“awesome week”
Review of Palazzo Versace

Palazzo Versace
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My partner and i stayed for our fifth time at palazzo versace, this stay was for 4 nights. This was to celebrate her birthday and also for us to spend quality time together after i have returned from overseas from a month long business trip. As normal with palazzo versace service was second to none...

There was a happy birthday message to my partner when we arrived to the room which was a nice touch, also a thank you gift for our repeat business, which was great and does make you feel appreciated by the hotel. They also provided us with a free upgrade due to our repeat business over the past 3 yrs. And these touches will ensure we will return... as its a beautiful hotel with beautiful service and always feels special when you stay, its well worth the extra!!

Also on this trip away, on melbourne cup day, we took advantage of their Audi TT and hired it for the day. The car is a little sport car and was great for a day trip down to kingscliff and byron bay. Well worth the fee (which i feel is a bargin for this type of vehicle) and was hassle free. Also the front desk allowed us to look at a condo on request, as we are thinking of booking 1 next year for something special, again this was no hassle and we where walked through and explained all the features of the condo. It was stunning... so next stay we will be considering the condo for sure.

Overall, palazzo versace again did not disappoint, was well worth it and probably improved with the extra touches of this stay, thanks again palazzo versace staff and management for a beautiful stay, we will be back.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I went to Palazzo Versace for a 'girlie' weekend with my good girlfriend. Our intention was to have 48hrs of decadence, spa treatments and relaxing! And Palazzo Versace delivered.

The atmosphere of the hotel is nothing short of just wonderful. I really thought there would be more 'poshness', but we were so pleasantly surprised. There is such a plethora of people staying there; families, couples, young people and older people. The mix and energy was fantastic. I can't wait to go back there.

Our room was simple and neat and tidy. The bed was the best I've slept in for ages and their pillows are the best ever! You will know what I mean when you stay there!

We had cocktails in the afternoon at the bar then dinner that night at the restaurant. We had no reason to leave the complex, everything you could possibly need is there. The pool area is spacious and the Salon Spa was great.

I would come back here without hesitation. You really don't need to leave the hotel; being here you can lap up the atmosphere and just 'be'.

Room Tip: Anything above road level is always my choice. We were on the 4th floor and had no traffic noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I've been and stayed here over valentines day with my husband 3 years ago and returned with both our little children in September this year. Both times I've had amazing experiences that have left us wanting to go back again as soon as possible. Every little detail is perfect and let's not forget everything is Versace too! So what's there not to love about this place! The staff were all friendly and catered to all our needs, and the restaurants they offer we're superb. If your days here mainly will involve, sun tanning or relaxing by the pool, nice restaurants and nice shops next door, beach access, luxury and day spa then this is a place you will not regret!

Stayed: September 2013
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear DanniiElla

Thank you for your wonderful review and for sharing it on Tripadvisor with us.

I am delighted to hear that all aspects of your stay were fantastic!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Palazzo Versace soon.

Guest Relations

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The husband book a superior suite for my birthday and we made the best use of it. The service at the concierge was good & attentive, compared to those in the restaurants which were average. There was a little hiccup when my cake wasn't served the moment we arrived at our room (as requested by the husband). Anyhow, I love the thought of perfume miniature & a birthday card left on the table with my name and personally signed off by the manager. While we were out to chill out at our water cabana, the staffs came by with my cake, lited our aromatherapy burner for us along and left a card with the weather forecast for the next day which I thought was a sweet gesture. They had good selection of buffet spread for breakfast too! Had a good stay all in all, a luxe hotel yet close to the heart, a wonderful experience.

Take note that the water cabana is complimentary from late afternoon onwards. Try to make time and reserve one in the morning instead.

1  Thank beckyliss
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I booked to stay for my partners birthday, for one night. Although we live on the Gold coast we thought it would be nice to get away from home and treat ourselves to what we thought would be a great and luxurois experiance.

We had gone down to the pool and had asked the pool staff for some drinks, after waiting 1/2hr i finally went over to ask where they were to be told "we are very busy" and still did not recieve a follow up with drinks. In the end we went back upto the room and ordered a drink to our room.

We went down for dinner, buffet was nice but service was horrible. Really made to feel that staff were to good, and just a bad atmosphere.

We would have been better walking over to the restaurant Glass for a better service.

Overall, we left feeling almost cheated of the "Versace" experiance, especially as it was my partners birthday.

Would have been better to stay at home.

Room was nice and pool is great, shame about the food and service :-(

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Goldcoaster151
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Goldcoaster151

We are always grateful for the gift of feedback, but it is extremely concerning and disappointing to learn when our guests have not had an enjoyable experience at our hotel. Sincere apologies from us all for our failure to provide you with a stay you had anticipated.

I would very much like to follow up on your claims and address the issues accordingly, but in order to do so I do require more information regarding your recent dining experiences.

I did send an initial email to gather further information, however if you have not received this may I ask that you contact me on 075509 8000 at your earliest convenience.

I await your response.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I spent three days at Palazzo Versace for a quiet getaway. I throughly enjoyed the ambience, the staff, the room overlooking the pool. The toiletries, spa bath(which is hygienically cleaned), the quality of bedding was awesome a great nights sleep. Everything was Versace branded absolutely loved it. The rooms were amazing very Versace, top quality everything from the marble floors to the bathrooms and robes towels etc. The foyer is so inviting with their Branded furniture amazing chandelier, great staff not pushy at all you can read a book or paper and not be bothered or feel you need to order or move on.

There were two reasons why i couldn't give it a 5 star rating
1. The pool was not as clean as it should be.
2. The breakfast was ok but not exceptional for a $49.00 price tag. It was not appealing to the eye, for example bircher muesli was not to the standard it should have been. The sweets were a bit of a hit and miss . For a hotel of that caliber their breakfast lacked variety. Perhaps because i was there on Sunday through to Tuesday and it was quieter maybe thats why?
We enjoyed the cabana package which included the wine, Versace sunscreen, fruit platter, spray mist and of course the cabana for the day. Throughly enjoyed it.
We had the seafood buffet one night which consisted of fresh seafood, was very impressed we didn't eat much else so can't judge the food. We ate at Vie restaurant which has a one hat rating. The service was great the food plentiful but it lacked flavour. The price was extremely reasonable. This restaurant doesn't effect my rating of the hotel.
Be aware if you order food by the pool the pigeons come after your food. Sit on the chairs outside the pool side kiosk and cover your food that way you have a chance of eating it. It is very annoying.
We got charged for drinks at the bar which we never bought. They sent the bill to their investigations department.
The hotel for the price they charge does need to improve on the points above. But overall we had a great time and yes i would come back for R & R.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd level overlooking the pool
2  Thank miztraver
Reviewed November 11, 2013

WOW. I don't know where to start. Everything was just PERFECT!
Amazing service, amazing staff, delicious food, the rooms were just stunning, comfortable and spacious.
If you ever want to go somewhere and just wind down at the Gold Coast - PALAZZO VERSACE is the place.
It was very quiet and so so peaceful. Great place to relax and get away from all the hustle and bustle.

1  Thank Evanthiia
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Evanthiia

Thank you for your glowing review!

I am absolutely delighted that you had such a perfect stay at Palazzo Versace!

We look forward to welcoming you back again for another stay of rest and relaxation.

Guest Relations Manager

QT Gold Coast
#5 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Meriton Suites Southport
Meriton Suites Broadbeach

Been to Palazzo Versace? Share your experiences!