frequent flyer points, but we were still treated like welcome paying guests. The grounds are lovely and we were fortunate with the weather. We found the staff helpful and welcoming. It is true that the driveway was closed, but there was no problem parking underground. Yes the elevator was out of service on two occasions, but on both of these staff took us up through the service lift. We had booked two rooms and late in the evening we found that the climate control was out of service, in one of them. The fault could not be corrected that evening, so my two daughters were upgraded to an ajoining room without any fuss. Unfortunately it transpired that the television was out of order in that room, but after two service calls the next day it was finally fixed. I must say that we found the staff friendly and pleasant at each contact. And my girls, all of them, enjoyed visiting with the resident Sheraton swan from the room's terrace.

I would agree with the previous reviewer, that the daily charge for movies is too steep, and we did not order these. The girls would have loved to have enjoyed a drink or a snack from the poolside bar employing the stools in the pool, but again, it was not worth the price. We did think that the seafood buffet was reasonable, although best to stick to seafood as the desserts were more for show than taste.

Finally check-out was easy. We paid cash in order to avoid the credit card surcharge, and I had to question the charge for valet parking that we had not used. But again. nothing was too much trouble for the reception staff, and everyone was most courteous to us throughout the stay. Special thanks to Oliver, who helped with our bags even though the lift was out of service, and was exceptionally friendly with his greetings whenever he met us in the resort.

Room Tip: First floor south building rooms 1057 and 1059, and presumably 1061 back onto water feature across f...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Senior Reviewer

We appreciate you taking the time to post a detailed review for your stay here at Sheraton Mirage. It was great to read you and your daughters had a lovely break, and especially to know you enjoyed the warm and friendly service of our team, and in particular Oliver, who has been recognised for his wonderful service to you.

Looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back when you are next heading our way.

Warm wishes

Reviewed July 4, 2012

my husband and I got married at the beach near the hotel, we went afterwards to have lunch at the Sheraton restaurant and had a beautiful buffet lunch with an extensive options of meals from salads, pasta to amazing seafood. the scenery there is just amazing, the infinity pool with the ocean on the background is breathtaking.
we stayed the night there as well in a beautiful room with a king bed and spa. we had dinner there as well and breakfast. the buffet breakfast was amaaazing!!!!!
the only let down i would say was the service, I was expecting a better customer service since this hotel is rated a 5 star.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear Gabi and Phil

Thank you for posting last month on your experience here at Sheraton Mirage for your Wedding in August 2011. We are honoured you chose to not only stay with us, but also hold your Wedding Lunch in Terraces, and we are delighted you so enjoyed your stay and your Lunch.

Please accept our apologies though for you not experiencing our usual high level of service. It was very disappointing to read your comments in this regard, and unacceptable for service to be anything less than 5 star here at our resort.

The support of Gold Coast residents such as yourselves is very much appreciated and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

With warm regards

QT Gold Coast
QT Gold Coast
#5 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Meriton Suites Broadbeach

Been to Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast? Share your experiences!