“Fabulous!!”
Review of Ionis Art Hotel

Ionis Art Hotel
Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Laganas
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is the second time that I have stayed in this hotel. Again, it exceeded my expectations. We arrived here on 20th September and stayed for 1 week, just myself and my friend, Upon arrival the hotel had us noted as returning guests which was great.

Our room was 221 on the second floor. It was a smaller room than the one I had last time but this really did not bother me. Room was in perfect condition. Lovely decor, decent beds, hairdryer, flat screen TV and iPod docking station! Only thing is that the shower in our bathroom wasn't the best. It seemed to of lost its power a bit and our view also looked out on to what we called 'Gypsyville'. However, this didn't phase us.

Staff are brilliant. Always want to go the extra mile. Security guards Nikos and Adonis remembered us on our return too! Zak the bar man is great. Made us feel right at home (however his choice of music is poor haha!). Caroline the hotel manager also remembered us which was really lovely! Such a nice person, we love her hotel!

Although this is a 2wentys hotel we were always prompted to tone the noise levels down a tad when we had been drinking on the strip. We totally respected this!

Pool is brilliant but so cold ha! Loads of Lilos and Rubberrings left around which is good. Lots of sunbeds and also brollys to shade from the sun (when it made an appearance!).

Cannot fault this hotel and I can 100% say I would recommend this to anyone as it is such a great place to stay. I was gutted to leave again! But will try and go back next summer!

Room Tip: chose a room on a higher floor for a better view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank scout2907

Reviewed September 27, 2013

i will give the good points and bad points about this hotel ...good points...i was worried at first coming to this hotel has it was a 20's hoilday but i must say i really cant wait to return. the hotel its self is really nice and well looked after the maids keep the room clean everyday and towls are changed every other day.. we were right by the reception so once our doors were closed we couldn't hear nothing from the strip apart from noisy guest coming back which some can be noisy. there's not need to bring speckers has you won't need them cause soon has your up and open your doors all you hear is music...i loved it.. just watch you dont break a thing has the hotel will charge you for even breaking a glass and marks on your sheets even too losing the back off a remote so just look after your room. the pool is kept clean and tidy and have a pool bar but we just took our own drinks to the pool has there not cheap at the bar. they offer a bbq night at 15 euro with out drinks and i was disappointed with it has they cook the food off at 5pm and serve it cold about 10 ..yuk...cold burgers is a no no . the staff at the hotel are lovely and really look after you.. there is a cd and dvd player in your room so take dvd;s or the hotel do rent them out for 2 euro...bad points about hotel...you have tpo pay for your fridge,air con,and safe and for a 4 star hotel i think you should get it all free..ive stayed in 4 -5 stars and this is all in. there is wifi in the hotel at a joke off a price to pay for it but apart from them i would stay here again. we did meet lovely friends at this hotel were some were on top floor and at the front off the strip and they were moaning over the noise off the strip.. the strip its self is really good some good bars some not so good..to start we went to the pink pantner bar the drinks are really good and not watered down and the prices are fab..the paint party was a blast and the faom party.we went in sep so we had all the closing parties there so really enjoyed it at great prices . most bars do water there drinks down so watch out and just tell them. food was great no mater were we eaten :) fancy dress night is a good laugh and they do have a fancy dress shop on the strip which are good prices. the beach is 2 min walk away which is beauitul..you can chill on the beach but each part off the beach is ran by a restaurant and they do add a litle charge on your bill for drinks and food just for using there beach but its nice to be waited on. we went to xparadice one all the time and the bloke there is a right one with the ladies :/ but they do look after yer just make sure you check your bills before you pay has some will try it on.. anyway i'm looking to go back next year has i had a ball there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank princess1974
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We stay hear on the 3rd of September to the 10th and I could not ask for a better holiday the staff are very pleasant but don't piss the sucrity off he is nasty.
The hotel bar is a good place to start as the bar an Zak is nuts I ask for a drink and I said surprise me so he got me a pi nt with vodka samboka and tkyler and a lot more spirits to say the least I was on the floor brilliant laugh and thay know how to have fun

1  Thank James B
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I went to this hotel with my boyfriend 22 and 21 with thomson twentys - however NOT to go clubbing every night. We stayed from the 13th to 20th of September. Its a ten-15mins transfer and on the strip but rooms are almost totally soundproof, only the pool bar music can be heard. The beach is 2 mins walk. Stylish outside and inside the hotel. There is Pizza Hub (not Hut) and a cheaper version of KFC as the details of the hotel points out and they give you discounts for however, dont use them unless its a wet miserable day. Try the greek (better) version of kebabs - Souvlaki or Gyros on the front/strip. The customer service at the hotel is excellent. The pool bar staff, receptionists (definately look out for Graham!! :-) such a sweetie ). you have to pay a 30 euros deposit pp for damages throughout your stay but get it back if nothing. We went Scuba diving with Euro-divers. 80 euros for qualified divers for 2dives or 50 euros for a try dive (dive and snorkel) you can even ask for 3euros bagette which is scrummy. I would also recommend Quad-biking. 20euros for the day per quad (2 persons) and 10euros for petrol. Put your helmet on - 360 euros if not worn!! Everything is closer than you think! Go try banana beach or turtle beach south east of the island. Alcohol is watered down but at pool bar n Cubaneros is not, so moneys worth. Breakfast is continental - jams, toast, marble cake, croissants & greek yogurt & honey however no-body goes as still in bed so hotels profit. Rooms are simple but very clean (didnt hear of different themes however) great tv/dvd/cd/ipod player- definately take DVD with you to fill time before dinner and after dinner!!! The ONLY dissapointment was at the end of the stay we were asked to pay 2 euros for a broken hanger - turned out that there wasn't a broken one when we asked to look just a 'missing' one out of the 5 or so more hangers we had interms of the 13 that there was meant to be. They let it go. Advice - thouroughly check off the things on the list they give you on arrival. As for Mossies, keep windows/doors shut at sunrise and sunset. spray yourself with anti mossie spray before bed and buy some Antisan cream for the bites - they may react worse than usual with your skin - mine did.

Room Tip: The pool musics loud most nights so a higher floor if you want to avoid too much noise at night. How...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shimmeringdolphin
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Me and a friend stayed here for the first week in September, admittedly it doesn't seem to be a great hotel when you first pull up outside but as soon as you walk under the archway it's a really nice place. Located directly on the strip yet you can't hear a thing from your room at night! The reception staff were all very friendly and helpful. Even the security guard sat on reception got me an extra pillow and brought it to my room because we only had 3 between the both of us.

As we first entered the room we were a little disappointed as it could have been cleaner, it was clean, however it appeared to have been made up the day before we arrived and there was dust on a few places and the floor wasn't as clean as it could have been. Apart from that we were satisfied with it!

The pool area was always very clean as was the pool, the bar staff were always coming round to collect empty glasses/bottles and would also chat with you which was nice. The music was always at a perfect volume to hear yet you could still have a conversation and it was always in good taste! (No old/boring music. Up to date and relevant, let's say!) the food from the bar was nice and they have a fairly good choice on offer, wide variety if drinks available too at a decent price, no different to anywhere else in the area. So it was all good value for money. Breakfast was a little disappointing, nothing amazing but then again there was always something you would eat! Toast/croissants/cereal/boiled eggs etc.

The hotel BBQ was great too at night, lots of food and a fun quiz at the end if you wanted to join in, might I just add that we won the quiz and received a prize of €50, which went straight back behind the bar and left a nice little tip for Zak and Yvette! (The bar staff)

Everywhere you want is within walking distance of the hotel, the beach is a 60 second walk away, supermarket's right outside, restaraunts and fast food places dotted all over the place.

Overall we had a great stay at the Ionis and would highly recommend it to anybody! The reps were really nice, fun and friendly!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I, 23 and 21 stayed at this hotel for 10 days starting the 3rd September...it's not really a couple place but my partner and I do like to party, if your a couple that like to party but also like atmosphere and want to experience Greek tradition I would stay away from laganas and go to Alykes :)

First of all it is a clean hotel although our bed sheets were only changed twice and towels only changed every other day (myself i would prefer everyday but maybe that's me being picky). As a few people have said on here it's amazing for sound proofing, I was facing the strip and only one night I woke up due to some boy screaming for about 10 minutes! The hotel itself is nicely decorated and comfortable to stay in.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. We didn't see our reps at all - thank god, but its probably because we avoided the pool and bar area and did our own thing. Right so ill go onto the two security guards - all in all they were very friendly to me and my partner, I had my phone stolen and they were absolutely great help. The one guy called Nikos even left the hotel to go to the club sin city to try and find it (for the record AVOID SIN CITY). However I will make all of you younger lads aware, don't even think about causing hassle with them because they won't stand for it, on the third night I witnessed Nikos knocking a young lad out for urinating on the wall! It made me feel very very uncomfortable!

The breakfast is very basic - toast, ham, cheese, hard boiled eggs etc etc. not that I ever had it because we were sleeping passed 10 haha!

Now for the scabby part - they charged us €100 for air con, fridge and safe use. €60 deposit and €3 for every hour on wifi!!!! If you do stay at this hotel I'd suggest you check all the room before hand because they will try and get your €60 deposit for the smallest of things.

For couples only - if you do want to stay in laganas I'd recommend hiring a quad for the day as we explored Kalamaki, argasi and Zakinthos town which was lovely!

All in all if I were to laganas I'd probably stay here as it was by far the nicest hotel on the strip!

I also have to mention if you go down onto the beach they have some lovely restaurants and bars! Definitely try "tasos" the food, service and atmosphere is top notch!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went in middle of august with 6 other girls aged 21! Would say the ionis is probably one of the best options if you are going for a party holiday as its right on the strip and a 2 minute walk to the beach! Pool is a good size and the food is nice ate here every day for lunch pretty much! The barman Zak was lovelyyyy and nice enough to show us around a bit! Plus he makes a great pinacolada! The only thing I would say is to watch for the receptionists telling you you need to pay for clean sheets because you got a mark on them...I ended up cleaning mine myself and the stain came out! Great holiday!
(katapolo)