“An absolute must if you like the finer things in life x x”
Review of Palazzo Versace

Palazzo Versace
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We recently stayed at PV for the night of our wedding and we got upgraded to a suite ..,.. Thanks

The rooms even the basic are very stylish, modern and luxurious.

When you walk through the front door you will smell beauty and the scene will match the scent.

I can never fault PV and the staff every time we stay is better than the last.

We have had minor issues which have been sorted promptly.

Do yourself a favour, save up of you have to and BOOK in.

Thanks again see you soon....... Amazing

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Piaburger
Write a ReviewReviews (2,112)

Reviewed November 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights.

My expectations were high of this establishment, as many reviews I have heard from friends. Here are my thoughts:

Beautiful lobby, courteous staff, especially concierge, nothing was too hard or difficult. Our room was luxurious, we booked the Superior Suite, though I know now that I should have asked for a lagoon view, as we were on the side of the Marina, our view was of a café, a little awkward in the mornings and on one particular night there was a live band playing, very distracting and made us want to leave the room, which was a little disappointing.

Pool facilities are wonderful, the staff possibly need a little more training on how to speak to guests. On one occasion while sun lounging by the pool I used a pillow from the day beds (I have a bad back) (nobody was sitting on them nor were they reserved) and a pool staff worker took this away from me, rather rudely. She told me she will bring me another cushion, I didn’t receive it until 2 hours later! And I really didn’t want to lay back on a couch cushion, kind of awkward in my opinion.

We had breakfast included in our package throughout our stay, very nice. Although I do think it would be nice to have pancakes and French toast freshly made, as the omelettes are, I had one particular wait staff ( I wish I knew his name), who was exceedingly polite to me after an incidence with another member of staff (I wont get into that). He was courteous and went out of his way to apologise on his behalf, when he really didn’t have to.

We also dined at Vanitas, and what a truly beautiful experience that was. The staff were wonderful, the chef is amazing. Its definitely a dining experience I wont forget, even the noisy 20 plus people that came in towards the end of our dinner didn’t spoil it, ok well they did, but I’m trying to pretend it didn’t happen. I wish we were made aware of such a large group dining there though, because it made us skip dessert. Had I known I would have booked an a different night.

The following things that happened are rather questionably. One morning when housekeeping came in to clean the room, we noticed that the tea cups we had drank out of were being washed in the bathroom basin. I didn’t see any detergent with her, lets just say I didn’t drink tea from my room after that!

I also decided the use the spa facilities for a little pick me up and when I got there I was told very rudely, that I needed to make an appointment to use the facilities. This is the first time I have ever heard of such a rule in a hotel. I think the way this process works, definitely needs to be looked into. Most importantly the girl that works there, needs an attitude check.

As part of our package, we also received a complimentary towel (we were under the impression it was 2, as we were a couple), are we supposed to share the towel?

All in all, this is a beautiful hotel, the furnishings are amazing, I loved the candles throughout the hotel, the exquisite scents that waft through the whole hotel, night time turn down, is a special touch with the kisses.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Dworld123
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Our Palazzo Versace experience was nothing short of sublime...
The room was beautiful, service impeccable and none of the attitude so often associated with luxury brand hotels.
The decor and marble was at first a bit gaudy but this is an environment to experience another world - not the environment we would want to live in - but certainly the look and feel of another world... Just loved it.
The biggest surprise by far was how exquisite the food was!!
Really really breathtaking...

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maxigoo
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Well, with the Sheraton under renovations at the moment all roads lead to the Versace if you want 5 star accommodation action in beautiful downtown Surfers Palestine ! Just flew back from 5 nights in one of the hotels "Imperial suites" which are fantastic ! If you have a fam then try a 3 br villa like we did a few months ago. These come with their own rooftop spa n BBQ area or plunge pool if you are not on top floor. If you are going villa make sure you request the left hand side block ( as you look out from reception) as some of the right hand side villas have a view of the car park which is not what you want ! At the moment the credit rating of the hospitality industry in the Gold coast has slipped from AAA to COD so you can negotiate a really good room rate ! Champagne taste on Coke Cola pockets is always a good thing ! Front of house culture is excellent and be prepared to look like you are "All Pop and plenty of fizz" even if you are really "all pop n no fizz! "

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 25, 2011

i saw a great deal for $249 in an upgraded room with a small juliette balcony for a night through travelzoo. despite this deal which is about 40% off the normal rate i still thought we were treated really well.

the service from check in to the girls around the pool and room service were all very good.

the only downside is i was looking forward to sitting out on the balcony overlooking the huge lagoon pool. however the juliette balcony is really just big doors that open up. my girlfriend was a bit disappointed

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2011

How can you say anything but WOW.. I have stayed a 3 times at this hotel, but I would almost call staying here as a experience more than anything. You will see everything is VERSACE.. pillows, funiture, glasses you drink from, the plates you eat off..
You will be treated like royality and nothing is a hassel or not available. The vitage versace models pictures all adorning the walls as you walk to your room. Everything is a conversation piece. The spa bath is huge, and lovely. The beds are comfy. The pool is indulgent with packages to choose from with champane, water spritzer, chocolate dipped strawberries ... The restaurant is really good too, with amazing service.
Go On Indulge... you know you want too.... :)

Room Tip: Try to upgrade to a deluxe suite, its worth the extra room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I just returned from the 5th stay at palazzo versace with my fiance, needless to say we are in love with the hotel.

The trip was a suprise for his birthday and we both enjoyed every minute of our stay!

What sets this hotel apart from others?
EVERYTHING! My fiance proposed here last year and all the staff were happy to help him plan what was a night to remember!

Staff do not hesitate to help.
There has NEVER been a staff memeber that i have dealt with in my 5 visits that has hesitated to my requests.
Being a guest since 2007 i can say the hotel stays true to its lavishing european style, but keeps suprising us with new personal touches such as the birthday greeting card for my fiance, or the lip shapped chocolates on our bed at turndown.

Should you wish to be spoilt, pampered and mesmerized this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed: June 2011
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Dear Eva,

Thank you so much for returning to Palazzo Versace and your wonderful review...and it sounds like there was another amazing suprise organised for your stay!

These suprise celebrations are always my favourite as they have such wow factor for our guests! The ambience is unique and special and our staff are always happy to be involved in any special occassion you would like to organise.

We are delighted you enjoy the Palazzo Versace experience so much and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,

Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
#8 of 33 in Surfers Paradise
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast

Been to Palazzo Versace? Share your experiences!