“Amazing hotel”
Review of Palazzo Versace

Palazzo Versace
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We've just returned from 5 night stay at Palazzo Versace and we've loved every second of it!!! From the check in to the check out we felt like royalty.

I loved the room - they have to replace TVs and closets, but that is the only thing that needs to be replaced. Everything is a bit over the top, but I have to say it really suites this hotel to be over the top.

I loved the adult only area at the pool. The chairs next to the pool were definitely the best pool chairs i've ever experienced in my life and reading a book on them was just a pure pleasure.

You have to try fashionista high tea, best scones in the world!!!

I think breakfast buffet could be better - I was missing better selection of cured meat and cheeses. Compared to Marriott at Surfers I would rate it only 3 out of 5. And dinner buffet needs ice cream selection urgently!!! I complained and assistant manager of the restaurant arranged it without any problems.

Overall great stay and I would return any second. :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Sport_guy_23
Thank you for your "Amazing" Trip Advisor review.
It is great to see that you had the opportunity to relax & enjoy the adults only area out by the lagoon in the Fountain Terrace area. It is pleasing to read that you found the High Tea fabulous in Le Jardin.
Thank you for your constructive feedback in regards to the buffet breakfast, this has been passed onto our Food & Beverage Manager for further review.
I hope you can join us again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Palazzo Versace

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying for a third time at this beautiful hotel. The staff we extremley friendly and went out of their way to help in any way. The rooms are just beautiful. I was surprised however by the dress standard of some of the hotel guests and visitors on the Saturday evening at the seafood buffet. They seem to forget this is a 5 Star hotel and dress standards should apply. The staff advised me they are often challenged by guests when they try to enforce the dress standards. I can't understand why anyone would expect to dine at a first class restaurant and hotel and think it is ok to look like they have just strolled off the beach. Julie - Brisbane

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Julie L

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am glad that your third visit with us was as good as previous stays. It was great to see that
you loved Palazzo Versace and found the hotel beautiful. It is also very pleasing to read that all staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to help.
The dress standards are in place to ensure all guest dining experiences are to the standard expected at a five star hotel restaurant, thank you for your comments supporting the dress code. It is not our intend to annoy or offend guests with this policy but simply to ensure the ultimate five star experience for all.

Julie L thank you again for your review we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I travel for both business and pleasure, and stay at some of the best hotels.
I must say, we also stay at what are touted as "five star plus" many failing in basic services.
Our experience at Palazzo Versace over the years has been very positive, and we continue to return when ever we can.
A prestigious hotel environment reflecting the Barocc'a era, is a travel destination in its self.
The Architecture, lagoon pool and in house facilities provide such an engaging experience, some times we find it hard to venture far out side it bounds.
The Donatella Versace style is continued through to well appointed spacious rooms, were room service can cater to your every need. Including that forgotten item ........" Your tooth brush" ???

Accommodating the most deserning of travelers and mum and dads holidaymakers alike, all who come will receive the same level of courteous and efficient service where nothing is too much trouble...
Being foodies - We love the restaurants. All feature excellent chefs, and the Buffet in Il Barrocco is no slouch either, if you like your food and have a healthy appetite you won't be disappointed for any meal of the day.
Possibly the best buffet on the Bris-Vagas Gold Coast strip.
We loved Steve's food, and Martins menu,s "is to die for". We eagerly look to see the influence Geoff Haviland brings to the hotel.
Staying over the Christmas New year period 2012 - 2013 the functions & events held by the hotel were again interesting, quirky and of a high standard.
New Years Eve was theme based, probably one of the best we have attended, events like this continue up hold the fine reputation of the hotel.
Hotel management pride then selves in staying fresh and providing a number of differing events to cater for all tastes. "Not just food and wine" we look forward each year to see "whats' happin".
So we would suggest that, a visit to Queensland's Gold Coast would not be complete with out a visit to Palazzo Versace.
Even if it is only for "High Tea" or one of the numerous new gin cocktails at La jardin the lobby bar. Sit back, drink and be waited upon whilst you enjoy the ambiance and views of such a unique hotel lobby.

Enjoy!!!

Eve & Ray

Room Tip: Rooms with view to the pool are generally quieter, options with either morning or afternoon sun. Ro...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Ray M
What a fantastic review and an absolute pleasure to read, thank you.
It was great to see how much you enjoyed all things Palazzo Versace during your stay including the architecture, Versace style and courteous & efficient service. “No place like it” is certainly what we strive to achieve in terms of an overall guest experience and I am pleased that you found this with your stay.
I am glad that you enjoyed your experiences in all of our restaurants and bar le Jardin, Executive Chef Geoff Haviland is certainly having a great influence.
Thank you for choosing to welcome in 2013 with us and I am pleased that you enjoyed the Burlesque New Years Eve event; it was a great night and the perfect way to welcome in the New Year.
We look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully you can welcome in 2014 with us.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently spent 2 nights and 3 days at Versace on the Gold Coast. I was extremely impressed with the whole experience and can't wait to go back again some day soon. Customer Service was exceptional and the best I have encountered anywhere in Australia. Check-in was easy and luggage delivered to our room immediately. I loved the candles that are lit everywhere at night giving the feeling of total relaxation. Versace has thought of everything. The pool area is beautiful and very inviting. The breakfast provided was also one of the best I have had. The quality and choice is extensive at the breakfast buffet. My girlfriend and I also really enjoyed the High Tea. Best Scones and Hot Chocolate!! Attention to detail is a priority when staying at Versace. The room was clean and very comfortable. I particularly enjoyed using the Versace Cups and Saucers in our room and also in the Restaurant. My only disappointment was that I was unable to purchase one of the beautiful cups and saucers in the yellow colours that was provided in our room. It would have been a truly special way to remember such a special weekend.

Room Tip: Slippers and Robes are provided so no need to pack these. The magnifying make-up mirror was great al...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Kjens27
“Versace has thought of everything!” It was a pleasure to read your exceptional review and thank you.
I am very glad to read that you enjoyed all things Palazzo Versace during your stay with us. In particular it was a pleasure to read that you found the service exceptional, the room clean and very comfortable and that you also enjoyed the ambience & decor throughout the hotel.
It is great that you had the opportunity to relax by the lagoon area and experience our wonderful High Tea in Le Jardin. I am also glad to see that you found the buffet breakfast in Il Barocco one of the best that you have experienced.
We look forward to having you with us again in the very near future.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I have just stayed again at Palazzo Versace, we keep on coming back as there is no other place like it. The hotel is beautiful, we have stayed at many hotels around the world, but nothing compares. The food is great, especially the breakfast, there is so much to choose from and the seafood buffet dinner is fantastic. Lunch by the pool is also great, the pool area is absolutely beautiful. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel lobby is beautiful, you will not see one like it and has been well maintained. The hotel is located next door to the marina mirage which has some great shops. Overall we highly recommend this hotel, it's a great experience.

Loretta-Sydney

• Stayed: January 2013
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Lorettac-sydney

Another wonderful review, what a pleasure to read, thank you.

It so wonderful to see that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast in Il Barocco, the seafood buffet dinner and selection along with the food by the lagoon.
I am glad that you had the oppurtunity to relax and unwind around the lagoon area.
It is also very pleasing to read that you found the staff very friendly and helpful.

Hopefully you can come join us again in the very near future.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Well what a disappointment that was !!! Hear so much about it that we decide to have go as a treat for our trip down Under .The foyer and the pool was welcome site to our eyes but the receptionist didn't seems to understand that two men can sleep in a King Bed .After passing this obstacle we were send to the foyer for drinks as our room wasn't ready (Don't be in a rush and thirsty after travelling long hours as the service is very slow).The room was a normal size with view of the pool .Our Breakfast wasn't included in the price but we decide to have a go at it and were felt like we wont welcome at this time of the morning for $50 each we will not come back at Breakfast .The Spa look not to new after all ,don't use the hot tub the water is flooding the place .in Our room the dressing gone wasn't change from the last occupant as we find a Spa card inside the pocket .It is not the same rule for the dress code for the evening drinks Be aware ........Will never go back again

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Olivier C

Dear Olivier C

First and foremost please allow me to apologise unreservedly if you were made to feel uncomfortable on check in with your partner. We can assure you that it is completely discordant with our hotel philosophy for our staff to question same sex couples, as we embrace and welcome GLBT guests unreservedly. As a part of the normal check in process we reconfirm to our guests that the bedding configuration in the reservation is what is required, especially when members of the same sex are checking in to a room so it is regrettable there has been a misunderstanding.

If your travels bring you back to Australia it would be my pleasure to welcome you back personally and redesign your Palazzo Versace experience.

I look forward to hearing rom you.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My daughter and I celebrated her 30th Bithday at Palazzo Versace in December. On entering, .the foyer with views to the pool and the lovely restaurants is impressive. Our room and bathroom were beautifully appointed. We enjoyed afternoon tea at Le Jardin Restaurant, dined elsewhere for dinner, and returned to our room to find our beds turned down for us. Breakfast the next morning was fabulous. We had a wonderful experience staying at Palazzo Versace. We definitely will stay there again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Maggie S

Thank you for your wonderful review.
I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your daughters 30th birthday.
It was a pleasure to read that you found the room & bathroom were beautifully appointed. I am also very pleased that you had the oppurtunity to relax in Le Jardin and enjoy the beautiful high tea along with the buffet breakfast in Il Barocco.

We look forward to having you with us again in the very near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Main Beach
Meriton Suites Southport
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
#7 of 31 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Palazzo Versace? Share your experiences!