Having stayed at the Gold Coast several times before his trip, I wasn't particularly looking forward to it. We had passes to the worlds however and wanted to take the kids. 4.5 and 2yo. I have a particular distaste to SurfersParidise and don't think much of Broadbeach. Great for schoolies but horrible for families with young kids. Main Beach is the oasis of the Gold Coast and our stay at Oscar on Main changed my view of the Gold coast. The area is clean, well mantained, and free of the schoolies and overweight, tattooed, swearing morons you find at Surfers Paradise.
While not the cheapest place to stay, it is worth the extra few hundred dollarsto stay here. Proximity to thebeach is great. Proximity to Tedder Ave shops is brilliant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully air-conditioned and spacious 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments. Oscar on Main captures the spirit and essence of fabulous Main Beach in every facet. Our first class 4.5 star resort is just a short stroll from Australia's famous Gold Coast beaches and many local Gold Coast attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oscar On Main reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oscar On Main Hotel Main Beach
- Oscar On Main Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia