First of all let me start by saying I once rated the Versace as my number 1 hotel out of all hotels I've stayed in the world. After last week it quickly changed.
From check in - I was advised that it would cost me $30 for valet, I thought it was a bit expensive so did it myself, I can live with that. I asked to leave my car out the front for a couple of minutes while I check in, the guy gave me some attitude and advised how busy they can be, I had 2 young children with me and I wanted to get them into the room ASAP. So he agreed to let me leave the car ( for a couple of minutes )
A brief summary - Our microwave and port a cot weren't in the room when we checked in, we had no power in our room, our rooms didn't get made up until after 4pm the next day, I had been wearing a singlet the entire time as its hot and most of my time was spent by the pool, on my third day I was refused breakfast as I was wearing a singlet, it hadn't been an issue for the first 2 days but the lady on a power trip felt the need to be quiet rude to me. I should mention we were the only people at breakfast as it was 6:30 am. I left and went to McDonalds. I understand a dress code but tell me politetly on check in not on my last day in front of my family.
The breakfast was average at best, the delivery of food if it wasn't forgotten in the first place took over 45 minutes. On checkin out I asked the bell boy to help me with my bags, he did so although made me feel bad about it, he pushed the trolley to my car and put all my bags on the ground and walked back to the hotel leaving me to pack the car myself.
Versace has 5 star prices with 2 star service, the staff treat customers like they are inferior. I've been staying at Versace for a few years, my family stay there and some friends stay, I will not return and I've advised friends and family not to waste the money.
Dont waste your money, the rooms are dated and small, the service has dropped significantly. The Versace is no longer the superior hotel of choice, stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Gold Coast Broadwater, Palazzo Versace Gold Coast is ‘a destination within a destination’. A waterfront setting, spectacular architecture, Italian furnishings, extraordinary service and an ambience of pure glamour. Palazzo Versace is everything you would expect from the world’s first fully fashion-branded hotel; home to three award winning restaurants, famed day spa, Fitness & Wellbeing Centre, private marina, Versace Boutique and access to Australia’s first Water Salon poolside cabana experience. Housing 200 light-filled rooms in timeless craftsmanship accessorised by Bespoke Versace furnishing and a ‘Juliet’ balcony inviting the Gold Coast sunshine and azure skies to pour in. With a glorious sub-tropical climate; cosmopolitan approach to life; and the beauty of a Renaissance palace, Palazzo Versace creates the perfect holiday and the ultimate escapism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Palazzo Versace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Versace Main Beach
- Palazzo Versace Hotel Main Beach
- Hotel Versace
- Palazzo Versace Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia