“Reliable and good”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Reliably good food and service and reasonably priced for Main Beach. My favourite is the veal. Stunning! Top of my list for MAin Beach.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

It's been a while since I've taken the time to write a review but tonight's dinner warranted one immediately!

We arrived in Main beach looking for a dinner venue and parked on the main road next to Provincial. First menu we looked at then wandered up and down the street at all the others all the while being drawn back. So glad we went with our first choice.
Hubby, myself and 6yr old had an amazing dinner!

Service was super friendly, not fussy and very accommodating (to my dislike of coriander).

Hubby and I shared a beef carpaccio for entree. Beautiful tender raw beef unlike what some restaurant claim to be carpaccio serving up air dried leather. Perhaps a bit peppery for me but I still managed to devour it with the fresh rucola, Parmesan and a wonderful gooey balsamic glaze.

I also enjoyed a delicious mohito while hubby sipped on red and master 6 had a fantastic children's meal. They had a separate menu for children where he chose fish and chips that came with a great tasty kids salad and the fish was so fresh and delicious I could easily have ordered the dish. In my top 3 of best kids meals ever! (Yes I'm one of those fussy mums who watches what goes in my child's mouth!)

For mains hubby had the gnocchi which just melted in your mouth. So light and fluffy, it was amazing. I enjoyed a sensational piece of barramundi coated in macadamia and coconut on a bed of risotto with bok Choy. Just beautiful! (Thank you for omitting the coriander).

We were full and thought we'd pass on the dessert however hubby opted for the lemon pie which at first we thought was a brûlée tart of some sort. It was creamy and dreamy! (Clique but true description!) Master 6 and I both managed to steal a bite and regretted not ordering our own. Dessert was washed down with a couple of lattes and although we sadly fly back to Sydney tomorrow I said to hubby that tonight's dinner was by far the culinary highlight of our getaway on the Gold Coast. Usually we dine in Broadbeach but so glad we ventured to Main Beach. Such a lovely ambience and a beautiful meal. Thank you Provincial!!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had dinner there last night. My starter was the mushroom and my wife had spring rolls. The spring rolls were not very tasty and the mushroom was quite small and hidden under many leaves and cheese.
I had the Lamb and my wife chicken. Both were very good. no problem with that.
The waitress was very friendly and helpful. However the the gentleman behind the bar counter that took the payment, should not work in a restaurant. I have never seen anyone with such dirty black nails in a restaurant before.
His hands looked as if he would be more at home servicing a diesel engine.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We have eaten before at Provincial. The food and service have been good. In fact Provincial is one of the best restaurants on Tedder Avenue. Today we returned for lunch. The restaurant was quite busy. We ordered bread and dips followed by mains. The bread and dips were brought out in reasonable time. However there was a very long wait for mains and we asked the friendly staff a couple of times how it was going. Eventually the mains arrived and were very good. I had the pork and duck risotto and my wife the gnocchi. When we came to pay the waitress advised the owner had said in the circumstances there would be no charge. This was more than necessary. A glass of wine would have sufficed. We will return for the good food and friendly staff.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I visited this restaurant with friends. I'm not a big eater, so ordered entree size scallops and a shared bowl of polenta chips. What I received on my plate was four (4) 10 cent size scallops with a little bit of decoration. The cost was $18.90. I left the restaurant still hungry. My friends all enjoyed their meals. Lesson: Don't order an entree here thinking it will suffice.

1  Thank StormAustralia