Pleasant surprise to find I had been upgraded to a suite which was lovely, albeit there was no view from the windows. This is an unusual hotel and has a distinctly 80's vibe about it - large black towels in the bathroom (even the laundry bag was black silk!), gold fixtures and fittings, typically Versace I suppose. Billed as a six star hotel there were one or two things that were not up to scratch - the telephone in the toilet was missing, there was a curtain rail separating the bathroom from the bedroom but no curtain, and no complimentary mineral water! That said the whirlpool bath filled up very quickly and was great. I was staying for four nights but attending a conference at the Sheraton Mirage opposite, and I was very glad I was based at the Palazzo as it has a much more personal feel about it.
Breakfast was included in my package and was excellent, proper fresh coffee and a well stocked buffet, nice airy dining area and friendly and efficient service. The Vie restaurant next door which is owned by the hotel is on the water's edge and we had Sunday lunch there which I would highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Gold Coast Broadwater, Palazzo Versace Gold Coast is ‘a destination within a destination’. A waterfront setting, spectacular architecture, Italian furnishings, extraordinary service and an ambience of pure glamour. Palazzo Versace is everything you would expect from the world’s first fully fashion-branded hotel; home to three award winning restaurants, famed day spa, Fitness & Wellbeing Centre, private marina, Versace Boutique and access to Australia’s first Water Salon poolside cabana experience. Housing 200 light-filled rooms in timeless craftsmanship accessorised by Bespoke Versace furnishing and a ‘Juliet’ balcony inviting the Gold Coast sunshine and azure skies to pour in. With a glorious sub-tropical climate; cosmopolitan approach to life; and the beauty of a Renaissance palace, Palazzo Versace creates the perfect holiday and the ultimate escapism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Palazzo Versace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Versace Main Beach
- Palazzo Versace Hotel Main Beach
- Hotel Versace
- Palazzo Versace Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia