“worth the money but I wouldn't go back!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Ashmore Tavern

Ashmore Tavern
Ranked #6 of 46 Restaurants in Ashmore
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: a pub/tavern in Ashmore, that I would like to write a review on.
Gold coast QLD
“worth the money but I wouldn't go back!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I dined here in june and ordered pork ribs my partner ordered salmon.
whist the meal was HUGE! it was cold and took over 45 mins to come out to us! after waiting 20 mins just to order ..it wasn't busy there was only one person in front, but the lady at the front couldn't work the computer. it was too much effort for the staff to remove something of my order eg swap chips for mash, we had to buy mash separate and still have chips salad. before me the lady very Rudely told the customer to re order of the dinner menu (she accidentally chose something of the lunch one) the atmosphere is not nice, the bar is in the middle of the restaurant. sit down bar so very noisy. basicly to sum it up..was it worth the money...yes...would i eat there again NO!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank doglover32

“Delicious spaghetti marinara and a huge Parma”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We went to the bistro on a Tuesday night two adults and three kids. Kids eat free there was only our table and one other so we were a bit worried but the kids meals came out and the kids loved them and they were a nice size and then our mains came out my husband loved his Parma and claimed they were the best chips he has had for ages. I had spaghetti marinara and it was really tasty and full of seafood. There was a lady doing face painting and balloon making and with the xboxes kept the kids busy.value for money.

• Visited May 2013
Ashmore, Australia
“Quality of food was a let down!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We visited the Tavern on a Sunday specifically to get the Roast Dinner.

When we arrived and went to the bar we asked if there were non alcoholic beers available. The bar person told us they had light beer or ginger beer- neither are non alcoholic. I ordered a glass of white wine, I was told they no longer have that one! So staff need to be trained on the bar and wine lists need updating.

We ordered the Super sized Roasts with double helping of everything. I had chicken and my partner beef. They food was bought out extremely quickly (sometimes not such a good thing) and they were generous helpings. My chicken however looked very anaemic. My partner said his beef was ok but both were pretty much cold when they arrived.

We don't mind the place and have had average pub meals there before. Just won't bother going there for Roasts again.

• Visited April 2013
Perth, Australia
“Quantity doesn't substitute quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We visited whilst on holiday with 3 adults and 4 kids. The food prices were good, especially for the kids meals and a good selection to choice from.
When the meals were served, we were amazed with the size of the servings.
The place was clean, service was friendly and a special area for kids was a treat.
Unfortunately the quality of the food let it all down.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Brad G
Tauranga
“Not bad but not good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Meals are cheap but avoid the specials.
I had soggy barramundi and chips/salad - my mate ordered a steak and it was fantastic.
Good bar, great pokies and easy on the pocket

Visited March 2013