“the best fish and chips !”

Peter's Fish Market
Ranked #4 of 76 Restaurants in Main Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed August 15, 2014

A wonderful experience ~ an array of fabulous seafood to devour.
I love their hot fish and chips.
Though my absolute favourite is battered sea scallops.
You can sit down outside and watch the sunset over the Broadwater.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I found the fish dry and overcooked,chips were very ordinary and the price very expensive. I've had better feeds in small country fish and chip shops .definitely will not be a return customer.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Great options for a local fish shop including upper scale items like lobster and scallop. Also good to just buy your fresh seafood and cook at home. Very crowded, to the point that they limit entrance into the store. Eating areas could be cleaner and bathrooms arent great.

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We have been here 3 times now and think its great but ya gotta go when the crowds are down as it can get really busy! We went today and chose fresh snapper to get cooked was yum!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

visited this place so many times and it remains an old favourite. If we get friends from overseas or just not from the Brisbane/Gold Coast region, this is the first place we take them. You just don't get fresher fish than this.
I love how you can pick your own fish and get it crumbed/etc - I usually get grilled instead to enjoy the full flavour of the fish. Calamari is just delish, the mussels are so good I usually buy a couple containers to take home with me, kilpatrick oysters are perfect and juicy and bacon-ey, prawns are the best prawns period.
Honestly I don't know what it is about this place. It's small, but always busy; waiting times are long, but it's part of the package, part of the deal. This place is one I return to again and again, and it never disappoints - not because of anything fancy, just because of the fish. Fresh, I tell you.