“Great staff, dinner & cruise very basic.”

Rivers Restaurant Cruises & Boat Charters
Brisbane River Dinner Cruise
Victoria, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great staff, dinner & cruise very basic.”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Overall it wasn't bad, it was just neither here or there. Firstly, staff were really friendly & helpful worked hard and will go out of their way, the DJ was trying hard to get the mood right but music was very 'Love boaty' & music choices were alittle cheesy.The boat was due to depart at 7.30pm but didn't leave till 8.15pm. The process for the buffet table was not very good at all, we weren't too fussed about missing out as staff kept bringing out more food, they had half of the people sitting on one side of the boat line up first, so we sat & watched them for 48mins before people around us had enough waiting & got in line for their food.Something was not right & staff did come up to apologise for the wait, you might feel like you bought the cheap seats (when you didn't) having to wait so long. Food was fine although the crab was dry & I don't think it was fresh at all.Going up to the dock there is a hand rail to hold onto, there were a gooey thick blobs that could had been there for awhile, scenery wise it was so dark outside, you can see plenty of apartment and building lights and once close enough to the shore some houses and roads.I'd recommend going if you don't mind a buffet style dinner on a boat, bear in mind the time the cruise is on as you might not see much at all whilst sharing the dock with smokers.

Visited December 2012
Laura J, Function Coordinator at Rivers Restaurant Cruises & Boat Charters, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I have passed on your comments to the crew so they can look at where we can improve in the future. If you are back in the coast in the future we would love to welcome you back onboard.

Gold Coast
“Great Night for everyone”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Thanks Rivers for an awesome night out for our Christmas Function for work. It's not always easy to please everyone all the time but in this case you were right on.

Great food, fantastic music and room to dance. Would reccomend to all.

Visited December 2012
Laura J, Function Coordinator at Rivers Restaurant Cruises & Boat Charters, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Sue, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent cruise. We are so pleased to hear you all had a great time. We would love to see you onboard again for next years Christmas party.
Fort St. John, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Dramatically Less Than Expected”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had a nice, quiet cruise in mind when we chose this particular vendor. Due to the time of year we encountered a few christmas parties on-board. This is understandable, unfortunatley for us, the idea of a Christmas Cruise/Dinner Party is actually very attractive and I would like to try this option for our office gatehring one day. That being said the noise was almost unbearable. The dinner was definitley not as advertised, as mentioned in previous reveiws, the words over-cooked and re-heated come to mind. It also lacked the "seafood" options that were highlitghted as main parts of the menu. The spread that is advertised in the literature was definitley not what we had to choose from onboard. We also chose Rivers because of the route and the advertised scenic escape that we would enjoy, unfortunatley when boarding commenced twighlight had set in and pitch black night had fallen before we were even underway. Our boarding time was 630pm, to which we struggled to meet due to the lack of signage or any direction towards the boat at all. Between us, the first 20 passengers, we managed to ask enough dock staff for directions and got to the appropriate location for boarding. Now at the boarding zone, we were denied access to the boat in a very rude manner and explained rather gruffly that it was not ready yet. One half hour behind schedule we were boarded, seated and very promptly served our initial round of drinks, the serving staff was top-notch and took care of our requsets quickly and accuratley. We departed from the dock more than an hour after adverised, 7pm in the literature, 8:10pm actual, and night had fallen. The cruise was ok, after being let down early it was hard to enjoy, I was put off right from the intial moment of struggling to find the appropriate berth and had no positive experience until we met our server. When I pay nealry $200 for a dinner and a cruise I would expect prompt, friendly service from all staff, not attitude. I also expect the dinner to be a cut above the average, cheap buffet that I was served. As for the veiws promised, this is not within the control of the staff, but a more honestly informative brochure is probably needed. Rivers Restaraunt Cruise is definitley not all of the glitz, glamour, spectacle or dining bliss portrayed in any of the literautre.

4 Thank GregMyhre
Laura J, Function Coordinator at Rivers Restaurant Cruises & Boat Charters, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear you did not have the amazing experience we want all our guests to have. November and December are busy months for Christmas parties and unfortunately this can sometimes impact the cruise for our smaller tables. While we try our best to seat guests so there is minimal disruption from larger groups, I'm sure you can appreciate that the noise from other tables is something that is difficult to control. With regards to the menu we have our current menu printed on our new brochures which will be available Monday. The menu on the current brochure is a sample menu and some dishes have changed since it was last printed. We always purchase the freshest produce possible and this can affect the dishes we serve. With regards to finding the boat we have had simular feedback from guests about difficulty finding our vessel. As a temporary measure our reservations team have been calling or texting clients prior to their cruise with directions. We do have signage at the wharf but the feedback we have had is that it is not very noticeable. We are getting new signage designed as we speak so hopefully we can avoid this issue in the future. My apologies if a member of the crew was rude prior to boarding, I can assure you this is most out of character for any of our staff and I have passed on your feedback to the Cruise Director. I am pleased to hear that the staff were 'top notch' the rest of the evening. As I said previously thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and if you visit the coast again we would love to welcome you onboard again.
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dinner cruise”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Paid for 2 window seats but whilst my partner rec a nice view I was put in a corner with no view and when asking the staff for a change of seats was told it was not possible. then the so called manger came over and was very rude about it all. So I dont advise anyone to waste their money on these guaranteed window seats as they are a load of rubbish and just another way to milk more money from you. The actual dinner cruise was nice but was marred by the start will never use this company again.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Tony_O163
Laura J, Function Coordinator at Rivers Restaurant Cruises & Boat Charters, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
I am sorry to hear we were unable to accommodate better window seats for you on Saturdays cruise. It was an extremely busy cruise and the window seats you were given were the best available. I heard that you received a full refund for the window seat charge and a complementary bottle of wine - I hope this helped with your disappointment. I hope you had a great break and would love to see you onboard again.
Agnes Water, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Excellent evening, 100% recommend”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We originally booked the Whale watching for my birthday but there was a technical issue on the day and as the season had ended the manager Cameron kindly booked us onto the dinner cruise instead. Our waitress was fantastic and one of the waitors was the same guy who was on our Whale watching boat, he remembered us and made the effort to come to our table, very personable and proffesional. The food was delicious, great atmosphere, perfect for couples or parties. Everyone had a great evening!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank melnoosa123
Laura J, Function Coordinator at Rivers Restaurant Cruises & Boat Charters, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your fantastic review. I am so pleased to hear you had a great time. I will pass your praise onto the crew who work so hard to ensure every guest has an enjoyable experience. We would love to see you onboard again soon!