“Amazing experience!”

$76.26*
Sea World Whale Watch Cruise on the Gold Coast
Ranked #8 of 35 Tours in Main Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Sea World Whale Watch on the Gold Coast have taken the excitement and adventure of whale watching to a new level in Australia with their amazing on-board Whale Theatre Experience and purpose-built whale-friendly vessel-of-the-future “Spirit of Migloo”. Expert tour guides introduce guests to the world of the whales with an incredible array of custom-designed 3D whale movies, unique Real-Time Virtual Tour displays and the interactive wonder of listening to live whale songs. A superior level of luxury and comfort is combined with ultra-quiet low emission engines, toilet waste holding tanks and whale-friendly keel to ensure the whales are not harmed. And if your tour fails to sight a whale, Sea World Whale Watch provides a 100% refund.
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

My 4 y/o son and i booked on a tour for something different and boy was i suprised!! Not only was the vessel extremely large... It was so luxurious and very well maintained. It was my first time on a boat and wouldnt you beleive it... I got seasick!! But the crew were amazing!! Looking after me and making sure i constintly had an empty bag in front of me. And i would like to say a HUGE thank you to Carlee who took my son out on deck to see the mother and calf humpback whales when i couldnt. Apart from beibg sick... The sights were amazing, we saw dolphins and humpback whales and the price was worth the experience! I got prices from a few places and found Seaworld was the best and i can honesly say so was the experience!!! Definatly something to do again!!! THANK YOU TO THE WONDERFUL STAFF AND CREW... KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC SERVICE!!!

1  Thank smiley121

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Absolutely FANTASTIC! It's not cheap to go on a whale watching tour, but it was great fun for the family. The crew were very professional (though boarding the boat could be better managed as the crowd didn't line up!) and we spotted many whales and dolphins on this trip!
Two Thumbs up! Make sure you go during the whale watching season.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were there in sept with our 3 kids aged 4,8 and 9. We bought the combo package with sea world and it was a gd deal. The tour was informative and professionally presented. The whales were sighted very shortly into the tour and it was awesomely amazing as we saw three humpbacks together. After the half day whale watching we had other plans so we utilized the sea world pass the next day. The reception at the Seaworld whale watch was superb. My kids left behind a water bottle and cap, and they were quick to email me that I could collect it anytime. The staff were attentive as I have no idea how they know the items belong to my kids being a cruise with a substantial number of tourists. The crew on board were very friendly, our family was the last to board the cruise as we were lost and they waited patiently for us and were very understanding to our difficulties. It was an unforgettable trip for my family!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We went on the afternoon whale watch trip on Fathers Day. It was the most incredible experience. All staff from the initial phone call, to check in, to those on the boat were friendly professional and knowledgeable. We saw many whales and the boat was huge and gave everyone room to view these magnificent creatures. I have been on another company's cruise a few years ago and it does not even remotely compare to what Sea World Whale Watch offer.
The seas were rough but the boat large and stable and sea sickness tablets on offer if you wish.
We saw a turtle, several groups of whales very close to the boat and on the way home a whale breached over and over again. Totally exhilarating experience ! Had a coffee and cake at the venue afterwards and that was lovely too. Only negative is parking at Sea World very limited at the time the cruise goes so can be stressful.

SeaWorldWhaleWatch, Guest Relations Manager at Sea World Whale Watch, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for your kind words! We're happy to hear how much you enjoyed your whale watching experience with Sea World Whale Watch.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have attempted whale watching tours before with limited success. This one comes with a guarantee...no whales gives you a full refund.
I was not dissappointed, the stars of the show came out to play. The humpback whales were amazing.
Our trip began with a very informative large screen presentation followed by continuing narrative and directions from the great experienced and friendly staff. I particularly enjoyed listening to the 'whale-song' heard from the underwater microphone.
I would suggest that people accept the offer of Ginger tablets for motion sensitivity. Once out on the open water the swell can be challenging (Staff are very supportive for those who struggle)
The complimentary pick-up service is a bonus for visitors.

Thank you for posting your photos and letting us know how much you enjoyed the experience. It's always special when we can place our hydrophone in the water and hear the whales sing.