My wife and I made a last minute descion to travel to the Gold Coast for the Jan long weekend.
Looking at possible hotels it was a real throw back to the 80's when I used to travel there with my parents. Quite frankly, the Gold Coast looks dated and tired.
But the airfares were reasonable and we decided to give the Palazzo a go. We are glad we did.
The service from arrival to leaving was great. Didn't feel a hint of stuffiness as some suggest. We may have been lucky, but this was consistent throughout our stay.
We had a Broadwater suite and while having to crane the neck to see the broadwater from level 2 we were on, the room was simply fantastic. I'm not a fan of gltizy Versace style but my pre ideas about it proved wrong. Tasteful furnishings and decor throughout except the couch which doubled as a sofa bed that was useless to sit on as you sunk though and quite frankly felt a bit cheap.
WE ate at both Vie and the main breakfast area for dinner and we enjoyed both. We thought it wsa excellent value. About $200 - $250 for two with wine.
Breakfast was excellent in comparison to other hotels around the world in our view. The fruit just tastes better in Qld.
Just one thing we should be told but were not, on Sundays it is a gold coast thing to eat at Palazzo - we ate early to avoid the rush!
We enjoyed a turn down service each night.
You get what you pay for, it's not the cheapest (probably the dearest!) but if you want a special treat away from touristy GC, the Palazzo is a winner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Gold Coast Broadwater, Palazzo Versace Gold Coast is ‘a destination within a destination’. A waterfront setting, spectacular architecture, Italian furnishings, extraordinary service and an ambience of pure glamour. Palazzo Versace is everything you would expect from the world’s first fully fashion-branded hotel; home to three award winning restaurants, famed day spa, Fitness & Wellbeing Centre, private marina, Versace Boutique and access to Australia’s first Water Salon poolside cabana experience. Housing 200 light-filled rooms in timeless craftsmanship accessorised by Bespoke Versace furnishing and a ‘Juliet’ balcony inviting the Gold Coast sunshine and azure skies to pour in. With a glorious sub-tropical climate; cosmopolitan approach to life; and the beauty of a Renaissance palace, Palazzo Versace creates the perfect holiday and the ultimate escapism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palazzo Versace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Versace Main Beach
- Palazzo Versace Hotel Main Beach
- Hotel Versace
- Palazzo Versace Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia