“Best Hotel I have ever stayed in...”
Review of Ionis Art Hotel

and 1 more site!
Ionis Art Hotel
Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Laganas
Reviewed November 9, 2010

I travelled with friends in May this year when the season was just begining. As I always do I checked out reviews on here and to be honest I had 2nd thoughts about going with all the rules and total rubbish I read on some of the reviews on here.

In my opinion this hotel was the best hotel I have ever stayed in out of many holidays abroad. Yes there were rules, but they are needed to make this hotel what it is.... beautiful in and out the interior was sooo lovely and posh that I thought I was living in dreamland for what I paid for this holiday... I would have expected to have spent just one night alone!!

The staff are friendly and very helpful if you got a problem, and the security staff is awesome too, just need to be quiet at night its just out of respect for other guests really.

There were a lot of 18-30's here because it was the hotel that was in the book, as it was early in the season it probably wasn't as crazy as later on in the season but it was blooming brilliant the atmosphere, spacious balconys, lovely pool too, basic but that's enough for me, i hear some people were also lucky to go when they installed a spa pool. it wasn't there when we all went!!

As we were on bed and breakfast we had meals out and about zante and tried itallian's salt and peppers, the chinese one and the american diner, amongst others on the strip and all food was fantastic.

I gave sleep a 4 because even though the hotel is reasonably strict with noise the doors to the rooms are quite thin really and you can hear noise! But this hotel is fantastic, I would definatly go back for sure!!

Lagana' itself is nice got a lovely tiny island to visit for a few hours (head towards the beach and turn right) we had a Toastie there one hungover morning, and the lovely bar tender gave us shot. its a very tiny place but the views of langana from the island are lovely.

The clubs are fab we went on one of our reps trips (the others we went out and did ourselves) which was the school disco, it was an amazing night of great music and awesome atmosphere the best rep trip really for me and my friends, as we are over 25 we have done booze cruises etc so didn't bother with them.

We took a trip on a boat around the island and waterpark trip from a lovely man called georgiou about two tour companys up from ionis to the left and had a fab time on the boat we saw dolphins and fab views of the island and of course the ship wrecked beach pure paradise in greece in my opinion was the coldest water but most beautiful place i have ever swam, bit of warning wear some swim shoes as the pebbles hurrrrt on the beach!!

The waterpark was a fab day out too, lots of slides to keep the kids and the big kids occupied!!

Overall Zante is a beautiful Island - I have been wanting to go back now since i got home, I since went to Malia in September this year and Zante holiday was by far the best on hotel and location and pure service. Don't miss your chance to visit this place!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 9, 2010

Returned to the Ionis Art in Laganas in September after staying there in May. We were greeted in reception like old friends by Caroline the owner and Lynn, Becca & Dennis, it was as if we'd never been home for 4 month in between. There was a tray of fresh fruit & a bottle of wine in our room (a really nice touch).

Since May, they have installed a jucuzzi spa under the palm trees which was really nice and jets that fired at all parts of your body when you moved around.

In the bedrooms, they were just introducing slippers which you could take home with you. Also being installed now that the season has ended are 32in flat screen TV's in all the rooms and also I-Pod docking stations.

There are new lovely leather sofas in the reception area which look great.

The Ionis Art hotel seems to be getting better and better and I am sure over the next couple of years you will see even more improvements, not that you could improve it that much as it is already great.

We went to Caroline's husband's restaraunt "Aresti" overlooking Zante and the steak was cooked beautifully and just as we asked, the flavour was lovely, we also had chocolate souffle which was so yummy, the only thing I was dissapointed with was they used tinned/frozen mushrooms in the garlic mushrooms "why"?. If you are portraying this restaurant as the best on the island, then you have to use all fresh produce or don't have it on the menu. The wine we had was cheaper by 5 euros a bottle than restaurants on the beachfront. The Aresti is a perfect place for a wedding reception, a great location.

The taxi fare back to the Ionis Art was 22 euros which we thought a bit steep.

If anyone is looking for a quiet place to stay then take a look at the Aresti villas, they are really great and each one is private with a pool and you are not overlooked by anyone. Highly recommended if you want to get away from the nightlife of Laganas for a while. We were shown around two of the villas, it was so peaceful. There is a restaurant and a bar at the entrance to the villas which I believe are around 17 of them. There is also a spa/massage treatment room if you really want to unwind.

I personally would like to see a small gym which would be great, with a couple of treadmills and bikes.

The pool is great but would still like to see throw away glasses around this area as a few times glasses were broken and I did see one guy with a cut foot.

Overall, we had a great time and would highly recommend this hotel, villas and restaurant to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We stayed here for 11 nights beginning the 2nd of august... all i can say is wow! fantastic holiday! The hotel is spotless, maids are always cleaning, they clean the rooms everyday. All the staff are friendly aswell, even the legendary Adonis(security guard). Just dont mess about as he is always watching on thc cctv but you can have a laugh with him! the reps were fab too.. knew exactly what kind of holiday we went for! the location could not be better right on the strip!! we had a room facing the strip and the noise wasnt a problem for us at all! fab holiday would recommend to anyone!! amazing i didnt want to leave!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I have read some of the reviews which made me and my friends expect the worst. We did have to fill in the form but it was not a big inconvience because it took a few seconds and we arrived early in the morning but there was no pressure to do it straight away. It was abit annoying having to pay for air con, fridge and saftey box because these are essentials for being on holiday. The staff were lovely and the security man was soo funny and always looking out for us. The rules are not that strict if you dont muck them about, we had music on our rooms, ended up with a few make up marks on towels but nothing was said. Also you get your desposit back so thats a few extra pennies at the end of the holiday, I went away with £900 and came back with £300 and that was meals, drink every night and any desposit etc so it cant be that expensive. Great location too but would not recommend the beach as you have to pay to sunbathe on beds and it wasnt that nice looking. Loved, loved, loved zante!! G spot was great and michaels was great for food and atmosphere. If i was going back i would defo stay in Ionis again because when we were travelling from the airport with Thomsons the Ionis looked like we got the good end of the deal after seeing some of the other hotels.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jem2031
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I went to this hotel with 14 girls for a getaway from this british summer, the hotel was pretty expensive in comparison to others but honestly it was worth every penny. As we arrived we paid a 30 euro deposit for any damage done to the room, which we later got back, one of the girls smashed a glass and got henna on the sheets and they only charged her 12 euros so it wasn't too bad as these other reveiws seem to state. The form we filled in noting any damage to the room was easy, stuff like " missing shower curtain, broken lampshade" all of which was fixed on the first day anyway. The room we had; 119 was probably the biggest of all the other 7 rooms, all the amenities and a nice balcony, ours faced the car park/ feild next room, some where unlucky enough to be stuck at the front of the hotel facing the main road, which was pretty noisey, but we didnt sleep in the rooms much, predominantly from 4am through till 12pm. The hotel was pretty noisey at night but thats what's expexted in a 18-30 hotel. The security guard Vortek no longer works there, instead theres Adonis, who was a really nice guy and wouldnt stand for any nonsense.
The other hotel staff were nice enough, the bar man in the hotel was a bit ratty but not too bad, the food served in the bar was awesome, really nice jacket potatoes and full breakfasts, although it was a bit expensive. Outside the hotel are all the fast food places inc. kfc, pizza hut, and then across the road, maccy d's and red castle all which were really good. The hotels pool and sun beds are set back from the main road so you feel really comfortable and safe with the 100 odd cameras around the buildings, the pool is great but there can be a shortage of sun beds, although the floor is comfy and clean enough. The hotel was in THE best location in the whole of laganas, it was safe to walk home alone which was so nice and it wasn't far away from the clubs, food places or shops. Honestly i'd book this hotel if your looking for a nice hotel in a fantastic location, with alot of saftey. It was ideal for us and we loved it to peices!

• Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank jemanden
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Myself and three friends stayed in the Ionis Art Hotel for 2 weeks from the 13th-27th of July.
on arrival after reading the bad reviews we didnt expect to see our 30 euro deposit again but even after getting make up on the bed sheets and towels we regained our full 30 euros each back. The main thing to remember is to just tell reception ad they will help you.

I have never encountered such friendly and helpful staff at a hotel. Lynn and Dennis on reception are amazing, friendly and make you feel welcome instantly.

The hotel is always clean, the cleaners are a bit grumpy but you don't see them so they won't affect your stay. Everywhere is very social from the pool to the pool bar to the chill out lounge inside. Liam, Bea and Becca, the bar staff, are lovely ad will really look after you.

At night we have The Albatros (Adonis) who looked after us and made sure no trouble went down, treat him nicely he is a amazing person and is just doing his job, and i suggest you don't try and sneak people in to the hotel there are cameras everywhere. If you are going with a company we suggest freestyle as the reps Adam and Rachel are such a laugh and make your holiday.

our room on the second floor (215) was massive for just the two of us ad over looked the strip which was wicked.

all in all we are going back next year and we loved it!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank KatElizabethxo
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Having read quite bad reviews for this hotel we were quite worried but it was the complete opposite of what we heard. The hotel is really nice, the rooms are lovely, the location is right on the strip near the beach and the pool bar is great for coming in and relaxing with everyone. The staff are all really lovely, including the security guy who works in the evening and it's great to know that the hotel is kept safe. The only bad thing I have to say about the hotel would be paying 7 euros a night for air con, but between 2 people it's not that bad and it's well worth it! We got back our deposits despite a few stained sheets and towels from make up and the cleaners cleaned the rooms every day. Would definitely recommend it, well worth the price we paid, especially compared to the hotels where people paid less - they definitely got less.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends