“Avoid this restaurant at all costs”
Review of Marina Mazzat - CLOSED

Marina Mazzat
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Avoid this restaurant at all costs. I went there with 2 friends, I ordered the paella, my friends ordered the scotch fillet steak and the shawarma lamb.
The paella basically tasted like someone had just poured an entire can of tomato paste into rice. The seafood in it was undeniably rancid. I regrettably tried 1 piece of each seafood included (prawns, mussels, calamari, and something else that was unrecognizable) in the hope that I would have something edible on the plate but I was left with one question.. What did I do to deserve a meal like this? I must have committed genocide in my past life.
My friend's "medium rare" scotch fillet steak was beyond well done and consisted of at least 20% fat and gristle and ~80% of the chewiest meat imaginable. His attempt to eat it resulting in wads of napkins full of chewed up steak. The sharwarma lamb was also subpar... over cooked and the sauce was wretched. No one finished their meals.
After dinner I walked straight into the adjacent shopping mall toilet where I spent 10 minutes on my knees vomiting from the stomach cramps maliciously inflicted on me by Marina Mazzat. Don't make the mistake I made.
Do not eat here, Just keep walking.. This food will ruin your night.

Sam S, Owner at Marina Mazzat, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Dear valued customer;
I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the meal you and your friends had at our restaurant, this is very unusual and contrary to our principles that we strive to make every effort in the sake of pleasing our customers whether being the food or service in the littlest detail. I understand that there might have been a misunderstanding with taking the order and the meat was not cooked to the right temperature and we apologise for that. We do get a premium grade Scotch fillet though. I wish you drew our attention to the fact that you had a remark or that there is something you are not happy with, we could have fixed the problem and would not let you leave the restaurant without being 100% happy about it. We are friendly people and not enemies and your satisfaction is our priority. What happened to the old saying: “ if you are not happy please tell us, and if you are, please tell others” . We do get lots and lots of compliments from happy customers thanking us for the lovely meals. Never the less we strive to have all of our customers to be happy customers, so I apologise again and extend an invitation to you and your friends to come back and I’ll make sure I will look after your table myself, same with all my repeat and new customers I say: “ please let us know of your complaint and we shall fix it on the spot” we are so confident about our quality of food and service that we have a policy of not charging for any meal you are not happy with, plus a free replacement. I thank you and hope to see you soon.
Kind Regards
Sam

Reviewed January 17, 2012

A big disagree with "terribles" comment check your grammer and sentence structure before critising.

I have to say that this is the best Lebanese restaurant on the Gold Coast. The food is very tasty, authentic and fresh. I am of Lebanese background and Mazzat really reminded me of being back in Lebanon. If you are visting the GC and looking for Lebanese food then this is a must try. The service is also very good and the owners a very friendy and really make you feel welcome. We have been there a few times on a sat night and have had a great time with the belly dancer. My friends and I are regular customers.

2  Thank RasheedGoldCoast
Reviewed January 8, 2012

The service at the restaurant didn't have the medditanian appeal most of the staff were arigant the food was nothing like Lebanese food salad horrible the baba gonouge out off cans no flavour the sausages were off the shelf at Coles houmoss was revolting the owner get rid of ur unprofessional staff u have a good location u need to invest on a real lebanese chef u will make a quid

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Had a great dinner here. Food is very tasteful and fresh. Extensive menu at reasobale prices. Location right on the water of the Marina and a nice Mediterranean feel and atmosphere Value for money. Beats many Tedder Avenue Restaurants close by hands down. We will certainly come back regularly.

2  Thank Johmain
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We arrived and within 5 minutes we had half a glass of wine. Another 5 minutes later we had the following on the table:
2 x side plates with dips, 4 dolmades, 4 small falafels, chopped tomoato and parsley, 2 very small lamb kebabs (size of a thin and small sausage) and flat berad wrapped inplastic.
The service was basic and staff were not able to tell me what was included in the order or even what flavour the dips were. The food that was presented was what I would call an entree or a platter at best and absoltely no way would anyone pay $79 to have this food. The advertising on the voucher is misleading and implies a feast of beautiful food. It states 6 dishes of food - the general population would not consider a single serve of dip a dish.
This was a birthday treat and an opportunity to enjoy a romantic date by absorbing the culture and enjoythe food - unfortunately this was not the case. We were finished after 40minutes and left as disgruntled customers.