“Yum yum yum!!”

Ribs and Rumps Marina Mirage
Reserve with
Ribs and Rumps Marina Mirage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 73 Restaurants in Main Beach
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tel: 07 5591 1677
“Yum yum yum!!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Really nice atmosphere, beautiful food - massive portions, the rib sauce omg yum! There is something for everyone on the menu, great service and pram friendly! Will go back for sure!

• Visited November 2012

Brisbane, Australia
“Average, not as good as I'd hoped.”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The decor was nice & the staff were friendly. But the food was average at best. My first thought was that they were using old meat or simply don't use the best suppliers.

It's not difficult to make wings, rumps & burgers taste good. But somehow their chef struggles...

It was only lunch, perhaps the dinner chefs are better?

I'd think about trying them for dinner, but it just doesn't seem to be a place that takes pride in their food. I'd describe it as an upmarket Sizzler, with that bland, franchised approach to cooking.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank TrySmiling
Brisbane, Australia
“This should not have happened”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We arrived at the restaurant and were greeted by a friendly hostess who showed us to a table we had reserved. This was, unfortunately, the highlight of our evening.

The restaurant was full of the hustle and bustle of a successful eating establishment. We placed our orders; ribs for me and Wagu beef steak for my wife. It took 90 minutes for our food to arrive. Although we enjoyed our conversation, this was far too long. Our waitress stopped at our table a couple of times and apologised, “I’m very sorry”, she said “but we’re just incredibly busy”. I’ve never liked this line. I thought restaurants wanted to be busy. It is a variation on the “if it weren’t for customers, we’d run a great business”.

Our meals did finally arrive. My wife had ordered her steak ‘rare’. It wasn’t. She made comment to the waitress who agreed and took it back to the kitchen. Then someone else came from the kitchen with the same steak and an explanation from the chef: “the steak is rare. Wagu beef could not be cooked any more rare”. Believe me, it wasn’t rare. “Would you like us to prepare another”? My wife declined, not wanting to wait for another 90 minutes and then eat without me.

My ribs were OK. Nothing special.

This is not an inexpensive restaurant, as you will read in other reviews. And that is OK if your food and service are aligned with that price. But in this case, on this night, the food and service fell far short of the price charged.

• Visited March 2013
GOLD COAST
“brothers birthday”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great place for a gathering, huge dishes bring your appetite. Go for the ribs you wont be disappointed.

Visited June 2012
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Staff were pleasant , but not knowledgable . Steaks were not top quality , went for my sons birthday , he travelled from beau desert , not worth the trip and overpriced for standard of meals . Will not try again !!