“Long awaited family holiday”

Ashmore Palms Holiday Village
Ranked #1 of 1 Ashmore B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Accom was very clean, good activities for children. Staff extremely helpful. Would recommend as a family destination.

1  Thank FoxsOnTour

Reviewed August 21, 2009

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we could not fault the staff or facilities at Ashmore Palms Holiday Village. On arrival, we were informed of local take away and supermarkets and the children activities available for our stay. The staff were always friendly and courteous, willing to help with information, bookings and any problem which occurred with our accommodation.

We loved the macaws, pool and kids playgrounds. Our children loved the activities that they went to, especially the bird feeding. Our Family Deluxe Villa was very clean and well set out. It was great to have the facilities to cook as well as a place for us to relax on the sofas. The pools were lovely, and so was the rainforest walk. Our boys loved Macca's Madhouse which was close to the laundry. It is a short drive to theme parks and central Surfers Paradise. We will definitely be back to have a family holiday in the future.

1  Thank Louise-Graham
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Cant wait to go back to Ashmore Palms .The staff( all) made us feel so welcome.The whole park was just so beautiful.It was great to walk around and see so many families laughing and having fun .Our son has not stopped talking about the macaw birds ,the mushroon lagoon and maccas madhouse playground.Nothing was ever a bother to the staff they were so friendly .It was great to have 2 shopping centres just 5 mins drive from village.Cant say thankyou enough for making our first family holiday very memorable and look forward to returning in 2010.And thankyou again for our upgrade to the family villa look forward to seeing you agaun in 2010 Sharon and Carl

1  Thank sharonwilliams72
Reviewed August 13, 2009

My wife and I paid a month in advance to stay at the Ashmore Palms in a semi-permanent cabin while we were looking for a place to settle on the Gold Coast. Things were ok until we hired a van to move our belongings to our new apartment. I parked the van at the front of the cabin in order to load our gear. While we were inside, the manager (a female named Jan, I believe) drives past in a golf buggy and yells out from the road, "Hey, you in there. Move this thing!"

I had been careful to park as far off the road as possible to leave enough space for cars to drive past. I walked out to this 'manager' who was snarling at me in a totally aggressive way telling me I was not allowed to park on the grass! I was shocked to be spoken to like this. Venomous is how I would describe it, and way out of proportion to such a minor issue. A polite request to move the van, if it was that bloody serious, would have sufficed.

I explained to her it was only for 15 minutes while we were loading and she grudgingly conceded it was ok if it was 'only for that long' and drove off. After I regained my equilibrium I thought it was fair to challenge her on this behaviour and went to reception to do so. At the reception desk I calmly said to her, "I don't care if you're the boss here, don't ever speak to me like that again." She immediately flared up and started raising her voice at me again.

I had earlier in our stay spoken to the owner of the premises and complimented him on the place so I informed her I would be speaking to him about the issue. She replied, 'I'll go and get him right now if you like. He'll sort you out.' I replied with, 'Go ahead,' and waited outside reception.

It was way over ten minutes before the owner appeared so no doubt this 'manager' had been in the owner's ear embellishing her version of events. How would I know this? Because the owner walks out with three male staff in tow bearing down on me!! He then launches into a spiel about how it was 'his property', and 'we make the rules here' and on and on about no parking on the grass. Incredible.

I stood there patiently letting him have his say and he then started moving closer and closer into my personal space until he was leaning into me about six inches from my face. When he started to repeat himself, I interrupted and said, 'I understand all that, the issue is about the way I was spoken too.' He backs off then, with a realization that maybe he doesn't know the full story.

I begin to tell him how the 'manager' had been speaking to me and straight away she shouts over the top of me before I can finish my sentence denying what she had said. I'd had enough. I said to him, 'It was totally disrespectful.’, and walked away. Even then she was shouting after me, 'Well I don't like to way you talk to me!' I just kept walking. Pathetic.

The next day my wife and I had to carry the rest of our gear, in the rain, to the car park 100 metres away.

All of this was after putting up with other guests drinking alcohol outside the next cabin around sundown at least three times a week. We sat down to dinner to the sound of loud voices and swearing getting worse as more alcohol was consumed. Turns out they were permanent residents of the place that were all smiles and waves with the management.

Do yourself a favour and stay well away. It’s at the end of a road in an industrial park and nowhere near a beach! Nasty.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
39  Thank TheGardener01
Reviewed July 31, 2009

What a great base for a Gold Coast holiday. Close ot all services including shops; great facitities for kids activities with playgrounds, swimming pools and organised activities.

Also close to major motorway to Brisbane & Sunshne Coast (Aust Zoo less than 2 hours by car from here); and handy to Gold Coast without the hussle.

Quiet base for unwinding. Accommodation and service great and varied to suit all needs.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank TexAdelaide
Reviewed July 26, 2009

Good location if you have a rental car as Ashmore Palms is situated close to the Gold Coast beaches but more within driving rather than walking distance. Accommodation is clean and tidy but fairly basic cabins. MacCaw Mansion is a lot nicer than the other cabins. Excellent facilities for children however. Playgrounds and two lovely swimming pools. Also daily morning activities for the kids which gives them something to do.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank LisaMcM
Reviewed July 15, 2009

My daughters and l had stayed at Ashmore Palms before, and loved staying here, we are going back in Jan 2010 again, and we looking forward to staying for two weeks again, I would recommend this place to anyone with children of all ages, as this is such an amazing place, the staff go out of their way to help you, there is so much to see and do at Ashmore, and the surroundings are beautiful, peaceful, the pools are fabulous,, lovely grounds to walk around, And not near noisy traffic, orgainse activities for the children and day trips with a bus for the use of the patrons at Ashmore.
This is one pleace that l can recommend to anyone with children of all ages

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank klb43
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashmore
RACV Royal Pines Resort Gold Coast
#10 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Alpha Sovereign Hotel
Alpha Sovereign Hotel
#17 of 31 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Ashmore Palms Holiday Village? Share your experiences!