This is a truly pathetic excuse for a luxury hotel! Upon our arrival we were ignored for more than 20 minutes despite the fact that there was only one other person checking in at the time and plenty of staff standing around doing nothing- you would think one of them could have at least acknowledged us whilst we were waiting for the one and only staff person serving at the reception desk.
When we finally checked in- my fiance and I were taken to our room only to discover that our request for a king bed was ignored. They took us to a room with two small beds- what a joke! Seeing as though the hotel staff did not have the initiative to question this when she could clearly see that we were a couple...we had to ask to be moved to a more suitable room.
The hotel has a valet service. However later in the afternoon when we had to get some items out of our car, they clearly couldn't find our car keys as we were left sitting in the reception area for close to half an hour- we thought may be they had forgotten about us?
Overall- the food was average, the room was ok and the service was poor & unprofessional and I would never go back there again. We have stayed at far better hotels that were less expensive. Perhaps some people just get caught up in the whole 'Versace' hype. But at the end of the day, this hotel should not rely on a brand name to market themselves as a world class leading hotel, because it certainly is not. It is all a facade and I would consider the hotel to be rather tacky and an embarrassment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Gold Coast Broadwater, Palazzo Versace Gold Coast is ‘a destination within a destination’. A waterfront setting, spectacular architecture, Italian furnishings, extraordinary service and an ambience of pure glamour. Palazzo Versace is everything you would expect from the world’s first fully fashion-branded hotel; home to three award winning restaurants, famed day spa, Fitness & Wellbeing Centre, private marina, Versace Boutique and access to Australia’s first Water Salon poolside cabana experience. Housing 200 light-filled rooms in timeless craftsmanship accessorised by Bespoke Versace furnishing and a ‘Juliet’ balcony inviting the Gold Coast sunshine and azure skies to pour in. With a glorious sub-tropical climate; cosmopolitan approach to life; and the beauty of a Renaissance palace, Palazzo Versace creates the perfect holiday and the ultimate escapism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Palazzo Versace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Versace Main Beach
- Palazzo Versace Hotel Main Beach
- Hotel Versace
- Palazzo Versace Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia