2,308 results
All reviews high tea il barocco le jardin superior suite lagoon suite oil burner vanitas restaurant the gold coast beautiful hotel turn down service special occasion pool area spa bath buffet breakfast pool staff little things marina mirage
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the garden view suite which you over look back of someone else car park and back kitchen building. Room was nice but didn’t feel the value for it. Service was so so too every time you need to speak to the reception at the lobby there’s no a probable waiting system, someone else is always jumped in before you and the staffs don’t seem to care.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Yu chun M
Hari_Varier, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Dear Yu chun M,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the time you've spared to share your Palazzo Versace experience with us and of course the TripAdvisor community, feedback whether positive or constructive is key to us as a hospitality business as it allows us to move forward and develop to further satisfy our guests needs.
I would like to apologise for the lack of service you received from the reception team and please know your feedback will be used as a training tool to prevent further incidences of this nature.
We do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future to try one of our fabulous lagoon view suites that over look the interior lagoon and the Broadwater.

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

Called in and was helped politely for 2 nights stay extending our time out here for our 27th anniversary, we did have 4 good days at star in a suite but decided for a change to Versace ! Arrived at midnight having enjoyed a good night at star with friends . We went straight to bed , awoken at 3 in the morning in the lagoon room area with other guests taking chairs from our Verandah we were so tired we tried to ignore the neighbouring noise for an hour or so, air conditioning was running but not delivering any cool air luckily it’s not summer yet , so we slept uncovered to stay cool and didn’t want to open our sliding doors so as to not have a conflict with noisy guests next door carrying on after 3 am ,got up in the morning to have a coffee on the Verandah only to find it hasn’t been cleaned for weeks, photo will show the reasoning with bird droppings on table and one chair kindly left for us ! Abandoned that thought and went to breakfast, the food was just fine no complaints we went out and came back hoping the Verandah is clean , it was left exactly the way we left it dirty one chair and unattractive ( so much for a lagoon upgrade). Missing curtain from bath room entry gives no privacy to bath tub or wc or shower , even for couples sometimes privacy is a must in bathrooms ! I volunteered to leave my wife and go out a little to marina mirage . We also could only recognise the lovely loyal porter gents at the front doors from 15 years ago as being the only good memory of Versace, most other staff seemed unhappy and rightly so ! we fault the owners and their management team for their lack of vision and commitment to keep this iconic brand to the standards we knew from day one of opening . Need I say more !!! Left via express checkout as there were no available staff there to stay goodbye and see you again !!!

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
4  Thank abbbbbcccc

Dear Abbbbbcccc,

Thank you for the time you've spared to share your Palazzo Versace experience with us. I am extremely saddened after reading your review of your recent stay, here at the Palazzo Versace we strive for flawless experiences and happy guests and it seems that you were far from both of these. We must take ownership of your complaints and learn from them as we move forward however please know that your experiences are far (very far) from the standards we set ourselves..
I would greatly appreciate it if you could email me at Philip.patino@palazzoversace.com.au so that I can apologize personally and perhaps dive further into the details of your feedback.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

We arrived at 1:30pm with a check in time of 3:00pm, our room wasn't ready until 4:30pm. It was extremely busy with only 2 girls at reception it took forever to even speak to someone, were were offered cards to access the pool and gym but weren't able to access our luggage to change to use these facilities. We had lunch in the restaurant while we were waiting, we were placed in a corner away from the main dining area when the main dining area was mostly empty. We waited at least 40 minutes for our main meals. When our room was finally ready, we were offered free drinks, we just wanted to get to our room! When we did have our drinks we waited at least 30 minutes for them. The place is run down, the deck chairs are old and dirty.
Staff kept telling us how busy they were, they were very friendly but you could tell they were under pressure. We went for dinner at the buffet restaurant and received a drink menu but no one came back to take our drink order the entire evening.We tried booking the night before at the buffet and were told it was fully booked out, but then went downstairs that evening and there was hardly anyone in the buffet. We did a lot of waiting at the bar, at the restaurants and at reception. It just seems we waited there for something for most of our holiday.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled with family
4  Thank Isa1892

Dear Isa1892,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of Palazzo Versace.
I am extremely disappointed to learn of your recent experience. I can assure you your feedback in this regard is very valuable and immediate action will be taken to rectify these shortcomings with the specific departments you mentioned in your review. These are definitely not in line with our service standards or what our guest expects of a luxury hotel such as Palazzo Versace.
I greatly appreciate all guest feedback as it affords us an opportunity to improve all aspects of our hotel and provide feedback to our team.
I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Palazzo Versace in the near future to rectify the disappointing you service you received on your most recent stay.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

My husband, daughter and myself stayed here for 5 nights, and to say we were disappointed would be an understatement. The hotel is run down and dirty. There clearly appears to be management issues and staff that are not trained to deliver the 5 star service that the hotel is renowned for.
Housekeeping only attended our room when we asked reception. Each day when we left the room the light was switched to indicate the room was vacant. I spoke with reception and they sent someone up, the cleaner arrived at our door holding a toilet brush and asking "do you want your room cleaned". Dirty teacups were left in our room for days and clean towels and extra bedding (for the sofa to be made up for my daughter) had to be requested.
The night time turn down service was practically non existent.
It appears that the hotel is experiencing some difficult times at the moment, and hopefully these can be rectified, as previous stays be myself have been exceptional. Perhaps knowing how good the service and quality can be made this stay even worse.

Room Tip: Ask for room with pool view
  • Stayed: October 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Cilla7214
Hari_Varier, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Dear Cilla7214,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor of Palazzo Versace and for bringing to our attention the service challenges you experienced.
Feedback whether positive or constructive is key to us as a hospitality business as it allows us to move forward and develop to further satisfy our guests needs.
The issues mentioned in your review have been passed on to the housekeeping team who I know have already started to address the shortcomings that you experienced on your stay. The comments above are certainly not the standards we set ourselves at the hotel and will be used as training tools to further improve our guests experiences at the Palazzo Versace.
We hope we can welcome you back in the near future to provide you once again with that exceptional service you have come to know from us.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

My mum and dad saved a whole year to stay for my mums birthday for a weekend. This is review is from my mother.
“We got there all excited waited 2 hours before we got in the room. Check in was at 3 pm we got there at 3 had to wait, we didn’t mind we went to have some lunch at the restaurant in the hotel. We waited an hour and 40 Minutes for our food. When we finally got in our room there were no pillows on the bed, the pillows were on the floor. There were no covers no hand towels. The next day there was trouble with our tv. It took forever to fix. At the bar at night to get a drink we waited forever just to get served. Dinner was nice but service was very disappointing. We found the place very run down I wouldn’t stay there again. Staff were lovely but under a lot of pressure, they kept apologising to us and letting us no staff have been cut down. Not good enough Versace as there were many other people were complaining on that same weekend.”

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Angela P

Dear Angela P,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of Palazzo Versace.
I am very disappointed to learn of our service failures and the problems your parents encountered during their stay. These are definitely not in line with our service standards or what our guest expects of a luxury hotel such as Palazzo Versace.
I have shared their feedback with our food and beverage team and Housekeeping team who were very disappointed to find out that your parent's experience fell far short of their expectations, and have address the check-in issues with my team, please pass on our sincere apologies.
If you or your parents ever find yourselves in the area again please feel free to email me (Philip.patino@palazzoversace.com.au) as I would love to touch base with you personally in regards to your feedback.