“Not impressed”

Pizzeria Don Angelo
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Oxenford
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Don Angelo's is one of the hidden treasures of the Gold Coast. Situated in Oxenford, this fully licensed Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria has been renowned for its authentic healthy stone baked pizzas, beautiful Mediterranean style food and the cosy warm and friendly alfresco style dining ambiance. Our extensive menu can be viewed on our website and is also offered as take away. Our pastas are wholesome and sauces individually made which allows for optional changes to meet your palate and guaranteed freshness with each meal . Our service is exceptional and the atmosphere is exactly how a traditional Italian restaurant should be - lots of laughing, lots of eating and customers being treated like they are visitors in our home. You can choose to sit inside or out (depending on availability) and now that the inside has been fully renovated, it also offers a traditional feel of Italy. Children are welcome and are made feel part of the ambiance or our restaurant Our main opening hours are Tuesday to Sunday from 5pm till late. Bookings are strongly advised and large groups are able to be catered for. Reservations can be made by phone or by email anytime. We are also able to hold private functions 7 days a week. Make the time to come and experience our restaurant, you won't be disappointed!
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Would not recommend ... Food tasteless I would rather pay more for better quality friend had pizza very disappointed tomato bread bland , not over friendly especially when asked for three separate bills

1  Thank Rugley

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Ordered take-away pizzas last night (stayed in b&b nearby) and it was the best pizza I ever had. Restaurant was fully booked and they had a busy night (waiting time 45mins for take-away) but it was worth it!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Consistantly the best quality pizza I have ever had in all my sixty years.
Please tell him RICK sent you and you want Ricks Special Delecasa With King Prawns & or Chicken Breast With Mushrooms both are Amazing !!!

You can create your own and he is Happy to accommodate !
Also eat in steaks are amazing.
Tony is the proprietor and the man at the front of house
I have lived in or visited every Australian state and have lived overseas and love good food and this is Gourmet Pizza at its best.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Don Angelos many times and have never been disappointed! The service is fantastic and the owners Cees and Liesbeth really make you feel welcome. If you are lucky enough to chat with them they have a very interesting story.

The food is just fantastic and the serving sizes are massive. There are also always a lot of staff and you realy feel as though you get personal service.

My favourite dish is the Gnocchi Mirusia, a rich dish with many flavours. I cannot help but order this everytime! it has prawns, chicken, spinach, sundried tomatoes in a rich white wine sauce with parmesan cheese. This is followed closely by their fresh Greek Salad.
All their food is fresh and made in house.

They have also tried really hard to make their restaurant cozy with lights and decorations. It's not easy being squeezed into a local shopping centre but I feel they have done very well.

I would say this is the best Italian restaurant at the Gold Coast, and I have really been to many!

I would definately recommend this one.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

we had a meal here on Sat 17th ,very very slow service waited nearly an hour for food, the food was ok but not great after waiting so long was disappointed

2  Thank familyhols9