“Up close and personal with Humpbacks!”

Sea World Whale Watch
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Sea World Whale Watch Cruise on the Gold Coast
Ranked #7 of 35 Tours in Main Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Sea World Whale Watch on the Gold Coast have taken the excitement and adventure of whale watching to a new level in Australia with their amazing on-board Whale Theatre Experience and purpose-built whale-friendly vessel-of-the-future “Spirit of Migloo”. Expert tour guides introduce guests to the world of the whales with an incredible array of custom-designed 3D whale movies, unique Real-Time Virtual Tour displays and the interactive wonder of listening to live whale songs. A superior level of luxury and comfort is combined with ultra-quiet low emission engines, toilet waste holding tanks and whale-friendly keel to ensure the whales are not harmed. And if your tour fails to sight a whale, Sea World Whale Watch provides a 100% refund.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I had an amazing time on the Sea World Whale watching trip. The boat is excellent; modern, clean, comfortable and as you learn on the trip, Whale friendly. The crew were first class too; everyone from the office staff to the captain were very friendly, knowledgeable and professional and make a real effort to give you the best experience they can during the trip.
We went on a very active day and saw 6 pods of Humpbacks and plenty of activity throughout the trip. The benefit of this boat is that it has been designed to be Whale friendly and as such is quieter and less intrusive to the Whales. This really showed with the amount of Whales we saw around the boat for pretty much the whole time out there. It was really noticeable that when one of the other tours came over to see what was happening, the 4 Whales that were lazily swimming along the surface disappeared underwater and only resurfaced after the noisier boat left.

The tour was excellent value for money and a great day out and I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone thinking of Whale watching from the Gold Coast.

All reviews
"sea conditions"
"dolphins swimming"
"available for purchase"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
"natural environment"

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Welcomed by bright and happy staff , a spotless wait area and toilets , once on board welcomed by informative and very knowledgeable young ladies who were very well dressed and oh so happy , we saw lots of whales , including a spectacular display of dorsals , which are not seen everyday , great refreshments available and again absolutely spotless toilets , seats , carpet not a spot of dust or rubbish , so we were enthralled by the young lady who gave a world class commentary throughout the trip , as a world traveler i have never heard better anywhere .

1  Thank gorman11
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I went out on the 10am tour on 3 August and had a brilliant morning!

First thing, booking the tour was easy. A few days before I'd planned to go, I had to phone and reschedule for a week later as I'd come down with a bad headcold (note: unless you have a cast iron stomach, you probably don't want to be out on the open water if you're already feeling sick!). The customer service rep I spoke to was wonderful (as expected) and there was no issue with rebooking for a later date. Too easy!

The boat - the Spirit of Migaloo - is really beautiful - there are various levels for viewing the whales and the inside cabin downstairs is incredibly comfortable. I've been on a few different whale watching boats and this is one of the Top 2.

We didn't see many whales on my tour - a pod of 2-3 then another pod of 2 I think - and not terribly close up but the thing to remember is that these are WILD ANIMALS. There are no guarantees that you're going to see them up close and personal (perfect example - the morning tour the Monday before I went had THE MOST INCREDIBLE experience! You can find the video on the Sea World Whale Watch Facebook page). Having said all that, even though we weren't terribly close I still consider it an absolute privilege to be able to view and experience these beautiful creatures in their natural habitat. And I have every intention of going again!

The weather/water conditions were overall pretty good (gorgeous sunny day!), though there was some swell. I do suffer some motion sickness but can speak personally that if you listen to staff and take the necessary precautions (sea sickness meds, etc) then you should hopefully be okay. (I was lucky and wasn't sick - others on my tour weren't so lucky.) The crew are AMAZING though - so very attentive and always asking if you're okay or if you need any help. Absolutely A+ to them!

I would definitely go with Sea World Whale Watch again (and am planning on it). Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We saw whales, yes. A very well run tour with Seaworld and their excellent staff. My mum has mobility problems and the staff were so helpful in making this a day to remember for us all.

1  Thank Ron P