“A Bit of Class in GC”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Sydney
“A Bit of Class in GC”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Knowing the end of school leavers would be partying in the Gold Coast my wife and I needed accommodation away from the "Schoolies" for a weekend getaway. The Palazzo did not disappoint. The service, facilities, food and drink were all first class. There were plenty of sun lounges , no crowds and cool drinks which made for a very relaxing adult stay. May not be our first choice when traveling with our kids but certainly our first choice for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear JanaliSydney
Thank you very much for your excellent review.
It is great to read that you and your wife had a relaxing and romantic stay and enjoyed all that Palazzo Versace has to offer. In particular I am glad to read that you really enjoyed the sun lounges around the lagoon area, food, drinks and the location.
We very much hope that you can visit us on your next romantic getaway or give us the chance to impress on your next family holiday.
Ben McDermott Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We have stayed in many 5 star hotels within Australia and overseas but this has been by far the BEST. This is beyond a 5 star hotel and more like a 6 star.
Everything screams out luxury, from the rooms, the pool, the service, the staff, the restaurants, everything!
We were lucky to receive a free upgrade to a lagoon room which overlooked the pool. The room was generous and spacious and well equipped.
The staff were friendly and made us feel very welcome, and made our 4 year old feel very special.
The pool staff were extremely accommodating and made our stay so much enjoyable with there friendly attitude and welcoming manner.
The food was WOW, from the buffet to the restaurant to the pool menu. Everything was made with perfection.
Overall you won't be disappointed, worth very cent.

Room Tip: Go for the double bed options. Rooms are larger
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear C_355
Your review is fantastic to read, thank you.
It is great to see how much you enjoyed your stay and that you felt Palazzo Versace was a 6 star experience.
In particular I am glad to read that you enjoyed your upgrade to the lagoon room and that you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay including your dining experiences and the service standards.
We would love to welcome you back in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I organised a trip to the Palazzo Versace for my wife's 40th birthday as a special treat. We were both very excited and having read great reviews, our expectations were high.

I tried booking Vanita's restaurant for the night of my wife's 40th about 3 weeks out from our trip but was told it was totally booked out which was disappointing and hard to believe. I booked Vie instead but found a great romantic Cabana twilight meal they were offering a week out from our trip that I booked and turned out great.

I booked a Lagoon Room on the recommendation of others however i was disappointed with our location and aspect. We were in room 213, it's located right in the corner of the complex, is a long way from the lifts and has probably the worst view of all of the lagoon view apartments. I don't know how many times I explained it was my wife's birthday and a special occasion but this did not seem to be a consideration. I kept waiting for that extra, unexpected high level of customer service but it never came. We paid extra for the lagoon view but I have no doubt there would be better views from the cheaper superior rooms and this left me feeling quite annoyed.

Nevertheless, the room was very luxurious. Great big soft bed, awesome bath tub, pretty much everything you would ever need.

I thought the pool was very poorly designed. There's minimal space to lounge (for free) beside the pool and where there is space, it's all clustered together. Any lounges that are on the pools edge (there's very few) are snapped up quickly, the rest of the pool edge is taken up by Cabana's that cost $50 a day. This annoyed many guests who rightly so were complaining that they were spending a lot of money to stay and it felt insulting to be asked to pay to lay beside the pool. and most of the Cabana's remained empty.

Overall it was a great experience however we won't be rushing back unless we find a really good special. Like I said earlier, I was waiting for that extra, unexpected service that never came. When booking restaurants and accommodation I mentioned my wife's birthday on every occasion but no one said anything to her and I felt this was a missed opportunity that would have made my wife very happy and added greatly to the overall experience.

Will we come back? Maybe.

Room Tip: Don't book room 213!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear ORSTRALIAN

Thank you for your review.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your twilight cabana meal for your wife’s 40th birthday. I am sorry to hear that Vanitas was fully booked for the night of your special occasion. However it is great that you enjoyed the twilight cabana meals. It is also very nice to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the luxury of the room but it is disappointing that you felt the aspect wasn’t good from your lagoon view room.
Thank you for highlighting a few points of your stay that weren’t up to your expectations and I am sorry that your service expectations were not met for your special occasion as Palazzo Versace has gained its reputation on superior service and a luxury product.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back on your next special occasion. Please contact me directly if you choose to stay with us again, we very much hope you can.

Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We booked a weekend away and looked forward to a 5 star experience. However, overall our stay was quite disappointing:

Rooms
1. Our room had no view except of trees. Just beyond the trees was the street.
2. The beds were comfortable but there was no 'wow' factor at all in our room. The room was very simple and not decorated like the lobby.
3. The room we were in was at the very end of the long winding corridor, which made for a rather long walk with our luggage
4. There was no wifi in our room

1. The reception and breakfast restaurant staff were very courteous and professional.
2. Housekeeping knocked on our door at 9am on Sunday morning DESPITE us having turned on the 'do not disturb' sign outside our room door.

Breakfast
1. Buffet breakfast is 'complimentary'. Although there is a large selection of food, the quality of the food was quite ordinary.

Parking
1. The hotel only has valet parking at $30/day. For all other guests, you are expected to find off street parking or park in the shopping centre next door and walk to the hotel yourself.

Pool
1. The pool area was very beautiful with lots of sunchairs. However, most were occupied when we tried to enjoy the late morning in the sun and the cabanas are only available for those who have purchased the 'cabana package'.

Overall our stay was quite pleasant. However we are extremely unlikely to stay here again. There are plenty of other places on the Gold Coast that offer rooms of the same quality that cost far less!!! If you are keen on visiting, I definitely suggest visiting as a dining guest or just for coffee.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear auspoot

Thank you for review as this allows us the opportunity to improve our service standards and guest experiences.
It is disappointing to read that elements of your stay were not up to your expectations. Although I am glad to read that your service experiences were very courteous & professional.
In relation to parking we do have the option available to guests of either valet parking at $30 per night or complimentary self parking.
Our lagoon area is very popular so we do have the option of complimentary sun lounges or cabanas. Cabanas can either be arranged through a package at the time of booking your accommodation or booked during your stay.
We would very much like the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel and hope that you will choose to visit us again the future.

Lakes Entrance, Australia
Reviewed November 24, 2012

A solo visit for some much needed r and r. I cannot fault this hotel. I had a couple of issues on check in which were fixed immediately and Lea, Jess and Nicole were fantastic throughout. Lovely little treats such as mini fragrance and fresh flowers really pepped me up. Lobby is spectacular and lagoon area is just dreamlike. The rooms are certainly older, but really clean and everything carries the Versace signature. Bathrooms are spectacular. Breaky was good, but room service was terrific!! Day Spa was good, not super welcoming at reception but my therapist was really nice. Oscaroscar was brilliant with my stylist Breeony sending me away with GREAT hair and memories of a lovely experience. I have to recommend taking the Audi out for an spin too..... I will certainly stay again when I next visit. Thanks Ben and team.....

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Julie L
Dear Julie L

Thank you for such a wonderful review.
I am so glad that your stay gave you the opportunity to unwind and allowed you to get your much needed r & r. We were very grateful to have the pleasure to allow you this opportunity when really needed.
Your comments gave our hotel great delight & satisfaction when reading your review.
We hope to have you visit us again in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic hotel. We stayed for only a few days but what a treat! Staff were all so professional. Service brilliant. Pool area so so nice, reminded us of the palace in Sun City. We had a slight problem with our room when we arrived but it was sorted out very swiftly and we ended up being upgraded. Breakfast was goregous but my only complaint was at the pool area you can't lie on the double sun loungers, you must pay more. Other than that will return in the future to this superb hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Graceinthesun
Dear Graceinthesun
Thank you for your excellent review.
It is great to read that your stay at Palazzo Versace was fantastic.
I am glad that you enjoyed our lagoon pool area during your stay along with your breakfast and service experiences.
We hope you can visit us again in the very near future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 19, 2012

i love everything about this hotel . the service was amazing. the food @ room service was also great . the rooms were great . everytime u enter u smell this lovely scent . everything is decorated with versace design.

the only thing i didnt like was that the toilet is not seperated from the room. it should be partitioned

i defnitly will go back again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank xxbcxxy
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear SultanQs
Thank you very much for your magical review.
It is fantastic to read that you had a magical stay and enjoyed the service standards and food, especially your In Room Dining experience.
I very much hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Palazzo Versace in the near future.

Guest Relations
Meriton Suites Southport
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
#1 of 21 in Broadbeach

Been to Palazzo Versace? Share your experiences!