“Stunning!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Bundaberg, Australia
“Stunning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Pure elegance! Staff are friendly and very helpful, rooms are amazing with beautiful furnishing and that extra touch of gorgeous complemetary toiletries. I went there on a romance package and it was perfect, when we arrived the staff had placed rose petals on the bed, chocolates, champagne on ice and the large spa filled and surrounded with candles. All you guys out there looking to treat your special someone cannot go wrong with the Palazzo Versace!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travellingtwo485

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Arrived for a conference in may.Its very elegant t position close to the canals and the beach.Staff are delightfully friendly and professional. Roomsand decor are a little tired but spacious and clean.Well equipped Gym and pretty pool
I ate at the buffet .Bad choice .All of the hot choices where like I get at home from the oven when I get home very late..Very dried out meats ,salmon that had that wet cardboard textures..
I searched out someone to cut me some slices,took sometime, from a but of beef that looked nicely prepared.It was prepared well but the meat and the gravy were cold.From the salad bar I selected the least soggy looking and retreated.
Poor show .But Im here for two more days of the conference .I might eat out .

Room Tip: Save your money
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank dinnymick
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear Dinnymick,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on your recent stay at Palazzo Versace.

Your feedback regarding Il Barocco's buffet is a concern and we have shared this information with our Food and Beverage team in order to understand your experience. It is unusual to receive negative comments for the buffet as our selection is of a very high standard (our produce is local and delivered daily) and our chefs are always on hand in the restaurant to deliver premium cuisine to our guests.

We apologise that it did not meet your expectations on this occassion and with your feedback, our team will continue to monitor the product selection and ensure it is of an exceptional standard.

I encourage you to contact me directly on your next stay as we would like to redesign your Palazzo Versace dining experience.

Best regards,

Nickie Warton
Guest Relations Manager
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

If you want to experience luxury once in a while then Palazzo Versace won't disappoint you. Rooms are generous with a spa even the cheapest room. What really amazed us are the use of the Versace emblem in almost everything in the hotel, beds, tables, lamps, chairs, cutlery, even the tap handle! The hotel pool which they call as Water Salon is great and the cabanas and lounges are awesome. The cabanas are for hire if you want to use it the whole day. Fortunately, we went mid week and May being a lean season also so we were able to use it for free as there are not too many guests. The pool was ours til 9:30 am!

We were already thinking that- okay we will just be here once --just to experience the hotel (as it is expensive). But when we had our breakfast my mind changed..I told my husband..Dad I reckon we have to go back so our kids can also experience it even just once especially this breakfast..(my excuse so hubby will consider)..Okay we really have to share how great the breakfast was..There were 5 major buffet selection..hot food; fruits and desserts; breads and pastries; cheese and deli (with awesome pates); and all kinds of cereals you can think of..then the drinks..all kinds of coffee, tea and freshly squeezed fruit juices..Okay I know this is heaps already but I have to add that their honey and marmalade are even imported from France!

Maybe you will ask so with all those superlatives why did we only rate it as 4..The hotel is around 12 years old hence some minimal signs of wear and tear can be seen but it is still very clean and well maintained..Also, they don't have wifi in the room just the cable enabled internet connection hence we were not able to use our Ipad luckily my hubby brought his laptop so we were still to check our emails and of course FB:-). There is wireless though in the lobby which we did not get to try.

We also enjoyed the amenities ( even the slippers are embossed with Versace logo!). I have to mention about the complimentary "relax" sachets they give you at night when housekeeping will visit you and ask if you want a turn down of your bed in preparation for your night sleep.. The lotion was so soothing as hubby massage my hands and I just really dose off to sleep..

It was a very pleasant stay and we were not disappointed with what we aim for- an experience of luxury..We thank God for this wonderful escape..

Room Tip: Get the rooms that have pool access they are great.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Achaia924
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Stayed here for a work trip and was very impressed with everything about the hotel, allthough the hotel does seem to be a bit of a show off and seems to like to tell you how much everything costs, inluding beach towels at $185 each.
The pool and small private beach are exelent to unwind in and the hotel offers some fantastic spa and healf facilities. The room I stayed in was a King Lagoon Room overlooking the pool which was a good size but was missing some modern facilities that other hotels include like a music docking station or multi media facility. Breakfast at the hotel was as good as you could ask for and more. Overall a very enjoyable experience and the kudos of staying at the Versace adds to the experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank dcorbridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

It is a great hotel that in itself seems like a bit of a tourist attraction. The lobby and the rooms are amazing however when you look at some of the details some things are starting to show their age like the door handles look chipped and the wobbly coffe table. I was a little annoyed when turndown service didn't replace some of the toiletries that had been clearly used up I would have expected more a hotel of this calibre. The pool was small and there was little privacy to be had which was unfortunate however at night when the neon lights light up it makes the view of the pool spectacular. I would highly recommend pool view rooms.

• Stayed March 2012
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We have recently stayed at the Palazzo Versace on the Gold Coast for my wife's 50th Birthday. We had a Superior Room overlooking the pool which was very impressive.
Nickie Warton and the staff at the Palazzo were wonderful and we would thoroughly recommend this bit of paradise to anyone wishing to be pampered.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

My family stayed here on a four night short trip to the Gold Coast before my husband's conference (he went on to stay elsewhere after our stay).

Location: It is ot of the hustle and bustle of surfers. Which I think is good in some ways, bad in others. It costs about $15-20 to get a taxi to and from Surfers which is were everything is happening. It is a short walk to Sea World.

First Impression: It's not as grand as the photos make you believe when you drive up to the hotel but the hotel foyer is amazing.

Room: We stayed in a lagoon view room. It's smaller than other self-described small places I have stayed in the past. It is fully decked out in Versace which makes the room expensive, but when it's your own hotels brand, it probably cost them less than decking out the room in Target.

The bathroom didn't have a door (all open) and the toilet had a glass door that was basically see through apart from the Versace pattern on it. Not sure how people feel about doing their business with someone else basically in the room with them. Other rooms may be different.

Check-in: Check in was swift. But they don't tell you much about the place or anything you should know. All she did was swipe our credit card and ask us what we were doing for dinner. She suggested the most formal restaurant on site to which we declined (we had a one year old with us - we can't do fancy!) so she suggested 'casual' Vie. Bad Suggestion - it's not casual at all.

Housekeeping: They did the bare minimum required. We had about a centimetre of milk left in the small bottle after the first night. They didn't replace it during the entire stay. Nor did they replace coffee or tea on most days. They never through out empty shampoo bottles etc and didn't clean plates or mugs on most days. What we found incredibly frustrating was that when we got to the room, we only had two towels when three of us would be staying. So we got housekeeping and they sorted it out for us. However, every day they only replaced two towels and one person insinuated that we must have stolen it as they would have replaced the same number of towels as they had taken. So on the second last night, my husband lay out the towels on the bed so they could see three towels. They only replaced them with two. They also took my clean, unworn white dress on one occasion. I asked reception on my way out. No, I don't know what designer(!) it was. Isn't my explanation of the dress enough? How many dresses do they take out of people's rooms?? They located it and told me they would bring it up to my room. When I got to the room, I couldn't find it and thought I would just ask reception on my way out next time. I found it sitting behind the tv in a white bag. It wasn't clean anymore. I had packed lightly for the trip and because I couldn't wear it anymore, I was short one outfit for our stay.

Pool: The weather was bad (not raining) so the pool was basically empty. It was great! The lagoon pool was great.

Foyer eating area: Expensive coffees but really good. I had a tea on one occasion and it was undrinkable because they had put far too many tea leaves in it.

Overview: When travelling we usually stay at 5 star hotels like the Four Seasons. I am not sure why this was rated 6 stars (or even 5 to be honest). One of the reasons I love the Four Seasons is for its service. It is impeccable. They act as though they are pleased for you to stay at their hotel. With the Versace, I got the impression from most staff working there (especially reception) that you should be please to stay with them. Wrong attitude.

Room Tip: Lagoon or river view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
#2 of 22 in Broadbeach
4.5 of 5 stars 1,843 reviews
Meriton Serviced Apartments Aqua Street, Southport
Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach

Been to Palazzo Versace? Share your experiences!