“Can't wait to book again”
Review of Palazzo Versace

Palazzo Versace
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Sydney
“Can't wait to book again”
Reviewed September 7, 2006

My partner and I stayed here for one night in May 2006. We thought the Hotel was wonderful and had an excellent time. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who went out of their way to help us. Upon check in we were upgraded and personally showed to our room. Breakfast was fantastic, pool area was very clean and relaxing. I am sure we will be booking this hotel again in the future.

• Liked — The service
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
6 Thank morty5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
australia
Reviewed August 31, 2006

I booked a 3 bedroom condominium with a roof spa for one night. On arrival I found the spa, which was the key reason for choosing that particular room, not working and so called for assistance. I wasn't sure if I had done something wrong as the instructions for the spa, in the manual, found on the bench in the kitchen did not resemble the actual control panel of the spa itself. Maintenance found the problem immediately and tried to fix it ,but after going back and forth to the work shop a couple of times found he didn't have the required parts and could only do a repair on a temporary basis.(very temporary as it turned out because another visit was required later in the evening)

Then I found the refrigerator was not cold and would not make ice. The same maintenance guy showed up and made 2 more visits before deciding he would just bring me ice. In all I had roughly 4-5 visits in the first 3 hours of my stay. I had chosen Versace for some R+R, not to meet the engineering staff so I decided to take a nap to distract from this inconvenience and was woken very shortly after by housekeeping staff who had let themselves into the suite and were outside my bedroom door yelling "hello anyone home!" and banging on the door, in what turned out to be an overzealous effort to put chocolate on my pillow. I was furious at being woken but still fairly stunned by the intrusion and could only manage to politely ask them to leave. Then I decided to have a shower and calm down as I had an important event to attend that evening. The shower in the main bedroom though had a mind of its own and in cycles of roughly 2-3 minutes would run normally and then send a brief burst of scalding water through before returning to the previously selected temperature. This was very annoying and quite possibly dangerous if it got any worse. I advised management of these and numerous other minor service problems in a letter of complaint recently and the response I got firstly from an assistant manager and then Sandra Tikal, the General Manager not only contained no apology but actually accused me of lying about some or all of my concerns. I am not exactly sure which issues precisely she is referring to though, as her response was so vague in that regard, as to be pointless. I also advised Sandra that I had read an interview with her where she had stated that complaints from customers, if correctly handled, are a potential opportunity to turn around an unhappy guest and thus retain their business. I feel she is entirely correct in that belief, but would suggest that calling a guest a liar is perhaps not the best method to achieve that outcome.

• Disliked — service, complaint handling
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
39 Thank isthespahot
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 12, 2006

Although the hotel is far from the airport, from Surfers Paradise, and from the theme parks, the hotel makes up for this in many ways. It is an absolutely gorgeous property with staff that have a strong attention to detail and service. The rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable with huge king sized pillows. The luxurious marble bathrooms are amazing and include a spa tub and separate shower. The delicious breakfast buffet in Cafe Mix includes a huge variety of items and the staff is very attentive. The pool area is beyond beautiful. Across the street, is a very attractive public beach. This is a lovely, wonderful, sophisticated place to stay.

• Stayed May 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 28, 2006

i stayed at the versace for 1 week and thought it is a little over rated and over priced. Service was fantastic and the breakfast and buffet dinner was by no means flawless, however the rooms are a little over done, the views from our SUITE was the busy, noisy, sea world drive. The chocolates every morning on the bed where a nice treat and the versace soaps and shampoos were wonderful. expected more from the indoor pool and the outdoor pool could have been better for a 6 star resort. overall $3000 later, it was no big deal, could of bought a versace dress and bragged about that more.

• Stayed October 2003
16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sydney
Reviewed February 15, 2006

This place was an absolute dream from start to finish. We stayed here for 2 nights after spending 5 nights in Surfers Paradise. It was the PERFECT way to end the holiday and indulge.

From the moment the porters came rushing outside to take our luggage and hold the doors open for us to walk into their opulent foyer, to the moment we left, they looked after us like we were the only 2 people in the entire hotel.

Check In
Room was not early as we were 3 hrs before the normal check in however they took our names and called the cleaners to prioritise our room. We were given a tour of the hotel and within 60 mins, the room was ready.

Room
Absolute luxuary. We had the Superior Suite with a lovely lounge, dining separated from a large bedroom with MASSIVE bed (We have a King at home, this muct have been bigger!) and stunning bathroom. The Spa was large, deep and definately relaxing. The marble vanity was a lovely touch.

The furniture is extremely classy - we felt like we were in a palace (and yes, we do have lovely furniture at home, this was just better!).

OK so the mini bar is ridiculously expensive and we had a tiny, tiny balcony, but who cares?! We spent the entire day in the spa/pool and the nights feasting in their restauramts or relaxing in the comfy lounge room.

Oh, the little extras are also great. Chocolates on a pillow every day, 2 times daily room cleaning/turndown service (I mean seriously - they close the curtains for you at night - are we THAT lazy!!), nice one page letter of things to do the next day and the expected weather forecast.

FACILITIES
The pool area is just fantastic. Many deck chairs surround the pool so there's always space. Covered or sun blessed, its your choice for the entire day. I moved every 2 hrs from chair to chair to get the best sun spot whilst my missus relaxed under a massive palm tree.

Water and lemon served by pool guys was a great touch and pool bar service was great.

Gym was fantastic - used it once, but why? Im not sure! There's no need when you're on hoidays. Indoor Pool and Spa were great too.

FOOD
Oh my God, the buffet was sublime. We dont usually eat at Buffet's due to their reputation but this was better than a 10 course degustation meal! For $70 pp, we gorged ourselves (in a civilised way!) from Bugs, Lobster, Oysters, Mussels, Calamari, Squid, Salads, Cheeses, Pork, Lamb, Roasts, and everything else you can imagine. There was an entire buffet of deserts too - at least 30 different types - it was just fantastic, quality food and lots of it.

We ate at the Marina next door the night before at Omoros Bros which is famous for Seafood with lots of celebs. For $250, we had great fresh seafood and wine etc, but for less than half the prize, the Versace Buffet had everything and more at the same great quality. Oh my god - the Kilpatrick Oysters - I cant stop thinking about the food. OK, enough already!

SERVICE
As you would expect, 6 star service. We were greeted ALL THE TIME and looked after very well.

I would definately include this hotel in your travel plans, even if its for 2 nights.

If there was one minor complaint I would make, it was the large amount of children that made a lot of noise in the pool LATE in the afternoon. After a day with their families, the'd come back and attack the pool!! However, this had nothing to do with the hotel and anyway, they're just kids - who cares! But truth be told, they were kinda loud sometimes!

Ok, thats all.

Peppers Broadbeach
Peppers Broadbeach
#2 of 21 in Broadbeach
Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach

Been to Palazzo Versace? Share your experiences!