“good and bad in the same time”
Review of Pallas Hotel

Pallas Hotel
Ranked #5 of 73 Hotels in Laganas
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This hotel had some strong points and some weak points as follows:
Strong - clean, rooms quite ok, large, sheets changed, towels changed, fridge, hairdryer balcony with table and chairs and the maid was cleaning the room every day.Good breakfast, nice terrace and bar,clean pool and tiny jacuzzi.
Weak - extremely noisy even though you are far away from the terraces and clubs, the little bar from the hotel has very loud music and even more louder drunktards especially after 1 AM, Have complained about this but nothing was done, just a promise that the music will be turned off at 11PM which never happened during my stay. Quite away from the main road and the beach about 20 min walk to get to beach.Good places to eat - taverna Thasos on the beach and Dionysos taverna just near the Ionian Restaurant for a nice gyros. The beach is much better if your go to the left and we also got sunbeds from Rita’s which were great (had mattresses) and only costed 5 Eur for 2 beds and an umbrella. Rita’s also a nice place to eat if you want a good Gyros.
Just in front of the hotel there is a bus stop for Sarakina taverna, the place is beautiful but the prices and the food not so great. They have Greek live music and dancers which make a nice atmosphere.

Room Tip: do not chose a room with view to the pool!it is extremely noisy
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AndruskM

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Myself and my friend both stayed here for 10 nights from the end of July- beginning of August. We're two 18 year old girls on our first holiday away together and decided to stay at Pallas. Once we got to Pallas at 7am we were told we couldn't check in until 12 and baring in mind we had just had a night flight, we were exhausted however we assumed this would be the case anyway. We were given breakfast and checked in at half 10 which we were happy about. We had paid for half board so that included cooked food for breakfast however we missed it most mornings! The dinner was good, they had various vegetarian options as well as meat. Other than Pedro, the security guy, everyone was lovely! the owner of the hotel is the cutest old man ever, always friendly and smiling. Pedro was rude but that was just his mannerisms and if you respect the hotel owners and treat them well then you receive the same back. The maids changed the sheets once, the pool was nice and there were always enough sun loungers however the location is a mile from the beach and in 40 degree heat, the walk back is tiring. coming back to the hotels at night we got taxis most of the time as it was the quickest and safest option. Next year we're looking to go back to Zante but we're hoping to find a hotel nearer the beach and the events.

Room Tip: We choose a high floor in the other building, the rooms upstairs seemed to be nicer.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I have just returned back from Zante after staying for a week in Pallas. I am a 21 year old girl and went with another 5 girls of my age.. This was our first time to Zante so we have no other hotels to really compare to! But I would say it's done pretty well regardless!

On arrival at about 8am local time, due to an early morning flight we were shattered and went to Check in. We had two rooms of 3 booked for all inclusive. However, my room was not ready until 12pm (with no reason giving why) but the second lot of our party were allowed there's immediately.
We weren't best pleased with this as we all booked together and could not understand why and when you have been up awake on a plane half the night you just want to unpack and relax by the pool...
In addition to this, the communication of the hotel was terrible (barely any English and what English they did speak they were ignorant to what you said).
But rather than start the holiday on a negative note we just dumped our bags in the one room we had been given and hit the strip to look around.

We had been told the hotel is situated not far from the strip, which was true it was about 5/10 min walk, not bad at all. I wont winge about the distance because I personally enjoyed the walk.
However the name 'rape alley' what we had been made aware of didn't calm our nerves on the first night!
On a day time it is fine to walk no problem. The first night of our stay we didn't make have any extra friends so it was 6 euros for a taxi to the strip. Obviously we had to get two for the 6 of us, so if you were doing this every night it does tend to get expensive as it is always 6 euros flat rate! X2 journeys...
Luckily we made a massive group of friends with lots of young strong lads so we walked down in groups most nights! It's definitely fine if you have a group with boys in and there's at least 6/7+ of you!

Well the food. The breakfast wasn't too great - cereal & bread etc was fine. Full English is disappointing. But with us being out til the early hours we barely saw it anyway! Dinner - buffet outside on the bar. Very nice. Lovely pastas, salad. Burgers and always chips things etc for picky eaters. People said it was repetitive but I didn't mind, the things I liked was always available so I always had something to pick at.
Tea was again a buffet and more varied choice than dinner as it was in the restaurant.
Food overall I was quite happy with :)

The rooms weren't badly furnished. Quite modern & clean and the beds were comfy enough! Apart from the campbed we had for our third person squished in the corner - we all fought not to have that!

DO NOT get air con. 50 euros for one week and it blew out hot air! Was a nightmare for the whole holiday. And with the key you have, once you take it out to go out it turns off anyway so your room is always a sauna when you return!
Luckily we never got robbed and did buy a safe for 10 euros for the week, but we left our patio door open most nights as our room faced the pool. It was either get robbed or die of over heating! We were lucky nothing ever went missing.

The service at the hotel is not great. Pedro (Robocop) is not as bad as reviews have made out. He took quite a shining to us. We always spoke to him well & had a joke on with him so we got smiles & high fives off him! And a hug when we left! He was even okay when we had to get the master key off him twice due to one of us passing out in the room (only one key so this is a nightmare)
Don't take it out with you! They aren't good with any losing of keys. So much easier to leave at reception!

However the staff are all very poorly spoken with English and quite ignorant in the fact they don't tolerate young - although it's the majority of their guests!
Make you leave your passport & key at reception, shouted at to go to bed when you get in, pace the grounds and watch you. Quite off putting at times when you want to have a bit crack in with your mates from the hotel after all the bars have shut.

Lastly, the barmaid Kirsty was spot on. Young, bubbly and a great friend. Always come out with us on a night and made sure we felt welcome as mates not just as guests. Cracking lass!

All in all I loved my stay in Zante & wish I was back! Some bad points to Pallas and I would probably try somewhere else in future but definitely could have been worse! Excellent holiday! :)

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank samh18
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Myself and 2 friends aged 21-23 all girls stayed self catering for 10 days at Pallas. We arrived at 6am and were greeted by Pedro the security guard, he's a quite and reserved type but as long as you behave and don't make a racket he warms to you, he would even phone my friends and I a taxi to save us using the pay phone in the reception and when we asked him for a bottle opener one night he opened the bottles for us on his bracelet (god knows how). Our room was small with only a minibar when we were supposed to have a kitchenette. We slept on it and when we enquirer about it when we woke up they moved our room with no fuss at all. Our room was what you would expect for the money, small and basic but very clean and had what we needed! The 3rd bed was a camp bed which sunk further and further as the holiday went on but nothing unbearable to people who aren't too fussy!

The pool is lovely and the jacuzzi is a treat to just sit and chill, there were always plenty of beds and parasols at the pool as well. The pool bar had a great selection of drinks and regular pool food, everything was a bit beige but we only ate there a couple of times.

The only downfall to the hotel is the dark road that leads to it, a five minute walk to the strip and fine during the day but a bit dodgy at night! We got taxis after dark and to the beach as it was quite a walk in the heat of the day but at 6 euro between us it wasn't a huge loss and considering the hotel was quiet when you needed it to be it was probably worth it!

Our experience was clearly very different from some of the other people on here but overall the hotel was great and staff were all really nice and always say hi! Would recommend self catering as the food is so cheap on and around the main road in laganas! Would definitely stay again!

1  Thank Laurb1991
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Myself and one of my mates stayed in this hotel for 11 nights not only did we receive a great service but the cleanliness of the hotel was out standing. The bar staff Kirsty was very welcoming and chatty and always up for a laugh and even came out a few nights with us after her shift. However the security guard "robocop" was shocking he was handing the master key out to other guests in the hotel I woke up twice with someone lying on my floor when both my balcony door and front door were locked. Although I was drunk I most nights I can remember coming in and who was staying in my room. Also after a night out I opened my balcony doors up and had robocop shouting at me in Spanish never the less I just laughed until 5 minutes later he walked with a new guest that had just checked in and smacked him across the back of the head and neck. Also other girls we had met had an issue with the security guard as they came home to find a boy passed out on there floor covered in blood as he had split his head open on one of the units to be told by robocop that it was their fault. This hotel has a very high standard of service and I would recommend it to Anyone the rep Emily was superb and explained where everything was clearly. I loved my holiday and met amazing people and will definitely be returning to this hotel next year but will be requesting a third floor room :)

Reviewed August 3, 2013

After being on a bus around every hotel in zante after getting of the plane, we knew straight away that this was one of the better hotels and we were right! 7 of us went for a weeks partying and this is the perfect place for anyone looking to do the same sort of thing! we went half board and it was worth it except we didn't eat breakfast at all because we were either still out clubbing or had just hit the pillow but we ate dinner every night at 7pm which was always good quality, standard food which anyone would like. The rooms were great and the hotel always has such a chilled out vibe during the day with people just chilling in the pool with drinks and music playing fairly loudly! as long as you respect the owners and workers they will show you a lot of respect back and are actually very friendly and like do have a good old chat now and then! Well worth it and I would recommend it to anybody going to zante for the same reason we did! Wouldn't recommend it for a family though as its just full of young people and party music all day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alan J
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I've just got back from a weeks stay at the hotel with a group of 7 18 year old girls. Upon arrival we was greeted by our rep emily who is such a fun character and a really helpful person, we was self catering and in our rooms was a small kitchen hidden in what looked like a cupboard. The rooms are average, but we didn't exactly expect 5 star luxury as we would hardly be in the rooms anyway. The hotel seemed to be much nicer than the others we passed on the transfer to the airport. Although one bad thing i have to point out is the placement of the hotel. Its at the end of an alleyway/dirt track which is unlit and is a good 10 min walk from the strip. We also found out that the alleyway was nickednamed 'rape alley' which made us all feel very uncomfortable. One night 3 of my friends decided to go back to the hotel early, around 2am and was walking down the alley when a moped with 2 greek men came up behind one of my friends, punched her on the arm and snatched her bag from her which contained her purse, room key and mobile phone. Shaken up by what had happened the rest of us came to help and went straight to the police station, they took a statement and then told her to come back the following morning. When we got back to the hotel we immediately warned 'Robocop' what had happened and he didn't really seemed to be bothered or maybe he couldn't understand us. Considering the room key had been stolen we asked if our friends could move to a different room, but he just stared blankly at us. After 30 mins of arguing with him we gave up and decided to move our friends stuff into our room. The police were not helpful at all and said they had no record of her giving a statement even though she clearly did. The staff of the hotel were not helpful at all. All in all i had an amazing time, but i'd just warn people to not take their door key out with them, and always walk in a group down the alley and have your bag on the shoulder furthest away from the roadside!

1  Thank ElzG