“Was good on last visit, this visit was absolute horror.”
Review of Palazzo Versace

Palazzo Versace
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I'm a very good customer at the versace stores and thought that I should visit the hotel in jan 2012. Was good. But when I stayed again on jan 2013, it was horror. Staff at the reception are really rude. I felt disgusted at the amount of money I was paying. When I checked in the room, the private bar fridge, some items were missing and at checkout they were charged. Untill I told them that it was missing. They are really strict throughout the whole hotel areas but you are paying a lot of money and should not be treated in this strictly manner. After my second stay, I would not stay there again. They should treat hotel guests like royalty for the large amount of money you pay but it's the total opposite. They treat you like poor people.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank serjio111
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Serjio111

Thank you for taking the time to construct your Trip Advisor review.

I am sorry that the rules in place felt restrictive during your stay. With relation to the smoking rules throughout the hotel this is monitored strictly as the smoking rules translate into federal law. We do have designated smoking areas in the hotel to accomodate for all of our guests.
I am sorry that when you were told that you could not smoke in a certain area that it offended you, this is certainly not our intent. The smoking rules are monitored very closely to ensure a pleasurable stay for all guests.

Thank you for being a loyal Palazzo Versace guest and I very much hope that you choose to join us again in the very near future.
I would very much like to handle your next booking personally so please do not hesitate to contact me.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,047)

Reviewed January 17, 2013

If you are looking for pure relaxation, clean facilites, friendly professional service with amazing food and drink then Palazzo Versace is the hotel for you. I just came back from an 8 night stay with my husband and 2 daughters and didn't want to leave.

We wanted a close plane trip holiday to the gold coast but didn't want to stay in the heart of surfers as i now find it to be very dirty! I rang palazzo Versace direct and received an amazing offer to good to refuse and booked our holiday. Most people just presume that Palazzo Versace is way to expensive for a family holiday.. Don't be fooled and make sure you compare this amazing hotel with others properties before you book your next holiday to the gold coast.

We are now planning our next short getaway back to Versace as we just loved every moment.

Room Tip: Ring hotel direct
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Moolz6
Wow, what a wonderful review.
I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed all things Palazzo Versace for your getaway.
In particular it is great that you enjoyed the clean facilities, the friendly & professional service and the amazing food drink.
I am glad that you enjoyed the convenient location of Palazzo Versace and managed to capture a good package directly through the hotel for you holiday.
We look forward to having you back for your next getaway, hopefully we can have you with us for a little longer.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had a 3 day stay at Versace which was very last minute and opportunistic. Although our room was not as good as the last time we stayed, it was booked at the last minute and therefore perhaps to be expected. We found the hotel completely up to the expectations of a 5 star resort and have nothing but praise for the staff. We were met with friendly faces, helpful attitudes and a particular thank you to Jasmin in Restaurant Vie who was a delight. The weather was disappointing but this was completely made up for by the Versace experience. Will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: The building is a semi circle and the rooms on the corner are designed to fit an awkward space. Up...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sharyn T

It was an absolute pleasure to read your Trip Advisor review.
It was wonderful to see that you found the staff and service all exceptional during your stay.
In particular, thank you for your kind comments on Jasmin in Vie.
We very much hope that the weather is better when you join us next.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had been looking forward to this hotel as part of our 5 week holiday to australia. It was to be one of the highlights, unfortunately it ended up being one of the biggest disappointments. The hotel just feels tacky and not classy at all. Its like a 3 star hotel with some pretentious policies which they seem to think makes it upmarket. The decor is outdated and shabby, lots of fake gold fixtures, and cheap wooden furniture. You have to sign for the towels by the pool and return them and sign again or else they charge you $185. Dont know why anyone would want to keep those tacky black towels anyway? The beds in the room were old and worn. The matresses were pretty thin and the bedding seemed like it had seen better days. Silly policies such as no singlets / vest tops for men at breakfast were just nonsense, and even the staff seemed a bit embarrased enforcing some of the ridiculous policies. This hotel has seen better days, and i wouldnt bother recommending it to anyone. Save your money and try the Marriott in Surfers Paradise, or the Sheraton Mirage across the road from Versace.

The one saving grace for this hotel were some of the staff we encountered. You could tell they knew the policies were nonsense and they did as much as they could to make our stay comfortable. Had we not pre paid for this hotel we likely would have checked out early and gone somewhere else that was more relaxing and not as needlessly stuck up.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank liesureman2013
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Liesureman2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor.
I am delighted to see that you really enjoyed the service and welcoming for your buffet breakfast in Il Barocco. Yes Gina is fabulous and great at wowing our guests, it was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the service Gina delivered.
It is very unfortunate that the dress code has offended you. Although we are a leisure destination we do follow a dress code and apply this to ensure a certain standard is maintained. Whilst you were here to relax, casual beach and swimwear is not permitted in the restaurants. I do apologise if the dress code has offended you in anyway as this is certainly not our intent.
We would love to have the opportunity to reengineer your Palazzo Versace experience and hope that you can join us again for your next Gold Coast holiday. Please contact me directly if I can assist in anyway.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Hubby and I stayed for one night as a joint birthday treat. We were upgraded which was great. Spent the day relaxing in a cabana drinking wine then had the tasting menu for dinner in the gourmet restaurant, a bit of a splurge but worth it!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Kate M
Thank you for your review.
I am glad that you both enjoyed your special treat for your birthdays. It is great that you had the opportunity to relax & unwind on a cabana around the lagoon area during your stay.
It was a pleasure to read that you really went wild for your birthday dinner in Vanitas and enjoyed all of the tasting dishes along with the amazing breakfast selection in Il Barocco.
We hope to have you join us for your next special occasion.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Even though this hotel has changed ownership recently it still provides a great luxury getaway.
This is the 3rd time we have stayed at the Versace & the 1st time since the change of ownership.
The 2 biggest differences were that valet parking is no longer included in the price but at an extra $30 per day.
The complimentary Versace fragrances are also gone. Other than that nothing must has changed. It still has very spacious rooms, great buffet breakfast & an excellent pool area.
Since the hotel is in Main Beach it is quiet at night which is great for a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: If you want a good view you need to upgrade to a Lagoon Room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear jdelor
Still Great! Thank you very much for the great review.
It was great to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the buffet breakfast in Il Barocco and the lagoon area was excellent.
The charge for valet parking was introduced nearly 12 months ago and we are one of the last 5 star hotels on the Gold Coast to introduce a valet parking charge.
We can’t wait to have you here for your fourth visit.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I went with this hotel over others because I like over the top hotel. Although its has the name, and kind of looks it's, it leaves much to be desired. The pool was small and average. The pool at the Marriott in surfers is much better and more fun. It isn't near any obvious beach access, and so me and my wife were bored! The food was expencive and average. The rooms and the service was the highlight of the stay. Clean, with a spa and cable tv. The bed was fantastic. The view was not great, but wasn't bad either. We were recommend this hotel by a friend who loved it and was pampered on her stay. We were definitely not pampered but the staff were nice. I wouldn't stay again. And my advice to people thinking of staying would be to check out the hotel across the road. It has direct access to the beach, which would have been nice. To sum up, of you want to spend money this place is great. If you want value, check else where first. I have sated at the Marriott an if you do t mind it's location, it was much much nicer and better value, even though very similar prices.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear AussieShrimp
Thank you for your review.
I am glad that you really enjoyed your room, found the service really good and found the bed fantastic.
I am disappointed to read that the lagoon area did not live up to your expectations. The lagoon is very popular with our guests and a big reason a lot of our return guests choose to stay with us. Although we do not have direct beach access it is only a 3 minute walk from the hotel.
It is also disappointing that you found the food average. If you could contact me directly to give further detailed feedback I would very much appreciate it.
I hope to hear from you and I would love for you to join us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Main Beach
QT Gold Coast
#5 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Meriton Suites Southport
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast

Been to Palazzo Versace? Share your experiences!