We had been looking forward to this hotel as part of our 5 week holiday to australia. It was to be one of the highlights, unfortunately it ended up being one of the biggest disappointments. The hotel just feels tacky and not classy at all. Its like a 3 star hotel with some pretentious policies which they seem to think makes it upmarket. The decor is outdated and shabby, lots of fake gold fixtures, and cheap wooden furniture. You have to sign for the towels by the pool and return them and sign again or else they charge you $185. Dont know why anyone would want to keep those tacky black towels anyway? The beds in the room were old and worn. The matresses were pretty thin and the bedding seemed like it had seen better days. Silly policies such as no singlets / vest tops for men at breakfast were just nonsense, and even the staff seemed a bit embarrased enforcing some of the ridiculous policies. This hotel has seen better days, and i wouldnt bother recommending it to anyone. Save your money and try the Marriott in Surfers Paradise, or the Sheraton Mirage across the road from Versace.
The one saving grace for this hotel were some of the staff we encountered. You could tell they knew the policies were nonsense and they did as much as they could to make our stay comfortable. Had we not pre paid for this hotel we likely would have checked out early and gone somewhere else that was more relaxing and not as needlessly stuck up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Gold Coast Broadwater, Palazzo Versace Gold Coast is ‘a destination within a destination’. A waterfront setting, spectacular architecture, Italian furnishings, extraordinary service and an ambience of pure glamour. Palazzo Versace is everything you would expect from the world’s first fully fashion-branded hotel; home to three award winning restaurants, famed day spa, Fitness & Wellbeing Centre, private marina, Versace Boutique and access to Australia’s first Water Salon poolside cabana experience. Housing 200 light-filled rooms in timeless craftsmanship accessorised by Bespoke Versace furnishing and a ‘Juliet’ balcony inviting the Gold Coast sunshine and azure skies to pour in. With a glorious sub-tropical climate; cosmopolitan approach to life; and the beauty of a Renaissance palace, Palazzo Versace creates the perfect holiday and the ultimate escapism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Palazzo Versace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Versace Main Beach
- Palazzo Versace Hotel Main Beach
- Hotel Versace
- Palazzo Versace Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia