“Absolutely Amazing”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Brisbane
“Absolutely Amazing”
Reviewed April 7, 2008

Me and my partner stayed here for 1 night for our 2 year anniversary. We booked a lagoon view room with a balcony which was beautiful. We had a prompt check in, we were escorted to our room as was our luggage. The room was amazing and very big for a hotel room. It had a beautiful 2 person spa in the marble bathroom, a luxurious king bed and a view over the lagoon and a glimpse of the broadwater. The hotel was absolutely fantastic and definately well spent. Especially since we had valet parking included as well as a full buffet breakfast for two and you don't even need to pay for any drinks. The location is good next to seaworld and just a walk accross the path and you're at a shopping centre with cafe's, shops and boutiques like louis vuitton and hermes. Also inside the hotel there is the versace store which is amazing (don't take the credit cards in there). you really get treated like royalty when you stay here. The only downside was we tried to make a reservation for dinner in the hotel a week before we arrived and it was all booked out. We ended up having room service sitting on the balcony with great food without paying a premium for the name of the hotel. You have not stayed in a 5 star hotel till you have stayed here!!!

• Liked — room, location, staff, food
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank luke_brisbane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
sydney
Reviewed March 14, 2008

We stayed here for 4 days in a 2 bedroom condominium. We had very high expectations for the hotel and in fact it surpassed them. From check in to check out our time here was fabulous. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. The room was immaculate and extremely clean. The room service food was exceptional as was the restaurant food. In no way did we find the staff aloof or disinterested. On the contrary they appeared to be enjoying working here and provided service which was superior to any other 5 star hotel we have stayed at. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who requires exemplary service coupled with the exquisite Versace style and sophistication.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank matthew76
NSW
Reviewed February 24, 2008

We stayed at the Versace last year. Our planned stay was for 4 days, however for my son and I it was only one night as a 100kg flower urn by the pool fell onto his leg crushing it and we spent the next 3 weeks in hospital. The hotel were helpful while we were in Queensland. We transfered to a NSW hospital as soon as we could. The urn and the rest of the urns in the pool area were unsafe and my son is lucky to be alive. I am advised that they are now all re-enforced with steel. This obviously has coloured my experience of the hotel but I must say that proir to that the service was patchy, some good some totaly indifferent. The food was average. It is packed to the gunnels with bling and Versace over the topness. Personally I found it garish and ugly. I wouldn't reccomend this hotel to families as there are so many dangers for children around the pool area. To get to the lift from the pool there is an acre of marble floor which the slightest wet foot will slip on. The afore mentioned urns. The high walls around the edge, very pretty but an easy place for a toddler to fall off etc etc.

• Liked — the bathroom
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank Beanie94
London
Reviewed February 5, 2008

We have stayed at many luxury hotels over the world. This is one of the WORST!!! This is supposed to be a Leading Hotel of The World... Its an absolute joke.

IF YOU UNDERSTAND THE SIMPLE POINT THAT THE MONEY YOU WORK HARD FOR IS EXCHANGED FOR A LEVEL OF SERVICE AND EXCLUSIVE AMMENETIES AT A HOTEL THEN DONT STAY AT THE PALAZO VERSACE!!!

IF YOU WANT TO STAY THERE CAUSE ITS THE VERSACE HOTEL THEN CONTACT ME AND I'LL SEND YOU A PICTURE OF MY ROOM SERVICE FOOD... THAT SHOULD PUT YOU OFF!!!

We stayed in a Lagoon View Room with a seperate living area and a balcony (About the size of box of paper)

1: Did not get walked around the hotel or get told about any of the facilities,ammeneties or bars restaurantswithin the hotel, simply left to find everything ourselves.
2: Staff as miserable as sin.
3: The room contained substandard furnitrure and was not cleaned properly not even once in our 7 night stay. When i asked the cleaner to hoover the crisps off the floor as my 3 year old nephew had dropped some the night before, the cleaner replied... "what hoover the floor again" as if he had already hoovered.??? Somebody help me!!!
4: Hotel Security... there simply isnt any. Thus random people walked into resident only parts of the hotel without being stopped and then started taking photos. which is very annoying in the evening. Make sure you dont go there if you suffer from any form of epilepsy.
5: The sound proofing is absolutly non existent
6: The staff dont care that the sound proofing is non existent.
7: No one picks up the phone when you call them (Room Service, Concierge, Front Desk, Housekeeping... you get the idea)
8: When you order room service half the food is missing and by the time you get everything you asked for the foods gone cold, not like you wanted to eat it anyway. We had christmas dinner as room service... I asked for roast potatoes... I got a half boiled potato... No Joke, Im serious!!! and then they tried to charge me for it.
9: Speaking to the Duty manager is like speaking to a parrot that just says "sorry sir"... sounds like he's had to say it a lot of times before and agrees with what your saying becasue he knows its a shambles. He only took the job because he got the chance to get out of India.
10: Go to the Marriot Brisbane in Brisbane City instead. They cant do enough for you. Half the price. Marina View. Much more private swimming and spa area, the staff cant do enough for you, and in the room they only have 1 button on the phone and underneath it, it says "At you service". Press the button and less than 3 rings later a friendly happy "I love my job" person picks up the phone and says "At you service Mr ****" how can i assist you today" Now thats service.
IF I GO TO BRISBANE EVER AGAIN IM GOING TO STAY AT THE MARRIOT!!!

• Liked — Checking Out Early
  • Disliked — Staying There for as long as i did
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
16 Thank Tell_It_Like_It_Is_8
Canberra
Reviewed January 8, 2008

I arranged a summer package directly with Palazzo Versace just for the first two nights our honeymoon as a surprise for my new wife. In additon to the package I arranged with them for pickup at the airport and for chocolate covered strawberries and flowers on the bed on arrival. I'm not sure what happened but they hadn't put the strawberries and flowers in the room by the time we checked in and went to the room. However I had completly forgotten about them as we were just so distracted with looking at the beautiful room (the flowers and strawberries were delivered 5 minutes later without me having to call about them).

Even though the room is was the Superior Room (Versace's "basic" room) it is furnished and decked out like most other hotel's best room. Maybe a bit small and not really much seperation between the bathroom and bedroom but it was pretty much perfect just for the two of us honeymooners.

The package included 2 Versace beach towels (which are great and everyone wants), an antipasto plus cocktails for two. and buffet breakfast (which is a huge and tasty spread). Plus in the room there were two complementry Versace perfumes which my Wife absolutely loves.

We enjoyed the large pool each day, walked to the beach, went next door to the Marina Mirage shopping mall, and went up the road to Seaworld. single staff member we spoke with was very nice and professional

I can definately say this is the best hotel in Australia I have stayed in and wish we didn't have to leave. I will definately be arranging another few nights here in the future (maybe our anniversary?)

• Liked — The beautiful room
  • Disliked — the cost
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
8 Thank NRD80Y
Portugal Cove, Canada
Reviewed January 8, 2008

We stayed at the Palazzo Versace during the perfect ending month of October, where the weather is absolutely great during this time (ending of spring, beginning of summer). We rented a car for our stay in the Gold Coast (you will definitely need one), and driving through the main streets in Gold Coast on our way to the Palazzo Versace we noticed the area is reminiscent of Atlantic City, NJ. It was just one huge strip, the majority containing very outdated properties, therefore when we drove by the Palazzo Versace, it is kind of hidden, but you can tell it's one of the most luxurious properties on that specific area of the Gold Coast I would say. The hotel was definitely what we expected of a luxury property, and i would definitely say it was overpriced - but then again, it's Versaci and i would expect them to be overpriced since you are paying for the name of the hotel. We paid $401 US Dollars per night and this included breakfast buffet. You definitely get what you pay for - and we were very pleased with the professional service, the way the property was maintained, it was very upscale. We got a very large room, but our 2 other friends we were traveling with received a smaller bedroom. You might want to make sure when you check in that you ask them for the biggest layout of their junior rooms, as there seems to be different versions of it. We had a very ample hallway, bedroom and huge bathroom. Our friends room was much tinier with no hallway and the bedroom was right next to the bathroom, however their view was amazing, facing the ocean. We had the view of the pool (which was not bad either).
The staff was very professional and friendly, while in the states before our travel we requested a surprise anniversary present for one of our friends traveling with us, and they promptly attended to our request that same night we arrived delivering the surprise to their room. You can walk to other restaurants in the area, however, you have a very limited choice, and the restaurants are definitely overpriced. We decided to drive to other restaurants in town. The breakfast buffet was incredible, very healthy and the morning was something to look forward to because of the wonderful breakfast, it was truly the highlight and a way to start of your morning!

There were really no tourist attractions near the hotel, except amusement parks - like Movie World (aka Universal Studios) which we could easily go to here in the U.S., unless you are having a family vacation. It's kind of this excellent luxury property next in a desolate location - it's really weird that they picked that location to build their hotel in - we traveled to other sections in the Gold Coast that were happening, the place where the hotel is located is definitely dead and not happening. We read the Trip Advisor reviews before booking and noticed that some people complained of noise coming from the nearby attractions - we did not hear a thing at all. Overall, if I were to go back to Australia, although there is much hype about the Gold Coast because of their sunny beaches and wonderful weather - I would go back to the Palazzo Versace in a second, but not the Gold Coast, it's just full of amusement parks and local zoos. During our entire stay at the Gold Coast - we rented a car to travel to places outside of the Gold Coast because that's where much of the action is. The Palazzo Versace was more of a sophisticated hotel to just relax by the pool or try and find a beach by the strip (which you have to travel from the hotel about 20 minutes in car to get to) and to have dinner at night at the strip. If you are more of an active person, there is really not much around the area at all.
But I have nothing but great things about our hotel stay - top of the top - and of course, overpriced, but it's Versace and people will pay the money to stay there for the name. So if you have to visit the Gold Coast and want to treat yourself to a luxurious stay - Palazzo Versace is the place to stay - besides the fact the the other hotels in this area are very outdated, OLD and look very refurbished looking.

• Liked — The luxury accomodation
  • Disliked — The location
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank kellyectf
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 8, 2007

Australia does not have a good set of what I'd call luxury hotels...it's a common complaint by the folks that live here that you have to go to Asia to get good service so I was not sure what to expect. Especially since spending 10 years living in Sydney I was very nervous about turning up to such a prestigious address with a 14 month old toddler, especially with the assortnment of italian sports cars parked out front......

..I had nothing to fear. This place was just outstanding, from check-in to check-out the who experience was priceless - it was like being in a "proper" hotel, not like Australia at all. We had a suite which was really nice, and not as over the top as some people say they are.

The staff was amazing with our son, he got so spoiled. In fact there were plenty of kids around so my initial fears were totally unfounded. The artificial beach is a great place for young kids to play on and the pool is genuinely fantastic.

The reteraunts are all superb and well worth the money. We managed to stump the wine expert in one but he ran off, did some research, and came back with an answer for us - it just shows how much the staff seem to like working there and that, in turn, makes such a difference for the guests.

I really could go on and on about this place but I will restrain myself and just say we loved it, we couldn't fault it, and we've already booked our next stay.

• Liked — 100% quality the whole way through
  • Disliked — It's across the road from the beach....and it's a busy road.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
#12 of 32 in Surfers Paradise
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,175 reviews
Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast

Been to Palazzo Versace? Share your experiences!